Hiking is a fun and exhilarating experience, and just like any other sport, you will need the right equipment.
Your Hiking shoes are the most important gear that offers you protection and comfort to improve the experience.
Skechers have some exceptional Hiking shoe models that are not to be missed!
What to Look for in a Good Hiking Shoe
Hiking shoes should offer you comfort and protection against the many hazards you may face in the great outdoors. The most crucial factor to remember when hiking outdoors is that the trails will be uneven, slippery, and even wet, so for these reasons, you need to choose hiking shoes that will offer stability and traction on these slick surfaces, as well as impact protection and cushioning. Waterproofing is also essential if you are hiking in wet terrain to keep your feet dry and warm.
Here are the main characteristics to look for in a good Hiking shoe in general;
- Waterproofing and Breathability – Waterproofing is important to keep your feet dry and protected in wet terrain. Breathability such as mesh and a Gore-tex lining will help keep your feet dry on the inside and prevent excessive sweat and moisture build-up. Breathability is important for hiking in hot and humid conditions.
- Insulation – Hiking in cold and wet conditions can cause frostbite and discomfort, therefore the combination of insulation and waterproofing is ideal for hiking in these conditions. The type of insulation will vary in different degrees according to how cold the environment is.
- Durability – Durability features such as strong construction methods and long-lasting materials are key. High abrasion-resistant rubber outsoles and protective toe and heel caps are a great advantage for grip and durability when hiking.
- Comfort Features – Stability and ankle protection can be very beneficial on unstable terrain and cushioning, and impact protection is a must, so look for these critical features in a hiking shoe.
- Slip Resistance – Last and most important is the tread and outsole of your shoe. The most dangerous hazard when hiking is slipping and falling. Therefore you need an outsole that offers maximum traction and grip. Look for a durable rubber outsole with a high traction or lug tread designed specifically for outdoor and trail use.
The Hiking Shoe Options that Skechers Have Available
Here are some of the Types of Hiking Shoes that Skechers has Available for Women:
- Fisherman’s Sandal – This is a Fisherman-style sandal with an open design and bungee lace-up system, ideal for hiking and outdoor wet terrain, with a high traction rubber outsole. This shoe offers a relaxed and flexible fit and a quick-drying upper design for hiking in wet terrain.
- Kids Dynamic Tread Range – The Dynamic tread range from Skechers is available in a toddler and children’s range, the perfect hiking and overall outdoor play shoe for little girls, which is available in a light blue or pink color option.
- Go Trail Range – The Go Trail range from Skechers is design individually for Hiking and Trail Walking in more rough and slippery terrain. This model features 5Gen Cushioning with impact protection in the heel and forefoot and a multi-Terrain slip-resistant rubber outsole for better grip and traction. The uppers of the Go trail range are also water-resistant and much more durable.
- Skechers for Work – The Skechers for Work Range has models such as The Doyline, Bellshill, and D’Lites that have features making them ideal Hiking, as well as industrial outdoor work shoes. The Treads are designed for loose and rough or wet outdoor terrain, the uppers are waterproof, and some models have a protective steel toe.
- Go Walk Outdoors. The Go Walk Outdoors range has specialized GOGA Plus technology for better support on uneven terrain, along with water-resistant uppers and GoTherm 360 for insulation in colder weather conditions. The outsole is from durable rubber with a tread designed for trail walking and hiking.
- Reggae Fest Big Adventure – The Reggae Fest Model similarly;y has a closed shoe design option with similar features to the Fisherman’s sandal and a lace-up bungee system, and water-resistant uppers.
Features of a Good Skechers Hiking Shoe
- A trail specific Tread with lug patterns.
- Durable rubber outsole and shock-absorbing midsole.
- Air Cooled Memory Foam Cushioning.
- %Gen high rebound cushioning.
- Breathable and lightweight uppers.
- Waterproof or water-resistant uppers.
- Stability features.
- Leather, mesh, or synthetic uppers with overlays and mesh insets.
Reviews: The Best Hiking Shoe Models From Skechers
Below are some of the best available Hiking and Trail walking shoe models that Skechers have available:
The Relaxed Fit Reggae Fest Neap is a Hiking Sandal from Skechers with the famous Air Cooled Memory Foam insole and a durable and outdoor terrain treaded rubber outsole.
- Lightweight mesh uppers for breathability with synthetic overlays for structural support.
- Open side design for cooling.
- A fabric topped footbed and shock absorbing midsole.
- A Relaxed fit design.
- Air-cooled memory foam footbed.
- Durable high traction rubber outsole.
- This shoe is available in four neutral colors for you to choose from as preferred.
A high traction Trail shoe with water-resistant uppers and energy-returning 5Gen Cushioning.
- This ankle-length Trail shoe is available in a Chocolate, Charcoal/Turquoise, or black suede leather option.
- Features a Goga Mat plus cushioned insole.
- A midfoot strike zone and Forefoot pressure dispersion.
- Breathable mesh fabric and synthetic uppers.
- High Traction rubber outsole.
The Doyline is an Industrial Work Boot with ideal hikes in very hazardous terrain and slippery surfaces.
- Features a comfortable, relaxed fit with mesh and synthetic uppers for breathability.
- Lace-up sneaker style.
- Durable high traction outdoor rubber outsole.
- Inside is a comfortable air-cooled memory foam insole.
- The synthetic overlays on the uppers come in an option of different colored Nubuck leathers.
A lightweight and comfortable outdoor walking and hiking excursion Boot from Skechers, the Trego features Air Cushioned Memory Foam Insole for better support.
- It offers a relaxed fit and is available in either a solid black or solid chocolate brown color option for you to choose from according to preference.
- A relaxed and comfortable fit.
- Ideal for uneven terrains.
- Many more colors are available.
- Trail outsole from durable rubber.
- Air Cooled Memory foam comfort insole.
The Dynamic Tread is a fun and colorful sporty outdoor walking shoe that you can “Hop and Hike in for the Young ladies.” Soft and comfortable woven mesh uppers with secure lace-up and closure ensure this shoe stays on little feet, and the durable rubber outsole prevents slips and falls.
- You will see that there are Toddler and children’s sizes available in this range and the option of either a light blue or pink color for the girls.
- Soft and comfortable mesh uppers with a lace-up and Velcro closure for a more secure fit.
- The tongue and collar are padded for protection and comfort.
- A soft fabric interior lining and air-cooled memory foam footbed.
- Thick and durable rubber outsole that is flexible and offers excellent traction.
The Cool Rider from Skechers is a comfortable and supportive hiking boot that offers superb shock absorbency.
- It comes with a durable and trail-specific rubber outsole for slip resistance.
- Breathable and comfortable uppers in an ankle boot design.
- There are a supportive and shock absorbing midsole and a padded tongue and collar for comfort.
From the D’Lites range, we have the Synergy, a comfortable and durable Hiking boot ideal for colder weather conditions.
- 3 MScotchguard treated uppers that are comfortable and breathable with a warm and insulated design.
- A thick and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Sporty and fashionable style hiking boot.
- Ideal for colder weather conditions.
- A warm Tech memory foam footbed that is insulating.
- Long-length design.
The Shindings Renegade from Skechers is a rugged heritage-style lace-up hiking boot available in two color options.
- Available in a tan or white color option.
- Sporty Hiking style ankle boot.
- Secure lace-up system and durable upper design.
- A thick rubber outsole with a patterned tread for outdoor slip resistance.
- Comfortable, warm Tech Memory foam footbed.
The Skechers Ghenter Bronaugh is a Work shoe that is ideal for Hiking in warmer weather and dry conditions because of its highly breathable uppers and a slip-resistant durable outsole.
- The Uppers consist of a breathable and quick-drying mesh, ideal for hot weather.
- There is a comfortable and cushioned insole to support your feet and a lace-up system for a snug fit.
- The durable rubber outsole has a lug tread ideal for hiking.
- The Sole is also highly slip-resistant.
The Skechers Full Circle is a light and durable hiking shoe that is ideal for less hazardous trails.
- The uppers consist of 100% pure Nubuck Leather and textiles for breathability.
- There are a comfortable Air Cooled Memory Foam footbed and moisture-wicking lining.
- The outsole is made from durable rubber and has the ideal tread for outdoors and hiking.
- You can get this model in a few color selections.
The Skechers D’Lites range is a durable shoe with a lug tread making it perfect for Hiking.
- The Skechers D’Lites Range is the ideal shoe for outdoor excursions and hiking with its durable and robust build.
- The outsole is a thick rubber with a lug pattern for a better grip.
- The uppers consist of durable leather with mesh insets to breathe and ventilate.
- There is a comfortable insole, and the sole is flexible.
Index Table: Top Rated Skechers Hiking Shoes
|1||Skechers Women's Reggae Fest Neap - Hiking Fishermans Sandals||Skechers||98.4|
|2||Skechers Women's Go Run Trail - Hiking Shoes||Skechers||98|
|3||Skechers Women's - Hiking Shoes||Skechers||97|
|4||Skechers Women's Trego - Lightweight Hiking Boots||Skechers||97|
|5||Skechers Women's Kid’s Dynamic Tread - Hiking Shoes for Young ladies||Skechers||98|
|6||Skechers Women's Energy-Cool-Rider - Hiking Shoe||Skechers||97|
|7||Skechers Women's Synergy Real-Eastate - Snow & Ice Hiking Boots||Skechers||96|
|8||Skechers Women's Shindigs-Renegade - Hiking Boot||Skechers||98|
|9||Skechers Women's Ghenter Bronaugh - Dry Weather Hiking Shoe||Skechers||96.5|
|10||Skechers Women's Full Circle - Hiking Shoe||Skechers||97|
|11||Skechers Women's D’Lites - Hiking Shoe||Skechers||97|
Table of Contents
- What to Look for in a Good Hiking Shoe
- The Hiking Shoe Options that Skechers Have Available
- Features of a Good Skechers Hiking Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Hiking Shoe Models From Skechers
- Skechers® Women's Reggae Fest Neap Hiking Fishermans Sandals
- Skechers® Women's Go Run Trail Hiking Shoes
- Skechers® Women's Hiking Shoes
- Skechers® Women's Trego Lightweight Hiking Boots
- Skechers® Women's Kid’s Dynamic Tread Hiking Shoes for Young ladies
- Skechers® Women's Energy-Cool-Rider Hiking Shoe
- Skechers® Women's Synergy Real-Eastate Snow & Ice Hiking Boots
- Skechers® Women's Shindigs-Renegade Hiking Boot
- Skechers® Women's Ghenter Bronaugh Dry Weather Hiking Shoe
- Skechers® Women's Full Circle Hiking Shoe
- Skechers® Women's D’Lites Hiking Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Skechers Hiking Shoes