Diabetes is a condition that can affect the health of your feet, causing painful bunions and corns. Diabetic feet are likewise quite fragile; thus, an injury or infection may lead to gangrene if not treated.
Comfortable and protective footwear is a necessity if you have Diabetes, and luckily there are some superb models from Skechers that are ideal in this case.
Diabetes Causes and Treatments
Diabetes is a metabolic condition that causes a spike in your blood sugar. The Hormone Insulin, which moves sugar from the blood into the cells to store them for energy, is insufficient in a person with Diabetes, so thus there is an excess of sugar in your blood. Diabetes, in turn, can damage your nerves, eyes, kidneys, and other organs, as well as cause many symptoms.
Symptoms related to your feet may include; Bunions, Corns and fungal infections, as well as Gangrene in untreated wounds.
There are basically three types of Diabetes and different causes, symptoms and risk factors to each;
Diabetes Type1 – A very severe type of diabetes and not so common is type one, where your immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys the insulin-producing beta cells in your pancreas.
Type 2 Daibetes – The most common form of Diabetes and much less severe, which stems from Genetic disorders and lifestyle factors. Obesity is one of the main elements of diabetes 2
Gestational Diabetes – This is Diabetes during pregnancy, which is caused by an excess intake of sugar and an increase in weight. Luckily the symptoms will disappear after birthing.
In the end, both your Genetics and external factor can play a role in your risk of getting Diabetes, here are a few of the causes and risk factors.
- Diabetes Type 1 – This form of diabetes is linked to genetics or certain health conditions. You are more likely to get Diabetes Type 1 if a parent or family member has the condition.
- Diabetes Type 2 – Diabetes Type two can occur if you are overweight, older than 45, have a family member with the condition, have had gestational diabetes, or if you have high blood pressure, cholesterol or high triglycerides.
- Getational Diabetes – In this case, if you are pregnant and, overweight, over 25, have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or have a family history of diabetes, and if you have given birth to a baby over 9 pounds before, you are likely to have gestational diabetes.
Treatment Options for Diabetes are;
Insulin is the best treatment for Type 1 Diabetes as external factors do not cause this; however, there are dietary and lifestyle changes that you can make to treat and prevent gestational and Type 2 Diabetes;
- Exercising regularly.
- Eating more vegetables, some fruits, and whole grains.
- Cutting out sugar, refined carbohydrates, along with saturated and trans fats.
- Losing excess weight.
Why Skechers Shoes for Diabetes
It is essential to look for a shoe that is lightweight, breathable and offers good midsole cushioning and shock absorbency when you have diabetes.
Extra-depth and roomy design – mainly helps when you have Diabetes, as most individuals with Diabetes may suffer from foot conditions or deformities such as Bunions, and Hammertoe, as well as arthritis in the joints.
All in all, any shoe with Orthopedic comfort and support benefits is ideal.
Skechers offers many comfort and support features in their shoes such as the
a) Shock-absorbing midsole
b) Air-cooled cushioned Memory foam insole
c) 5Gen cushioning in their athletic shoes
d) Wider width options
e) Roomy toe box
f) Flexible sole.
g) Breathable uppers.
All in All, besides genuine Orthopedic shoes, I would go as far to say that Skechers has some of the best characteristics and features in most of their shoe models to accommodate foot conditions and health conditions affecting your feet, such as Arthritis, Diabetes, Neuropathy, Plantar Fasciitis, and many other foot ailments.
Features of Skechers Diabetic Shoes
- A slip resistant rubber outsole.
- Shock absorbing midsole.
- Air Cooled Memory foam or 5Gen cushioning for comfort.
- Wider width options or a roomy toe design.
- Flexible and soft seam-free uppers.
- Breathable mesh uppers.
- Flexible sole from durable rubber.
- Relaxed fit design with no pressure on your feet.
Reviews: The Best Skechers Shoes for Diabetics
Below are a Variety of Shoes Types from Skechers that are ideal for Diabetic Feet;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Diabetes Work Shoe
We kick off with the very versatile and highly comfortable Dighton from Skechers, work, and play sneaker that is available in a neutral black or white color option to choose from as needed. This shoe features a relaxed, comfortable fit, with a memory foam insole, shock-absorbing midsole, and a slip-resistant outsole.
- Soft and supple smooth leather uppers.
- Lace-up design with stitching accents.
- A breathable fabric tongue.
- Relaxed fit design with a comfortable memory foam cushion and arch support.
- The midsole offers excellent shock absorbency and there is a high traction rubber outsole.
- Slip resistant.
- Shock Absorbing.
- Memory Foam Insole.
- Slightly Heavy.
The D’lites and afterburn from Skechers s feature their classic chunky style fashionable sneaker. What I love about these two models is the fact that they have a wider fit and smooth interior linings, which is ideal if you have Bunions or similar foot ailments, which are usually symptoms caused by Diabetes.
- Leather and synthetic uppers and a flexible high traction rubber outsole.
- A cushioned mesh tongue and memory foam insole for comfort.
- There are metal top eyelets and a secure lace-up system.
- There are a few color options available in these models.
Slip On Diabetes Shoe
The Skechers Go Walk Range is a popular favorite among many individuals. I have chosen the slip-on sneaker, which is casual everyday wear or walking shoe. What I love about this specific model besides just the cushioning and shock absorbency are the highly soft, flexible, and breathable mesh uppers.
- Very lightweight design with breathable and comfortable soft woven uppers from knit mesh fabric.
- Heel overlays for stability.
- A dual-density stability outsole.
- Comfortable cushioned heel and collar, as well as a GOGA Mat air, cooled foam insole.
Two Simplistic and elegant sandal models from Skechers for everyday wear and any occasion, with soft foam footbeds and adjustable straps for the perfect fit.
- A comfortable sandal with adjustable side and back hook and loop straps.
- Soft fabric strap linings.
- High Traction rubber outsole.
- Luxe Foam Cushioned and contoured footbed.
- Smooth and durable synthetic uppers straps that are adjustable.
- Memory foam 360 paddings in the straps.
- A full-length Memory foam footbed.
- Shock absorbing midsole and high traction rubber outsole.
Breathable Shoes for Diabetic Feet
- Soft woven and breathable mesh fabric uppers.
- A Flexible rubber outsole that offers excellent grip and traction.
- Relaxed fit with a padded collar for comfort.
- An Air Cooled Memory foam topped and cushioned insole.
- The midsole has textured side panels for stability.
- Available in few Neutral Color Options to Choose From.
Wide Width Platform Sneaker
The Skechers Energy Sneaker is a wider wdth and comfortable design casual shoe which is ideal for Diabetics.
- Available in many color selections.
- The uppers are made from durable and supple 100% genuine leather with perforations for ventilation.
- A thick and durable rubber sole.
- The collar is cushioned for a more comfortable fit.
- EVA foam shock absorbing midsole and a soft and moisture-wicking interior lining.
- Slight heel and comfortable cushioned insole.
- Available in wider width options.
Slip On Diabetic Walking Shoe
The Go Wal 4 and GO Walk Joy is one of the best slip-on options that you can invest in if you have feet with symptoms due to Diabetes.
- Soft and flexible 100% Mesh uppers.
- A 5Gen cushioned and shock absorbing midsole and a comfortable moisture managing and cushioned sock-liner.
- The uppers are extremely lightweight and breathable.
- , Many colors are available to choose from, as you prefer.
- Easy slip-on and off style with a durable and shock-absorbing rubber outsole.
Wide width Diabetic Sneakers
The Summits from Skechers offers style and comfort for diabetic feet.
- Smooth flat knit mesh fabric uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A plush and comfortable memory foam insole with moisture-wicking linings.
- The sole is flexible and shock absorbing and has a high traction rubber outsole.
- Available in a few color selections to choose from.
Casual Diabetic Footwear
The Synergy and Terrabite from Skechers are comfortable and supportive casual shoes ideal for everyday wear and diabetes symptoms affecting your feet.
- The Terrabite Oxford has leather and synthetic upper, while the Synergy only has synthetic uppers.
- Both shoes have an athletic style and a platform design sole.
- There are a comfortable memory foam insole and a smooth moisture-wicking lining.
- These two models also offer a wider width fit.
Walking Shoes for Diabetes
The Go Walk Honor and Evolution Ultra from Skechers are ideal walking shoes for Diabetic feet.
- The Go Walk evolution and Honor are both slip-on walking shoes.
- Both these models have lightweight and flexible textile upper.
- There is a comfortable Air Cooled Goga Mat cushioned insole and supportive midsole.
- The High rebound Ultra Pillars energize every step that you take, and the rubber outsole ensures a good grip.
- You can choose between a few neutral color options in both these shoe models.
The Skechers Louden and Cali are comfortable adjustable sandals that cater to all the needs of Diabetic feet.
- The Louden has leather upper while the Cali has Jersey Nylon uppers and a Yoga Foam footbed for comfort.
- Both sandal have adjustable straps, so you get a more adaptable fit.
- The Louden has a memory foam cushioned footbed for comfort.
- There is a durable rubber sole on the Louden and Cali for optimal traction.
Diabetic Walking Shoes
The Skechers Go Walk Joy wider width shoe is ideal for swollen and painful diabetic feet.
- A more comfortable and wider fit for swollen feet.
- The uppers are lightweight with textile materials.
- For comfort, there is a cushioned insole and supportive midsole.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent traction.
- The sole is also flexible and lightweight.
Diabetic Athletic Dress Shoe
These two comfortable and stylish shoes from Skechers are available in more accommodating wider widths as well as having comfort features for diabetic feet.
- The upper consists of leather and textile materials that are lightweight and breathable.
- There are wider width options available to accommodate swollen feet.
- The Memory foam cushioned insole provides plush comfort, and there is a Bio-Dry lining for moisture management.
- A durable rubber outsole supports your feet and ensures excellent traction.
- These shoes are ideal as professional work shoes for everyday wear.
Diabetic Running Shoes
As a running shoe for Diabetic feet, we have the Go Run Fast model with a balancing Rocker Sole and comfortable fit.
- The cushioned sole has a Rocker design and durable rubber outsole for excellent traction.
- There is a lightweight and responsive 5Gen Cushioning system as well and an Air Cooled Goga Mat insole.
- The uppers are breathable with soft engineered mesh.
- You can so choose from a few available colors.
Index Table: Top Rated Skechers Shoe Models for Diabetics
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Skechers® - Diabetes Work Shoe||Dighton||Dighton||Skechers||97|
|2||Skechers® - Diabetes Sneaker||Energy Afterburn||D’Lites||Skechers||98|
|3||Skechers® - Slip On Diabetes Shoe||Go Walk 5||Go Walk 5||Skechers||98|
|4||Skechers® - Diabetes Sandals||Louden||Brie||Skechers||98|
|5||Skechers® - Breathable Shoes for Diabetic Feet||Creston||Lovestory||Skechers||98|
|6||Skechers® - Wide Width Platform Sneaker||Energy||Energy||Skechers||97|
|7||sKECHERS® - Slip On Diabetic Walking Shoe||Go Walk 5||Go Walk Joy||sKECHERS||98|
|8||Skechers® - Wide width Diabetic Sneakers||Summits||Summits||Skechers||97|
|9||Skechers® - Casual Diabetic Footwear||Terrabite Oxford||Synergy 3.0||Skechers||97.8|
|10||Skechers® - Walking Shoes for Diabetes||Go Walk Evolution Ultra||Go Walk 5 Honor||Skechers||97|
|11||Skechers® - Diabetic Sandals||Louden||Cali||Skechers||97.4|
|12||Skechers® - Diabetic Walking Shoes||Go Walk Joy 15601||Go Walk Joy 15601||Skechers||96|
|13||Skechers® - Diabetic Athletic Dress Shoe||Track Scloric||Breathe Easy Lucky-Lady||Skechers||97.4|
|14||Skechers® - Diabetic Running Shoes||Go Run Fast 15106||Go Run Fast 15106||Skechers||98.2|
Table of Contents
- Diabetes Causes and Treatments
- Why Skechers Shoes for Diabetes
- Features of Skechers Diabetic Shoes
- Reviews: The Best Skechers Shoes for Diabetics
- Diabetes Work Shoe
- Diabetes Sneaker
- Slip On Diabetes Shoe
- Diabetes Sandals
- Breathable Shoes for Diabetic Feet
- Wide Width Platform Sneaker
- Slip On Diabetic Walking Shoe
- Wide width Diabetic Sneakers
- Casual Diabetic Footwear
- Walking Shoes for Diabetes
- Diabetic Sandals
- Diabetic Walking Shoes
- Diabetic Athletic Dress Shoe
- Diabetic Running Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Skechers Shoe Models for Diabetics