As a Nurse, your daily activities include a great deal of walking and you being on your feet all day. This, in turn, can cause pain, fatigue, and foot problems, which you do not want to face in this occupation.
New balance has a great range of athletic and works shoe, which is perfect for protection and comfort in a Hospital work environment, and ideal for a nurse who is on their feet all day.
Some Common Foot Ailments that Nurses Face
Nurse faces some common foot ailments that can be painful and uncomfortable, particularly if they do not have the right footwear;
- Ingrown Nails – These are caused by improper nail trimming and care, which is a result of less time for self-care. Pressure from shoes is also a risk factor in Ingrown Toe Nails.
- Heel Spurs – Usually in individuals with a flat or low arch with improper footwear, this is a painful heel condition that can stem from Plantar Fasciitis.
- Heel Pain – This occurs from excessive strain on the heel from impact from walking or jumping without shoes offering proper shock absorbency.
- Corsn and Callouses – these are protective layers of dead skin that develop over time because shoes rub against bony areas on your feet regularly.
- Bunions – Bunions are misaligned toe joints that become swollen and tender and exist because of shoes that are too narrow fitting or have a high heel.
- Blisters – Blisters are caused because of friction against the skin from hard parts of a shoe or when feet become wet from sweating excessively.
Footwear and Treatments for Nurses
It is advised that Nurse should take care of their feet with regular washing and grooming, as well as wear sock to prevent excessive moisture build-up and insoles for added support.
Footwear that can offer stability, cushioning, and shock absorbency, along with a slip-resistant sole s ideal for nurses.
Features of a Good New Balance Shoe for Nurses
- ENCAP PU Ring and Core in the Heel and Sole – This technology offers excellent shock absorbency and stability for the wearer along with a stability shank that also adds some protection.
- Insole – An NB response or Removable Insert that offers energizing and cushioned insole insert or there are also removable insoles that allow you the use of your own orthotic devices.
- Mesh Uppers or Leather Uppers – usually it is a combination of mesh and leather but for nursing shoes as a protective cover, mostly leather with perforations for ventilation.
- Colors and Widths – Most New Balance Nurses Shoe models are available mostly in neutral color options, as well as Narrow, Medium, Wide and Extra Wide widths that you can choose from.
- Dual Density Collar Foam and Padded Tongue – The Collar is designed with dual-density foam to provide a snug and comfortable fit, and in some models, the tongue is also padded for comfort.
- ABZORB Technology – This is a shock-absorbing technology which is used in the midsole or as a heel crash pad for optimum Impact protection.
- Midsole Technology – In most models, you will find an ACTEVA and Injection Molded EVA, AIMEVA, or CUSH Midsole that cushions the foot and provides shock absorbency.
- Outsole – Most Nursing shoes have an abrasion-resistant NB tread outsole or rubber outsoles with lug patterns for optimal slip resistance.
Reviews: The Best New Balance Shoes for Nurses
here are some top model shoe types and styles from New Balance which work very well as a shoe for Nurses;
Industrail Work Shoes for Nurses
The 412V1 model from New Balance is a durable and comfortable work shoe with technical features that are also ideal for Nurses.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers and a protective toe.
- A Cushioned EVA insert for shock absorbency and comfort and moisture-wicking lining.
- The durable rubber outsole is designed for maximum slip resistance on work floors.
- Available in different color and width options.
Training Sneaker Nurses Shoe
These are two ideal Nursing shoe models from New Balance for men and women.
- Leather uppers with breathable insets.
- It comes with an IMEVA midsole and AIMEVA midsole for shock absorbency with an ABZORB heel to protect your heels and ankles from impact.
- The outsole offers excellent slip resistance and is non-marking.
- These shoes are available neutral color selections as well as narrow and wider width selections.
Work Training Shoe for Nurses
The 806V1 is another excellent model from New Balance in protective and comfortable work shoes for Nurses.
- Synthetic leather uppers with Now-Sew overlays and a smooth moisture-wicking interior lining.
- A Fresh foam shock absorbing midsole and cushioned insole.
- The ideal work shoe for Nurses and similar occupations with a slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Available in a few color options to choose from.
- Also available in a Narrow, Medium, Wide or Extra Wide width option.
Comfortable Shoe for Nurses
If you are looking for the most comfortable shoe for your occupation in Nursing, then these are the ones you can rely on from New Balance.
- Leather uppers with a breathable and lightweight design.
- A slight heel too toes drop for optimal stability and motion.
- IMEVA midsole and ABZORB crash pads in the heel for optimal shock absorbency and cushioning.
- There is a Dual-density foam collar for a more comfortable fit and a cushioned insole.
- The Non-Marking rubber outsole offers excellent traction and shock slip resistance.
Slip Resistant Nurses Shoe
For better slip resistance on hospital floors and ample shock absorbency, these are the best two models from New Balance.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh and leather uppers.
- An Injection Molded EVA midsole and CUSH midsole for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- There is also an internal shank for protection and stability, as well as a comfortable cushioned insert.
- Walking strike path technology and a durable ad slip-resistant rubber outsole.
Walking Shoes for Nurses
- Leather and textile mesh upper for structural support and breathability.
- An ABZORB cushioned shock-absorbing midsole and a comfortable padded tongue and collar.
- Smooth moisture-wicking interior lining and a removable comfort insert.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent abrasion resistance as well as slip resistance.
Index Table: Top Rated New Balance Shoes for Nurses
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Industrail Work Shoes for Nurses||412V1||412V1||New Balance||98.2|
|2||New Balance® - Training Sneaker Nurses Shoe||MID626K2||WX623V3||New Balance||96|
|3||New Balance® - Work Training Shoe for Nurses||806V1||806V1||New Balance||97|
|4||New Balance® - Comfortable Shoe for Nurses||608V5||WID624V2||New Balance||97|
|5||New Balance® - Slip Resistant Nurses Shoe||MW608V5||WW496V3||New Balance||97|
|6||New Balance® - Walking Shoes for Nurses||MW840V4||WW840V4||New Balance||99|
Table of Contents
- Some Common Foot Ailments that Nurses Face
- Footwear and Treatments for Nurses
- Features of a Good New Balance Shoe for Nurses
- Reviews: The Best New Balance Shoes for Nurses
- Industrail Work Shoes for Nurses
- Training Sneaker Nurses Shoe
- Work Training Shoe for Nurses
- Comfortable Shoe for Nurses
- Slip Resistant Nurses Shoe
- Walking Shoes for Nurses
- Index Table: Top Rated New Balance Shoes for Nurses