Summer is the time for rooting to the back of your closet and digging out those favorite sandals allowing your feet to breathe and your toes more freedom and air after the long months of winter.
Unfortunately, with summer and sandals come blisters, raw skin, and aching arches.
Sandals are fun and fashionable but offer little or no comfort and support in general.
Luckily many stunning sandals in every style and color also provide comfort, support, and cushioning.
The Pros and Cons of Sandals
There are a few pros and Cons to Wearing Sandals;
- – Pros – Sandals allow your feet to breathe and keep them dry and cool in the hot summer months. Sandals are also a great option to help reduce pressure on painful bunions, hammertoes, or ingrown toenails and help prevent these conditions. You can easily slip a sandal on and off, so it is a great option if you need to go outside quickly or need something to wear at the gym after showering. Sandals are convenient leisure shoes and come in fashionable designs to be worn as dress shoes or work shoes.
- Cons – A sandal’s drawbacks are that they usually offer poor foot support and comfort and do not provide much protection. You can easily trip and fall with a sandal or obtain an injury from dropping a heavy object on your toes.
The Need for Good Arch Support Explained
Your foot’s arch is one of the most important structural features that bear much stress and weight as you walk or run.
Your arches absorb the brunt of pressure exerted on your feet from your body with every step that you take.
A properly supported arch will prevent many musculoskeletal and foot conditions and issues that may lead to inactivity or disability.
The type of arch support you require depends on your arch type; if you have a low, neutral, or high arch and under pronate or overpronate.
Features of a Good Sandal with Arch Support
- Insole – A cushioned or supportive insole.
- Uppers – Soft and comfortable uppers that do not irritate your feet or cause blisters.
- Outsole – A durable and thick outsole that offers good grip and some shock absorption.
- Fleixbility – Flexibility in the ball of the foot area of the sole.
- Midsole – A comfortable and supportive foam midsole.
Reviews: Sandals with Good Arch Support
Here are some stylish and comfortable sandals that also provide excellent arch support;1
The Birkenstock Arizona is a comfortable and supportive casual sandal that features the original Birkenstock cork midsole and soft footbed.
- The classic Birkenstock shape allows even distribution of your body weight over the entire foot for the best support and comfort.
- The EVA midsole provides exceptional all-day comfort and stability.
- A textured durable outsole provides impressive traction capabilities.
- The anatomically shaped soft and plush footbed delivers luxurious comfort and support.
- The uppers of Arizona by Birkenstock are manufactured from soft and comfortable leather with buckles for an adjustable fit.
- The Birkenstock Arizona is available in various colors for every taste and preference.
The Keen Clearwater CNX is a Fisherman’s sandal that provides good ankle support and a durable grip for a flexible and comfortable sandal. A perfect sandal for outdoor adventures.
- Textile and synthetic uppers are flexible and water-friendly with a closed rubber toe for added protection.
- For an even better and more secure fit, the Ghillie lacing system and Quick-adjust bungee cord are adjustable and comfortable.
- An AEGIS microbe shield and hydrophobic mesh lining keep your feet dry and odor-free.
- The non-marking outsole has razor siping for excellent traction and durability.
- The Keen Clearwater CNX is available in many color options.
Vionic is a well-known brand name in comfortable and supportive sandals; the Lizbeth is a smart casual sandal in the Vionic range, perfect for more formal occasions and professional environments.
- Leather uppers with stylish and decorative metal accents for added appeal.
- Adjustable buckle closure at the heel strap allows you a more customized fit.
- The EVA footbed provides cushioned comfort and support.
- A durable outsole with a patterned tread prevents slips and falls on many surface areas.
LifeStride will cover you with the most current looks and styles in the most comfortable footwear.
The LifeStride Notify is an arch supporting Wedge heel sandal comfortable and stylish for more formal wear.
- A soft and cushioned insole for exceptional comfort and support.
- The soft uppers look good and have smooth linings that are non-irritating to the feet.
- The now is flexible and extremely comfortable to wear.
- The Wedge sole provides added shock absorption, and the outsole is durable, providing a good grip.
The Vionic Shore Slide ensures a combination of gilded style and casual everyday wear comfort with an easy fit.
- Durable and flexible leather uppers with a microfiber-covered footbed ensure dry comfort and support.
- The lightweight and flexible EVA midsole absorb shock, reducing strain on your feet, knees, and ankles.
- The famous Orthaheel technology in the is biomechanically designed to provide arch hugging comfort and support.
- The built-in orthotic technology of Vionic sandals is effective in treating pain and discomfort associated with foot conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spurs.
- The Vionic Shore Slide has a durable rubber outsole and is available in four different color options.
A classic and stylish-looking Thong sandal for all occasions, with a comfortable and supportive footbed.
- The Molded anatomical Foot bed ensures optimal comfort and support for your arch.
- A tough and high traction rubber outsole.
- Soft leather upper construction and a breathable microfiber lining.
- More formal and elegant design for all occasions.
The Skechers Reggae Zig is comfortable and sporty style sandals for everyday wear.
- A Flexible and high traction Rubber Outsole.
- The foot bed is Contoured and Cushioned, for comfort.
- A lightweight and shock absorbing midsole and an adjustable hook and loop closure.
- Available in many funky patterns to decide on.
Birkenstock is well known for its superb shock-absorbing and supportive Cork footbed and contoured design, offering excellent arch support.
- The Cork contoured footbed offers excellent arch support along with a Birko-Flor fabric lining to keep your feet dry.
- Stunning leather uppers construction in a feminine color.
- A smooth toe post with adjustable straps for a secure fit.
- Well ventilating and a high grip outsole.
A lightweight and stylish sandal that offers you excellent arch support and cushioning.
- Crocs are made with soft cushioned Crosslite, material and have a contoured footbed design that Offers excellent arch support.
- A breathable and soft shoe perfect for hot summers with ventilation holes to keep your feet dry.
- A slip-resistant and durable outsole and extremely lightweight construction.
The Delana Venna is a Flatform Sandal that offers all-day comfort and support, along with an elegant style.
- Full-grain leather uppers are available in a few color variations.
- A cushioned insole for support and comfort.
- The rubber outsole is flexible and offers good traction.
- A slight Flatform style for stability.
Sandals have developed quite a bad reputation as being uncomfortable and unsupportive. Still, when properly constructed using high-quality materials and orthopedic design, they can be just as comfortable and supportive as other health and therapeutic shoes.
There are many casual and dress style options in sandals to choose from, all providing good support, comfort, and durability.
The lack of arch support in a sandal is one of the key issues.
A good sandal that is durable, well-cushioned, and provides optimal shock absorption, as well as heel and arch support, will help keep your joints and muscles stress-free and healthy and prevent many foot conditions.
The right pair of healthy and arch-supportive sandals will create the ultimate feeling of comfort and refreshing wind on your feet.
Summary Table: Top Sandals with Good Arch Support
Table of Contents
- The Pros and Cons of Sandals
- The Need for Good Arch Support Explained
- Features of a Good Sandal with Arch Support
- Reviews: Sandals with Good Arch Support
- Birkenstock® Women's Arizona Soft Footbed arch Supportive Sandal
- Keen® Women's Clearwater CNX Fishermans Arch Support Sandal
- Vionic® Women's Kirra Arch Support Smart Casual Sandal
- LifeStride® Women's Mexico Arch Supporting Wedge Heel Sandal
- Vionic® Women's Shore Slide Leather Arch Support Sandals
- Rockport® Women's Ridge Sling Arch Supportive Thong Sandal
- Skechers® Women's Reggae--Zig Comfortable Sporty Sandals
- Birkenstock® Women's Gizeh Comfortable Sandals
- Crocs® Women's Patricia Mini Wedge Slip Resistant Sandal
- Clarks® Women's Delana Venna Comfortable Flatform Sandal for Work
- Summary Table: Top Sandals with Good Arch Support