Bunions are very painful bony bumps that develop on the outside of your big toe and, in some cases, little toes due to improperly fitting footwear and pressure.
A good pair of shoes can help prevent pressure and friction, which further aggravates bunions and prevents them from developing in the first place.
Asics have a wide range of athletic style shoes for walking, running, and other activities with a wider upper fit and flexible or smooth designed uppers, which will reduce pressure against painful Bunions.
What are Bunions and What Causes them
A Bunion is a bony bump that forms right on the joint where your big toe meets your foot, called the Metatarsophalangeal point. A Bunion develops slowly and gradually over time, becoming larger until it eventually sticks out and causes your big toe to turn in.
Smaller Bunions called Bunionettes similarly form on the outside of the little toe in the right about the same way and area as a Bunion.
Some Causes of Bunions Include
- Adoleescent Bunions – This happens very often in girls between 10 and 15 years of age, and sometimes in boys, Doctors have yet to discover precisely why, but it may have something to do with changing of shoes or genetic traits.
- Arthritis – Rheumatoid arthritis in itself is an excruciating and restricting condition that can eventually lead to Bunions as well as many other feet and lower limb conditions.
- Foot Shape – Some individuals are more prone to getting Bunions because of the way their feet are shaped and curved.
- Footwear – One of the greatest causes of Bunions, as well as so many other foot deformities and conditions, is directly related to the type and condition of your footwear. Shoes that squeeze your forefoot and place pressure on your toes and joints will eventually cause Bunions or other foot issues. Narrow shoes, pointy toes, and high heels are all culprits in the cause of Bunions.
Treating and Perenting Bunions
- Ice – Ice can be applied to painful and inflamed Bunions to soothe the pain and reduce swelling.
- Medication – Anti-Inflammatory medicatiosn and pain medication have been proven effective for pain and inflammation in Bunions.
- Pads and Inserts – You can use pads to tape up sore Bunions to reduce pressure from shoes, and shoe inserts can be used to lessen the impact on Bunions.
- Proper Footwear – The right footwear with a wide-width design and comfortable and flexible upper design does not pressure your forefoot and toes, along with good cushioning and shock absorbency features, is your best bet in footwear.
Features of a Good Asics Shoe for Bunions
- Uppers – Soft and flexible uppers made from mesh with leather inserts for structural stability. Smooth interior linings that will not cause friction or irritation.
- Support and Cushioning – Goga Mat and Max technology for energy return, cushioning, and shock absorbency. Memory foam or foam, or air-cooled foam insole for cushioning and cooling. Heel clutching system for better stability. Trusstic and Guidance systems that enhance your gait efficiency when walking or running. Gel Forefoot and Rearfoot cushioning or Gel Rearfoot cushioning only provides cushioning and shock absorbency in the areas where there is the most impact felt.
- Outsole – A durable rubber outsole with a tread for trail walking and running, or a general patterner high traction tread. High abrasion rubber is used in some AHAR rubber outsoles that resist abrasion and are designed to reinforce the toe and heel area further.
Reviews: The Best Asics Shoes for Bunions
Some excellent Asics models shoe that are ideal to accommodate and relieve the painful symtpoms of Bunions;
One of the Best Walking Shoe Models for Asics suffers from Bunions and other upper foot deformities or conditions.
- Soft mesh and synthetic leather uppers that are flexible and highly breathable.
- The solid rubber outsole ensures good grip and traction and excellent shock absorbency.
- Inside is the ComforDry Technology that keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day.
- There are reflective details on the uppers if you enjoy a walk or run at night time.
- The uppers also feature reflective detail for more visibility at night.
- Front and the rearfoot gel have been placed in the midsole to reduce shock during impact and give added support.
- Available in four color options to choose from.
The Asics Gel Contend has a wide-width design ideal for Bunions and foot deformities, or even for swollen feet.
- Soft and breathable textile and synthetic uppers for a superior fit that is available in wider width options.
- The tongue and collar are padded for a snug and cushioned fit, and there is Gel cushioning to ensure luxurious comfort.
- The removable sock liner allows you to use your own orthotic devices.
- The shoe likewise has reflective details and a gloss finish on the uppers for better visibility and stylish fashionability.
The Asics Gel Kayano has a seamless interior construction and a comfortable fit, ideal for preventing pressure and friction against painful Bunions.
- Smooth and flexible uppers with a Seamless interior for less friction and irritation.
- Gel forefoot and rearfoot cushioning to attenuate shock in the high impact areas better.
- A SPEVA Foam midsole for cushioned comfort and a moisture-wicking insole.
- The durable AHAR rubber outsole henceforth offers superb traction and grip.
The Gel-Nimbus is another extremely comfortable range in the Asics athletic shoe models; this one offers the ideal fit for painful Bunions and foot conditions.
- Ensures excellent shock absorption with the GEL-Cushioning technology.
- The innovative stabilizing Heel Clutching System ensures better stability and a secure fit.
- Superb Rearfoot and Forefoot arch support for moderate to severe under-pronators.
- A lightweight yet sturdy sho with a cloudlike comfortable fit.
- This shoe combines both FluidFit and FluidRide technologies resulting in a very comfortable shoe that will adapt to the shape and movement of your feet gently without pressure.
The GT-2000 9 from Asics is a not-so-well-known model, yet it has so many superb features to accommodate feet of all shapes, sizes, and conditions for running and walking.
- Durable and lightweight synthetic uppers that are soft and comfortable against your skin.
- A DuoMax support system for better stability in the midsole and Rearfoot Gel cushioning attenuates shock.
- The SPEVA Midsole foam ensures better cushioning and shock absorbency and is very lightweight.
- This shoe is designed on a wider last for wider feet, ideal if you have bunions.
- The outsole consists of durable patterned rubber for a better grip.
The Patriot 10 from Asics has an Amplified foam midsole, and EVA cushioned sock liner for the best cushioning and shock absorbency, which means less pressure on painful Bunions and feet.
- Soft fabric uppers with smooth linings for less irritation.
- An Amplified foam midsole, has a much sifter density and is more durable.
- The tongue and collar are padded for comfort, and there is a Cushioned EVA sock liner provides soft cushioning and shock absorbency.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
The Asics Gel Quantum 90 has flexible and seamless uppers and wider width options, ideal for Bunions.
- The Seamless textile uppers are flexible, reduce pressure and friction, which helps with Bunions.
- You can get the Gel-Quantum 90 in wider width options to accommodate Bunions and swelling.
- There is a comfortable Ortholite Impressions cushioned and moisture managing sock liner.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL offers excellent shock absorbency.
- Furthermore, you can enjoy high traction with a durable rubber outsole.
A great running shoe for Bunions is the Asics Gel Excite 7.
- There are Jacquard mesh uppers with Multidirectional mesh for ventilation and an improved stability fit.
- An Amplifoam midsole and Ortholite Cushi9oned insole ensure a soft and shock-absorbing platform for less pressure.
- The rubber outsole is durable and offers excellent traction.
- You can so choose your favorite color from a few selections.
The Asics Gel Venture is an excellent Running and Walking shoe for persons who have painful Bunions.
- There are fabric and synthetic upper as well as wider width options available.
- An Ortholite Sockliner manages moisture and ensures underfoot cushioning and comfort.
- The Gel cushioning in the Rearfoot area reduces shock on impact and cushions each step.
- There is also a high traction durable outsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Asics Shoes for Bunions
|1||Asics Women's Gel Cumulus 23 - Bunion Walking Shoe||Asics||98.6|
|2||Asics Women's Gel Contend 7 - Wide Width Running Shoe for Bunions||Asics||98|
|3||Asics Women's Gel Kayano 28 - Bunion Walking Shoes||Asics||97|
|4||Asics Women's GEL-Nimbus 23 - Walking Shoes with FluidFit for Bunions||Asics||97|
|5||Asics Women's GT-2000 9 - Shoe for Bunions||Asics||97|
|6||Asics Women's Patriot 10 - Running Shoe for Bunions||Asics||95|
|7||Asics Women's Gel-Quantum 90 - Running Shoes for Bunions||Asics||97|
|8||Asics Women's Gel Excite 8 - Cushioned Knee Pain Shoe||Asics||97.7|
|9||Asics Women's Gel-Venture 8 - Wider Width Bunion Athletic Shoe||Asics||97.8|
Table of Contents
- What are Bunions and What Causes them
- Treating and Perenting Bunions
- Features of a Good Asics Shoe for Bunions
- Reviews: The Best Asics Shoes for Bunions
- Asics® Women's Gel Cumulus 23 Bunion Walking Shoe
- Asics® Women's Gel Contend 7 Wide Width Running Shoe for Bunions
- Asics® Women's Gel Kayano 28 Bunion Walking Shoes
- Asics® Women's GEL-Nimbus 23 Walking Shoes with FluidFit for Bunions
- Asics® Women's GT-2000 9 Shoe for Bunions
- Asics® Women's Patriot 10 Running Shoe for Bunions
- Asics® Women's Gel-Quantum 90 Running Shoes for Bunions
- Asics® Women's Gel Excite 8 Cushioned Knee Pain Shoe
- Asics® Women's Gel-Venture 8 Wider Width Bunion Athletic Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Asics Shoes for Bunions