When you get older, you are at a higher risk of developing a condition called Arthritis.
Arthritis is a general term used for a group of over 100 conditions.
Osteoarthritis (the most common Arthritis) is caused by wear and tear and can result in pain and swelling as well as deformities that affect your feet and ankles.
Arthritis’s best shoes are the ones that have a low heel with a wide toe box, rubber sole, and some stability features in them.
Wearing this type of shoe can prevent arthritis symptoms in your feet and help relieve these symptoms already present.
Why do you Need Specific Shoes for Arthritis
Arthritis in any form is inflammation and swelling in and around your body’s joints and surrounding soft tissue.
The inflammation caused by arthritis can result in pain and stiffness in your body’s joints; Osteoarthritis is inflammation causing pain and stiffness in your foot and ankle joints mostly.
- Stiffness in The Joints – One of the main characteristics of arthritis is stiffness in the joints, which may occur in your feet, knees, and ankles. Arthritis’s proper shoe will enable you to move and function throughout this issue comfortably and with less damaging effects.
- Pain and Inflammation – Arthritic feet may be painful, and you may have inflamed joints in the feet, knees, and ankles, which can significantly be soothed by a comfortable and cushioned shoe. The cushioning in most shoes for Arthritic feet reduces shock and impact on painful joints, allowing them to heal faster and reduce overall pain.
- Foot Deformities – Arthritis in the feet may lead to foot deformities such as Bunions, Calluses, and hammertoes, which can cause much pain and discomfort. An arthritic shoe with a wider toe box or more flexible and accommodating design will reduce pressure and friction on these painful areas.
How Arthritis Affect your Feet and Ankles
When you stand, walk or run your feet and ankles, provide support, shock absorption, balance, and many other functions required for motion.
You have many bones and joints in your feet and ankles that allow for a wide range of movements; these bones are also covered with a slippery substance called articular cartilage, allowing them to slide smoothly over each other with movement.
Ligaments, muscles, and tendons all keep your joints and bones in place.
Arthritis damage and slow deterioration are caused to the cartilage, joints, and soft tissue in your feet.
This damage, in turn, can severely inhibit the functions that all these parts need to perform, which in the end, can make walking, standing, and running very painful, as well as limit your motion functionality.
Features of a Good Shoe for Arthritic Feet
- No Heels – Heels may look stunning, but they are by no means good for your feet in any scenario, particularly pointy heels.
- No Pointy Shoes – Tight flats can cause just as much damage because they do not provide any support or shock absorption. Stay clear of shoes with pointy and narrow toes because they can create conditions such as hammertoe.
- Low and comfortable heels – are the way to go; make sure that the heel is thick and the shoe has a natural angle when you put your foot into it.
- Rubber Soles – Are an excellent feature to look for because they provide shock absorption and prevent you from slipping.
- Wider Toe Box – Giving your feet plenty of movement space is also ideal for the right shoe for arthritis.
- Stability Shoes – They are well cushioned and perfect the foot from rolling inward; they also absorb shock. Stability shoes are fantastic for people who have arthritis in their hips, feet, and ankles but should be avoided by individuals with arthritis of the knee.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Arthritis
Here are a few selections of shoes that will provide you with the best comfort and support if you have arthritis;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Wide-Width Walking Shoe for Arthritis
- This shoe has a wider fit and many other comforts and support features for people suffering from foot conditions.
- The uppers are flexible and soft, as well as perforated for better breathability.
- A brushed Nylon lining keeps your feet dry and comfortable.
- A heel counter, as well as padded tongue and collar, ensures firm support and comfort.
- The EVA midsole and PU insole ensure all-day cushioned comfort and reduce strain on the feet.
- A slip-resistant rubber outsole will keep you firmly on your feet on any floor surface.
Running Shoe for Arthritis and Underpronators
- Soft mesh uppers that do not put any pressure on the feet.
- A rubber sole with Omega Flex grooves for natural forefoot movement and fluidity and superior grip on many surfaces.
- It comes with a removable foam insole for lightweight under sole cushioning.
- The BioMoGo DNA technology used in this shoe is a blend of BioMoGo earth-friendly and responsive Brooks DNA gender2-friendly cushioning.
- A full-length S-257 Cushsole midsole compound is utilizing an insole board for better cushioning and flexibility.
- The heel crash pad absorbs shock and ensures smoother transitions.
- Available in three different colors.
Wedge Summer Sandal
- Premium tumbled or metallic leather uppers with stud detail.
- The egg crate SoftWalk mini-mogul EVA footbed ensures signature comfort and support.
- A breathable shoe for hours of effortless wear.
- A lightweight polyurethane sole for exceptional flexibility and grip.
- Adjustable ankle straps for a more comfortable and stylish fit.
- A variety of beautiful color designs available.
- For men, the Nike Benassi is an easy slide on and of sandal with a wide toe area and cushioning.
Orthopedic Arthritis Shoes
- Non-Binding full-grain leather uppers with a soft and smooth fabric lining and foam padding eliminate pressure points and improve comfort and protection for people with rheumatoid arthritis and sensitive feet.
- An extra depth design and roomy toe box to eliminate pressure on hammertoes and bunions.
- A multi-layered, removable orthotic insole with anatomical arch support and a gel-padded heel seat to reduce pain related to many foot conditions and symptoms of arthritis.
- A natural gait and lightweight, a cushioning midsole with Ergonomic-Stride technology to soften each step, facilitate foot movement, and reduce stress on the feet and joints.
- Available in Wide and Extra-Wide options.
- It is precisely engineered to reduce pain and symptoms related to arthritis, pronation, Plantar Fascitis, Neuroma, Bunions, corn, Hammertoes, and sensitive feet.
- Available in black and eggshell white colors.
Orthotic Friendly Arthritis Sandal
- Smooth leather uppers with a soft and silky leather lining that is gentle on your feet.
- Adjustable instep entry straps with a Velcro hook and loop closure for easy wearing and a comfortable, customized fit.
- A removable ULTRON memory foam cushioned insole for exceptional comfort.
- A supportive steel shank adds stability.
- Available in four vintage colors.
Mary Jane for Arthritis and Wide Feet
- The uppers are soft and breathable leather and mesh.
- The Polyurethane outsole is lightweight and flexible.
- A tempered steel shank adds durability and excellent arch support.
- The removable polyurethane insoles allow you to use your own orthotics.
- The suede counter pocket will reduce the heel’s slippage, and the firm heel counter gives better rearfoot stability.
- A Dri-Lex Bamboo lining will wick away moisture and improve dryness.
- Available in many vibrant colors.
- This shoe is designed particularly for those who have Diabetes, Neuropathy, Arthritis, Sensitive, and Wide feet.
Orthopedic Arthritis Sandal
- Soft and comfortable three-point adjustable straps reduce pressure points.
- A premium leather uppers design with stitch details design patterns.
- The removable footbed is cushioned for support and shock absorbency.
- Available in larger sizes and wider widths.
- A slip resistant durable rubber outsole.
Slip On Walking Shoe for Arthritis
- Fabric uppers that are light, breathable, and flexible to accommodate arthritic feet.
- A removable cushioned insole for comfort and versatility.
- The rubber outsole is Lightweight and Flexible.
Orthopedic Arthritis Shoe
- A premium Orthotic Insole provides anatomical arch support, and enhances comfort.
- The Ortho–Cushion system, has a bio-mechanical design and extra cushioning.
- A non-binding and extra depth design to accommodate all foot conditions.
- Breathable upper design with an adjustable lacing system for a secure and comfortable fit.
Arthritis Heeled Dress Shoe
- Features Soft and supple leather uppers with a seamless non–binding design.
- Extra depth and wider width options available,to accommodate arthritic foot conditions.
- A cushioned and supportive removable insert, allowing you to use your own orthotics.
- Durable slip-resistant outsole.
- The Cindee is available in a black or brown color variety.
Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
- Breathable synthetic mesh uppers and a durable rubber outsole.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning and a Guidance Line midsole technology design.
- The Aplifoam in the midsole is lightweight and offers excellent cushioning.
- Inside is a cushioned and moisture managing Ortholite Sockliner.
Wide Width Arthritis Shoes
- Sporty style that is available in wider width selections.
- Smooth and flat knit mesh uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A durable and flexible sole with a rubber outsole.
- Inside is a plush and comfortable memory foam insole.
Arthritis Work Shoe
- Both shoes feature an extra depth design, along with availability in wider widths and a seam-free interior to accommodate foot conditions such as bunions hammertoes related to arthritis.
- An Orthopedic comfort and support shoe ideal for hip, back, and knee pain along with conditions such as Neuropathy and Diabetes or Arthritis.
- Inside is a lightweight and cushioned Ergonomically designed and air-cushioned insole and midsole for shock absorbency and support.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent grip even on outdoor slippery surfaces.
- The straps on these shoes offer an adjustable fit, and they are available in wider width selections.
Running and Walking Shoe for Arthritis
- The upper is flexible and soft, with a roomy toe box and wider widths available.
- There is a molded heel counter for a secure fit and Hypoknit upper.
- The Blown Rubber Outsole and Fresh foam offer plush cushioning and support.
- Some color options are also available.
Slip On Shoes for Arthritic Feet
- The Mesh Upper is soft and breathable.
- There are extended sizes and wider widths available in this range.
- TheOrtholite Antimicrobial Sockliner means you need no socks with these shoes.
- There are a Resalyte shock absorbing midsole and a durable rubber outsole.
- Plenty of color options are available for ladies and a few for men.
Arthritis Casual Sneaker Shoe
- The Upper consist of premium leather and a textile lining for comfort,
- There is a comfortable Ortholite footbed, an EVA midsole and, a durable rubber outsole.
- Both shoes have a lace-up closure and roomy fit.
- Furthermore, there are some color and width options available.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Arthritis
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Propet® - Wide-Width Walking Shoe for Arthritis||Stability Walker||Stability Walker||Propet||98.3|
|2||Brooks® - Running Shoe for Arthritis and Underpronators||Dyad 11||Dyad 11||Brooks||96|
|3||Nike® - Wedge Summer Sandal||Benassi||Taft||Nike||94|
|4||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Arthritis Shoes||Broadway||Celina||Orthofeet||98|
|5||Drew® - Orthotic Friendly Arthritis Sandal||Warren||Slides||Drew||94|
|6||Drew® - Mary Jane for Arthritis and Wide Feet||Aaron||Delite||Drew||95|
|7||Drew Shoes® - Orthopedic Arthritis Sandal||Barcelona||Olympia||Drew Shoes||98|
|8||Propet® - Slip On Walking Shoe for Arthritis||Stability||Travelactiv||Propet||98|
|9||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Arthritis Shoe||Lava||Coral||Orthofeet||99|
|10||Dr. Comfort® - Arthritis Heeled Dress Shoe||Chestnut||Cindee||Dr. Comfort||98|
|11||Asics® - Plantar Fasciitis Shoes||Gel Pulse 12||Gel Pulse 12||Asics||98|
|12||Skechers® - Wide Width Arthritis Shoes||Summits||Summits||Skechers||97|
|13||Orthofeet® - Arthritis Work Shoe||Melbourne||Athens||Orthofeet||97|
|14||New Balance® - Running and Walking Shoe for Arthritis||880V10||880V10||New Balance||97.8|
|15||Skechers® - Slip On Shoes for Arthritic Feet||Performance Go Walk Slip On||Performance Go Walk||Skechers||97.8|
|16||Clarks® - Arthritis Casual Sneaker Shoe||Cotrell Lane||Un-Adorn||Clarks||97.8|
Table of Contents
- Why do you Need Specific Shoes for Arthritis
- How Arthritis Affect your Feet and Ankles
- Features of a Good Shoe for Arthritic Feet
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Arthritis
- Wide-Width Walking Shoe for Arthritis
- Running Shoe for Arthritis and Underpronators
- Wedge Summer Sandal
- Orthopedic Arthritis Shoes
- Orthotic Friendly Arthritis Sandal
- Mary Jane for Arthritis and Wide Feet
- Orthopedic Arthritis Sandal
- Slip On Walking Shoe for Arthritis
- Orthopedic Arthritis Shoe
- Arthritis Heeled Dress Shoe
- Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
- Wide Width Arthritis Shoes
- Arthritis Work Shoe
- Running and Walking Shoe for Arthritis
- Slip On Shoes for Arthritic Feet
- Arthritis Casual Sneaker Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Arthritis