Having flat feet, or fallen arches have indoctrinated such a stigma resulting in the belief that someone who has flat feet has a disability, has insufficient foot skills and has a greater injury risk.
This, of course, is completely untrue, and with the technology, we have at our fingertips today even someone with a foot condition such as fallen arches can still excel at sports.
What is a “Flat Foot”
Having flat feet means that the arch of your foot is lower than what it should be. The arch of your foot in the middle part at the bottom of your foot formed by the tarsal and metatarsal bones and strengthened by the ligaments and tendons. The arch of your foot allows your foot to support the weight of your body.
Injuries to the bones, ligaments or tendons of your arch, certain medical conditions, pregnancy and being overweight can cause your arches to fall resulting in a flat foot.
Playing Tennis with Flat Feet
Flat feet can be quite a problem for some people that like to take part in energetic sports, tennis is one of those sports. Luckily there are many different types of tennis shoes and orthotics available that will help you to function normally and play a great game of tennis without any pain, discomfort or injuries.
What is the Best Tennis Shoe for Flat Feet
Tennis players with flat feet will need a pair of tennis shoes that will support their lower arch, gives good stability and is comfortable to wear.
Flat footed athletes have a tendency also to be (when your foot rolls too far inward when you walk or run), therefore they should be advised not to wear shoes with high arch support. Also keep in mind that you will have to look at the performance aspects of the shoe as a durable and quality, functional tennis shoe.
Reviews: Top-Rated Tennis Shoes for Flat feet
We have compiled a list of some of the top tennis shoes with the best reviews that will offer you the best support and comfort if you have flat feet, while still performing at peak levels on the court as a tennis shoe.
The K-Swiss is a quick and lightweight tennis shoe with a flow-cool ventilation system that is supportive for lower arches. The Big Shot 2’s Arch support is lower than medium making it the perfect solution for players who have fallen arches or flat feet.
- Improved lateral stability while still retaining the quickness of the original Big Shot.
- A flow-cool ventilation system to keep your feet dry and cool.
- The durable Aosta 7.0 rubber sole offers excellent grip and traction on any court.
- A rigid PCS mid-foot support chassis for superb support and stability.
- The EVA midsole offers great shock absorption.
- This shoe is true to its size and comfortable to wear.
- Available in a variety of feminine colors and designs
The Asics Gel Challenger is perfect for hard courts with its Gel Cushioning and Solyte Midsole. It allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle and offers excellent support and stability.
- Asics High abrasion rubber sole for durability on hard courts.
- PGuard toe protectors.
- Synthetic leather and mesh uppers.
- and Forefoot Gel cushioning system to attenuate shock during impact and toe-off.
- A PHF (personal heel fit) lining.
- Solyte midsole material that is more lightweight than EVA and offers advanced cushioning and durability.
- Good stability and Arch support.
The new T22 series offers improved ventilation, as well as excellent durability and support which is expected with this series.
- A synthetic and mesh are upper.
- PRC 1000 outsole for unmatched durability.
- The wishbone shank provides excellent stability for the mid-foot.
- The bootstrap gives great stability.
- A RASH toe cap for abrasion protection.
- A Shock Eraser midsole to absorb impact.
The Adidas performance Barricade for Women will give you the confidence and comfort that you need to attain your greatest performance. With features such as the advanced cushioning, impact resistance and stability, you will have comfort and protection in all the right places.
- Synthetic and fabric uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A welded TPU three-stripe and T-toe overlay.
- Shock absorbing adiprene technology to soften the impact on the knees and joints.
- The Ultra-responsive adiprene plus foam cushioning gives great comfort and support.
- A Torsion system foot support.
- An Adiwear court traction sole.
- Available in variety of colours an designs.
- Make sure to get at least half a size up as this is a snug fit.
New Balance is a company that is dedicated to designing athletic shoes based on consistent research, which will help every athlete achieve their goals.
The New Balance WC806 is a tennis shoe that aims at giving you the best stability, support and comfort on the court so that you can turn all your focus to the game at hand.
- Leather and Synthetic Uppers.
- ABZORB cushioning technology for comfort and shock absorbency.
- C-Cap midsoles for support and stability.
- A lightning dry liner to keep your feet dry at all times.
- Superior support and stability for tennis players.
- The rubbers sole is of the finest quality.
The Asics Gel Game is a comfortable and high-performance tennis shoe that will provide you with the cushioned support and shock absorption that you require for a flatter foot.
- A foam-padded collar and tongue for more comfort.
- The breathable mesh lining ensures that your feet stay dry and odor free.
- A cushioned footbed for comfortable support.
- The perforated toe box provides good ventilation and the lace-up closure system offers a secure fit.
- Rearfoot gel cushioning that attenuates shock during the impact phase for a smoother transition to midstance.
- A lightweight injected EVA midsole offers even more cushioned support and comfort.
- The non-marking solid rubber outsole with lateral wraps enhances traction on hard courts.
- The forefoot grooves improve flexibility for fast response.
A well cushioned and responsive energy returning tennis shoe that is perfect for a flat foot.
- Comfortable leather and mesh uppper design that offers excellent ventilation and a snug fit.
- A round sole, ensures smoother movement and better energy return.
- The midsole is durable and flexible while easily retaining its shappe.
- The unique power Cushioning technology, offers extra support and shock absorbency.
- A TPU outsole that ensure exceptional grip and traction.
The Nike Court Lite is lightweight and well cushioned to support a Low Arch on any court type.The uppers have a breathable and lightweight design with synthetic and mesh materials, as well as a mesh tongue.
The full length Phylon midsole cushions and supports a flat foot, while absorbing impact.
The GDR outsole is durable and offers excellent traction on all courts.
There are additional layers for better abrasion resistance in the toe area.
The Asics Gel resolution 7 is a Running shoe that offers excellent impact absorption and arch support to accommodate a flat foot or lower arch.
- Breathable mesh and synthetic uppers to keep feet cool and fresh.
- A flexible and durable design.
- Gel cushioning, for shock absorbency and comfort.
- A lightweight and cushioned midsole.
- Thick and durable rubber outsole.
- The Dual-Density support system is perfect to support a Flat foot.
The Asics gel Challenger offer ample cushioned support to reduce impact on a Low Arc or Flat Foot.
- Features an Ortholite removable sock liner that ensures cushioned comfort and support.
- The Trusstic system ensure excellent support and stability for a Flat foot.
- A Thick rubber outsole for good shock absorbency and traction.
- Lightweight and breathable upper constructions with Rear foot Gel cushioning to absorb impact on the heels.
Summary Table: Best Tennis Shoes for Flat Feet
That concludes our list of the best tennis shoes for flat feet or fallen arches. Hopefully, this will aid you in finding the perfect pair of tennis shoes for your foot type, whether you are a professional tennis player or just an avid casual tennis player.
All these tennis shoes will offer you the best stability and arch support features needed to alleviate the pain and discomfort caused by flat feet so that you can perform with confidence and maximum comfort.
Table of Contents
- What is a “Flat Foot”
- Playing Tennis with Flat Feet
- What is the Best Tennis Shoe for Flat Feet
- Reviews: Top-Rated Tennis Shoes for Flat feet
- K-Swiss Women's Big Shot 2 Tennis Shoe for Flat Feet
- Asics Women's Gel Challenger 12 Tennis Shoe for Low Arches
- Prince Women's T22 Tennis Shoe for Low Arches
- Adidas Women's Barricade Tennis Shoe for Flat Feet
- New Balance Women's WC806 Stability Tennis Shoe for Flat feet
- Asics Women's Gel Game Tennis Shoe for Flat Feet
- Yonex Women's Power Cushion Eclipsion Cushioned Tennis Shoes
- Nike Women's Court Lite Lightweight Tennis Shoe for Flat Feet
- Asics Women's Gel Resolution 7 Flat feetTennis Shoe
- Asics Women's Gel Challenger Tennis Shoe for Flat Feet
- Summary Table: Best Tennis Shoes for Flat Feet