Slip and Falls are one of the main injury causes in the workplace. If you work in an environment where the floors can become wet, greasy or slippery from other causes such as dust and powders, it is well advised to invest in a pair of slip resistant work shoes.
Index Table – Slip Resistant Work Shoes for Women
|1||Klogs Women's Harley - Slip resistant Comfort Work Mule||Klogs||95|
|2||Alegria Women's Paloma - Cute Rocker Bottom Slip Resistant Flats||Alegria||97|
|3||Skechers Women's Work SoftStride - Slip Resistant Work Shoes||Skechers||97|
|4||Crocs Women's Patricia - Mini Wedge Slip Resistant Sandal||Crocs||95|
|5||Merrell Women's Jungle Studio - Slip Resistant Moc Pro Work Shoe||Merrell||96|
Injuries caused by Slips and Falls
Less severe injuries such as bruises and superficial scrapes can result from falling when you slip. More severe injuries such as broken bones, dislocated limbs and damage or injury to joints are also a risk of falling. The most serious being death, if you land on your head or neck wrongly a fall from a slip can cause instant death to mention falling on a sharp object or knocking your head very hard.
Occupations that involve Slippery Floor Surfaces
Many occupations involve slippery floors. In the food and hospitality industry, particularly in the kitchen, you will deal with wet and oily floors, the bathroom floors may also be wet and can cause slips. Hospital floors are very slippery, and nurses, doctors, and even janitors stand the risk of falling on a slippery floor that is caused by wetness, bodily fluids such as blood and urine amongst other causes. Certain industrial occupations where there are dust and oil on the floors or even water and cement can also be considered as slip hazardous. Gym floors especially when there is a pool also pose a large slip and fall hazard because of the constant wet floors particularly in the changing rooms and bathrooms.
How to Check if a Shoe is Slip Resistant
When you look at the outsole of a shoe, make sure that the treaded patterns are smaller and closer together to provide the maximum amount of slip resistance. A softer and more flexible sole also provides better slip resistance that a hard and stiff sole. The best slip resistant material on any outsole is of course rubber. You can test the slip resistance of your shoes by using oil and slip on a slippery surface along with some water, just be careful not when doing this test as it can be quite dangerous
Features of a Slip Resistant Outsole
- The outsole is softer and more flexible.
- A rubber made outsole is your best bet.
- An enclosed or interlocked tread pattern that does not trap liquid.
- More surface contact with the tread.
Slip Resistant Women’s Work Shoes Reviews
We have found a few excellent shoes that will provide all day comfort and support for a long day on your feet as well as complete slip resistance;
The Klogs Harley is so comfortable it will feel like you are walking barefoot. You can trust this shoe for complete slip resistance on all day confidence.
- The closed-back clog is made from soft and supple leather that has dual elastic goring to give you a more flexible and comfortable fit for all-day wear and easy movement.
- The removable Komfort insole provides exceptional arch support as well as superior antimicrobial protection and odor reduction for a healthy and fresh interior.
- A non-marking polyurethane outsole is durable and slips –resistance with some great shock absorbing capabilities.
- A comfortable slip on shoe that is perfect for work on a slippery floor surface.
- Available in neutral browns and black colors.
- Printed leather uppers for a fun and trendy appearance.
- A removable footbed and leather insole that is naturally breathable and reduces sweating.
- The footbed is also anatomically correct for lasting comfort and support.
- The rocker outsole encourages proper posture and allows more natural gait while reducing pain in the heel and forefoot.
- The outsole is BottomFlat stable outsole that will maximize contact with the floor to prevent slips and improve stability.
- A massive variety of colors and designs available.
- Lace up soft and flexible leather uppers with a padded tongue and collar for a snug fit and perforated accents on the sides for breathability.
- A removable, comfortable PU insole provides all-day comfort and support.
- This shoe is OSHA slip resistant compliant for the best possible comfort and protection.
- Durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole for the best grip on the slipperiest floor surfaces.
- Available in black and white.
- Made from Croslite material that is lightweight, waterproof, flexible and comfortable with a criss-cross strap.
- A well-cushioned footbed for all-day comfort and support.
- The rubber outsole is slip resistant and will provide all day protection against slips and falls and keep you steady in warm weather.
- Feminine, cool and lightweight for a comfortable and relaxing walking experience.
- Durable and comfortable nubuck leather uppers with a breathable mesh lining to keep you cool and comfortable.
- The EVA removable footbed provides comfortable and supportive cushioning for the feet.
- The popular Merrell air cushion in the heel improves stability and aids in absorbing shock.
- A SureGrip rubber outsole that is slip resistant will keep you safe and secure on your feet.
- Available in black and brown.
Staying safe in the workplace is one of the most important aspects of your career. If you work in an environment where there are slippery floor surfaces or even the chance of wetness or any other cause that may render the floor surfaces a slip and fall hazard you should make sure have to slip resistant footwear. It is also advised to look at oil resistance along with slip resistance especially for floors that can become greasy or oily such as that of a restaurant, kitchen or industrial environment. The right pair of shoes will not only provide you with maximum comfort and support but will also protect you against work hazards.
Table of Contents
- Index Table – Slip Resistant Work Shoes for Women
- Injuries caused by Slips and Falls
- Occupations that involve Slippery Floor Surfaces
- How to Check if a Shoe is Slip Resistant
- Features of a Slip Resistant Outsole
- Slip Resistant Women’s Work Shoes Reviews