Nike has some superb shoe models and ranges that are designed especially for walking and all-day casual wear.
Likewise, most of the Nike running shoe ranges are also ideal for walking, as well as running.
What Makes Nike Walking Shoes so Different
- Uppers – Most Nike Walking shoe models have a flexible mesh and synthetic uppers, or the latest Flyknit uppers, which make them extremely lightweight and breathable. The Flexible fit conforms to the shape of your feet to give you the best and most comfortable fitting Running and walking shoe.
- Comfort – Nike shoe models for walking come with many comfort technologies such as the Plush foam cushioning in the footbed, and the moisture-wicking linings in most models that keep your feet dry and cool.
- Shock Absorbency – Nike Running and Walking shoes have some of the best available shock absorbency systems, such as the Lunarlon foam midsole, and air bubbles in some model’s midsoles.
- Outsole – The outsoles of the Nike Running and Walking shoe are from thick and durable rubber, some models offer firm support other more flexible support.
- Other Features – Some other comforts and support features include a mesh and padded tongue and collar, along with a heel clutching system for better stability and support.
Nike has provided the Lifestyle range as well as a range of running shoes to choose from that all make excellent walking shoes for everyday wear.
Nike Walking Shoes Arch Support for Your Foot Type
Nike Walking shoes offer you the best arch support that caters to the three different types of arches. Make sure to get the right walking shoe for your arch type, or opt for a walking shoe model that supports all arch types.
- Neutral Arch – This is your general and most basic arch type for which you need a good balance of stability and cushioning, along with less significant arch support. This arch type can wear almost any type of Nike Walking Shoe.
- High Arch – Although not very common, a high arch type needs some extra cushioning and higher arch support and cushioning in the forefoot and rearfoot area.
- Fat Arch Type – The Low or Flat arch is a bit more common and can lead to Overpronation and other issues. Therefore for this arch type, look for the Nike Walking shoe models with stability and motion control features along with good arch support for the lack of arch in this foot type.
Features of a Good Nike Walking Shoe
- Flyknit, or a blend of mesh and synthetic uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A Lunarlon Foam or air foam shock absorbing midsole.
- Heel crash pads or clutching system.
- Flexible rubber outsole.
- Vertical grooves on the outsole for better motion.
- Many color variations and print options to choose from.
- Padded or mesh tongue and collar.
Reviews: Top Rated Nike Walking Shoes
Here are some top choices of Nike walking shoes for every foot type;
Wide and Narrow Fit Neutral Running and Walking
The Nike Air Zoom Vomero is now even more comfortable and wraps around your foot with cozy cushioning to keep you firm and light on your feet.
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers.
- A durable rubber sole for excellent traction.
- The Flywire cables wrap around your feet to give midfoot support and a custom lockdown.
- The cushioned collar ensures a snug and comfortable fit.
- A Lunarlon foam midsole gives soft cushioning and absorbs shock.
- Available in different colors.
Walking and Running Shoe for Flat Feet
For improved stability and a smooth and stable ride, the Nike Air Zoom is one of your best bets. A modern design that is particularly beneficial for for overpronators.
- Flexible and breathable textile uppers.
- A durable rubber sole for firm grip and traction.
- The dual-density foam in the midsole with the Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot provides exceptional support and comfort.
- A decoupled crash pad gives you a smooth and supportive ride and absorbs shock.
- Available in a range of modern colors and designs.
Running and Walking Shoe for High Arches
- The uppers are from a soft and breathable mesh material.
- The rubber sole is durable and enhances grip and traction.
- The cushioned midsole gives plush comfort and excellent shock absorbency.
- The Zoom Air units aid in improving the deflection impact and also cushions the foot.
- Available in a variety of colors and designs for every preference.
Wide Width Neutral Walking Shoe
The Nike Revolution 3 is a walking shoe that is available in wider widths and precedes the revolution 2. This shoe is built for the under-pronator who requires advanced cushioning and support.
- Breathable and comfortable mixed mesh uppers with light synthetic overlays.
- High traction and durable rubber outsole.
- It provides the correct support and adequate cushioning for neutral and under-pronators.
- The lace-up closure gives you a comfortable and custom fit.
- Available in many different colors and different widths.
Cross Training Walking and Running Shoe
A lightweight and breathable walking shoe for those warm days the Nike Trainers will offer you all-day comfort and end better motion efficiency.
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers with a comfort sock liner to keep your feet dry and odor-free.
- A durable rubber outsole that aids in shock absorption and provides a good grip.
- The deep flex grooves extend to the midsole to enhance your natural range of motion.
- An inner sleeve constructed inside the uppers will give you an easier entry.
Cushioned Walking Shoe
The Downshifter from Nike offers full Cushioned support made from resilient foam, that is perfect for comfort and support when walking.
- A thick and durable, shock-absorbing, rubber outsole.
- Lace-up closure and lightweight, breathable uppers available in a few color varieties.
- Plush foam cushioning for support and comfort.
- The tongue and collar are plush and comfortable.
Walking and Training Shoe
The Flex Trainer 7 is the ideal combination of a walking and training shoe made just for women.
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers.
- Forefoot cables for a lockdown fit.
- A high traction outsole, perfect for walking and running.
- A flexible sole and a padded sandwich mesh tongue for even more ventilation.
Walking and Running Shoe
A comfortable and feminine design walking and running shoe that offers a superior customizable fit.
- Flyknit uppers with Dri-Fit fabric to wick away moisture.
- The elastic waist and draw-cord ensure a snug and customizable fit.
- Reflective strips for walking in the evenings.
- A zip pocket at the back to carry keys and money or other small items.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent traction.
Walking and Running Shoe
The Nike Tanjun is superb walking and running shoe with all the comfort and durability features that you may need.
- Leather and synthetic uppers for a comfortable and supportive fit.
- A round toe with a more roomy toe box.
- The lace-up closures ensure you have a more customizable fit.
- A Cushioned Comfort footbed that absorbs shock and provides good support.
- The tough rubber outsole ensures excellent traction on a variety of surfaces.
This is most likely the most comfortable and supportive Walking sandal that you will find, I won a pair myself, and they are great for walking all over in the summertime.
- A lightly cushioned Phylon Foam Midsole and insole for superior comfort and support.
- The rubber outsole offers high traction and excellent slip resistance.
- The soft synthetic uppers have a comfortable moisture-wicking liner.
- Available in many feminine colors and pattern options to choose from.
Index Table: Best Nike Women’s Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Nike® - Wide and Narrow Fit Neutral Running and Walking||Air Zoom Vomero 14||Air Zoom Vomero 14||Nike||97|
|2||Nike® - Walking and Running Shoe for Flat Feet||Air Zoom Structure 21||Air Zoom Structure 22||Nike||95.7|
|3||Nike® - Running and Walking Shoe for High Arches||Air Zoom 34 Pegasus||Air Zoom 34 Pegasus||Nike||95|
|4||Nike® - Wide Width Neutral Walking Shoe||Revolution 5||Revolution 5||Nike||96|
|5||Nike® - Cross Training Walking and Running Shoe||Retaliation Trainer||In Season TR 4||Nike||94|
|6||Nike® - Cushioned Walking Shoe||Downshifter 7||Downshifter 7||Nike||96|
|7||Nike® - Walking and Training Shoe||Flex Trainer 7||Flex Trainer 7||Nike||97|
|8||Nike® - Walking and Running Shoe||Free RN Flyknit||Free RN Flyknit||Nike||98|
|9||Nike® - Walking and Running Shoe||Tanjun||Tanjun||Nike||97|
|10||Nike® - Walking Sandals||Benassi||Benassi||Nike||98|
Nike is a trusted and well-known sports brand that manufactures a large variety of sports equipment and sports footwear and clothing.
Nike produces running shoes and lifestyle shoes that are all excellent choices as walking shoes as well, as they provide the necessary support for walking and running in a comfortable and durable shoe.
Nike has a variety of walking/running shoes available to suit every foot type and condition.
Table of Contents
- What Makes Nike Walking Shoes so Different
- Nike Walking Shoes Arch Support for Your Foot Type
- Features of a Good Nike Walking Shoe
- Reviews: Top Rated Nike Walking Shoes
- Wide and Narrow Fit Neutral Running and Walking
- Walking and Running Shoe for Flat Feet
- Running and Walking Shoe for High Arches
- Wide Width Neutral Walking Shoe
- Cross Training Walking and Running Shoe
- Cushioned Walking Shoe
- Walking and Training Shoe
- Walking and Running Shoe
- Walking and Running Shoe
- Walking Sandals
- Index Table: Best Nike Women’s Walking Shoes