Walking is a healthy and very easy form of exercise and recreational hobby that requires no equipment or fancy sports gear to do.
Walking has so many health benefits, and all that you need is a good pair of walking shoes.
Why Do You need Walking Shoes
Walking is a fun and easy way of exercising, and relaxing. Similar to running walking also has its impact on your feet and lower body, as well as the hips and lower back. Walking on hard surfaces particularly can cause much tension and strain on your body, and therefore a good pair of walking shoes are ideal.
Besides this there are a few reasons why good walking shoes come in handy;
- Shock Absorbency – Good walking shoes have shock-absorbing technology that protects your feet, particularly the heel and the ball fo the foot against impact, reducing strain on your feet, lower joints, back and hips and in return preventing pain and fatigue.
Cushioning – Cushioning in the midsole and insole not only provides comfort and reduces foot fatigue but it likewise also absorbs impact.
Support – Good arch support for your foot type, and features such as motion control and stability, will help to prevent excessive pronation, and provide you with effective support for your specific foot type.
Under Foot Protection – A good walking shoe has a durable and usually abrasion resistant, thick rubber outsole which protects your feet against hard surfaces, sharp objects, and impacts.
Cooling and Breathability – The uppers fo most walking shoes are designed to give a comfortable and flexible fit that contours to your foot shape, and is usually made from highly breathable materials to keep your feet cool and dry.
Slip Resistance – The outsole of most walking shoes is usually made from rubber with a lug or pattern tread designed to offer better grip and traction on different terrain, which in turn prevents instability and slips and falls.
What To Look For in a Good Walking Shoe
When choosing the right walking shoe, keep these three main characteristics in mind; FIT, FLAT, FLEX. Any good walking shoe needs to be reasonably flexible, offer a snug fit, and have a flat sole.
- Fit – Your walking shoe needs to be big enough as to not squeeze your feet, yet small enough as to not slip and cause chafing and irritation. A roomy toe are is likewise a good idea, where you can easily spread out your toes.
Support – The right support for your arch type is key, for a low arch and in individuals who overpronate or under pronate stability features are necessary along with motion control features, where there are a bit less flexibility and a firmer heel counter and contoured design to prevent excessive pronation. A High arch needs good cushioning, where a neutral arch needs balanced support features and less cushioning.
Breathability – Any good walking shoe should be able;e to breathe to keep your feet cool and well ventilated. Mesh insets or mesh uppers can help with this.
Flex – A Good Walking shoe needs flexibility in the sole and the upper construction for easy movement and to allow your foot more natural motion.
Flat – Unlike with running for walking you should steer away from heel counters and heel raises or drops. A flat uniform sole is very important on a walking shoe
- Tread – The tread on your walking shoe needs to provide good traction and grip depending on the terrain where you will be walking on.
Cushioning – Last but not least, cushioning provides comfort and helps to attenuate shock on impact, make sure that you have the right amount of cushioning for your specific arch type.
Features of a Good Skechers Walking Shoe
- Breathable synthetic can mesh, or knit mesh fabric uppers.
- A memory foam, Air Cooled Gel Memory Foam, or 5GEN high rebound cushioned insole or footbed for comfort and shock absorbency.
- Shock absorbing midsole.
- Durable rubber outsole with a high traction tread.
- Snug and comfortable adaptable fit.
- Slip on or lace up design.
- Smooth moisture-wicking interior linings.
- Goga Max technology with High rebound Insole.
- Air Cooled or regular Memory Foam footbed.
- Ait Cooled Goga Mat technology.
- 5gen cushioning system.
- Rubber outsole.
- Breathable mesh, synthetic or knit uppers.
- Arch Support.
Reviews: The Best Skechers Walking Shoes Models
Slip On Walking Shoe
The Skechers Go walk Lightweight Slip-on Shoe is ideal for walking, or everyday casual wear.
- Very lightweight and flexible design.
- Soft and breathable mesh uppers with an easy slip on style.
- Available in a few color options to choose from.
- There are heel overlays for stability and protection in the heel area.
- A dual-density shock absorbing midsole and high traction rubber outsole.
- A Cooled Goga Mat foam insole for cushioning and comfort.
- There is additional cushioning for better shock absorbency in the heel area.
Flexible Stability Walking Shoes
The Go Train training and Walking Shoe is a versatile athletic shoe for running, walking and even cross-training.
- Perfect for Overpronation and flat feet with extra cushioning and stability features.
- Synthetic leather and mesh uppers and smooth linings.
- A shock absorbing and maximum stability midsole.
- Comfortable lightweight 5GEN cushioning system.
- Durable and high traction outsole.
Cooling Walking Shoes
The Skechers Go Walk 5 is the latest in their Go Walk range with a durable and high traction walking shoe that has cooling technology.
- Flexible and durable synthetic and mesh uppers with a breathable design.
- A dual density stability and shock absorbing midsole and responsive Ultra Go Cushioning.
- Inside is an Air Cooled Goga Mat insole for cooling comfort and cushioning.
- The rubber outsole offers excellent traction on multiple surfaces.
Outdoor Walking Shoes
This is an outdoor walking and hiking boot model from Skechers for outdoor walks on rough terrain and in colder weather conditions.
- A relaxed fit with water resistant uppers and a black or brown color option to choose from.
- Inside is GoTHerm 360 thermal insulation to keep your feet warm, and a moisture wicking interior lining.
- Goga Plus comfort and stability technology for better balance on uneven terrain.
- A trail specific durable rubber outsole and a memory foam comfort insole.
Energy Return Walking Shoe
The Go walk evolution takes your walking experience to the next level, with High rebound and energy return technology.
- Very lightweight and flexible uppers.
- Ultra Go cushioning for comfort and High rebound Ultra Pillars for energy return.
- A Air Cooled Goga Mat insole, fr comfort and cushioning.
- High traction thick rubber outsole and dual density shock absorbing midsole.
- Quarter overlays on the uppers provide stability and more structural integrity.
Skechers Walking Shoe
Te Go walk Joy and Equalizer are the two most popular slip on walking shoe brands from Skechers, because they are so comfortable and have superb cooling technologies.
- Available in a few neutral color options as well as an orange, turquoise and grey melange color variation.
- Soft knit textile uppers that are very lightweight and highly breathable.
- The Go Walk Joy has a Goga Max high rebound insole and the equalizer has a plush memory foam footbed.
- In the Go Walk Joy, you will also find the responsive 5Gen Cushioning system for comfort for the ladies.
- Inside is a soft lining and a padded collar.
- The durable rubber outsole offers superb traction and good shock absorbency.
Skechers Walking Shoe
The Skechers Go Walk Max and Go Walk Pursuit are two slip on walking shoes with some superb features for walking and everyday casual wearing.
- Soft knit textile and synthetic uppers with reinforced heel and toe for durability.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- The Max features 5gen cushioning technology and an Air Cooled Goga Mat Insole.
- The Pursuit has improved arch support, 5GEN Midsole cushioning, and a Goga Max High rebound footbed for superb energy return.
- The Pursuit also features a Bamboo lining in the footbed, to keep feet dry and bacteria-free.
Skechers Classic Walking Shoe
- Features synthetic uppers with leather overlays for structural stability and durability.
- A secure lace up system, with a padded tongue and collar for a comfortable fit.
- A supportive and cushioned midsole for better shock absorbency.
- Comfortably cushioned memory foam outsole.
- Some neutral color varieties are available.
Skechers Walking and Sports Shoe
These are both models from Skecher’s Sports range that are ideal for walking, casual wear and even running.
- Patterned rubber outsole for better traction with the rubber at the medial sides for better lateral support.
- Soft mesh knit uppers that are lightweight and very breathable.
- The Flex has a lace up system and the Breathe Easy Fortune a Bungee lace up system.
- Both feature a comfortable memory foam insole for support and cushioning.
- A comfortable relaxed fit and a durable rubber outsole.
Skechers Walking Shoe
The Skechers go Walk 3 Performance is another favorite among their walking shoes, with a slip on design.
- 100% Mesh uppers design that is soft, breathable and very flexible.
- A slip on an extremely lightweight shoe with a full length Goga Mat insole for support and comfort.
- There is a high traction multidirectional rubber outsole.
- Goga Mat technology, high rebound cushioning and a Memory Form Fit design.
- There is memory foam padding around the heel for a customized feeling fit.
- Extremely lightweight athletic shoe available in many color options.
Skechers Lace Up Walking Shoe
A superb choice in lace up walking shoes for men and women is the Go walk Evolution Ultra from Skechers with its snug fit design and lightweight feel.
- Textile upper design with a Socknit 360 seamless fit design and lace up system.
- Very lightweight and responsive Ultra go Cushioning and support.
- An Air Cooled Goga Mat insole, For cooling comfort.
- Durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Skechers Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Skechers® - Slip On Walking Shoe||Skechers||98.4|
|2||Skechers® - Flexible Stability Walking Shoes||Skechers||97|
|3||Skechers Go Walk® - Cooling Walking Shoes||Skechers Go Walk||98|
|4||Skechers® - Outdoor Walking Shoes||Skechers||98|
|5||Skechers® - Energy Return Walking Shoe||Skechers||98|
|6||Skechers® - Skechers Walking Shoe||Skechers||97|
|7||Skechers Go Walk® - Skechers Walking Shoe||Skechers Go Walk||98|
|8||Skechers® - Skechers Classic Walking Shoe||Skechers||97|
|9||Skechers® - Skechers Walking and Sports Shoe||Skechers||98|
|10||Skechers® - Skechers Walking Shoe||Skechers||98|
|11||Skechers® - Skechers Lace Up Walking Shoe||Skechers||98|
Table of Contents
- Why Do You need Walking Shoes
- What To Look For in a Good Walking Shoe
- Features of a Good Skechers Walking Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Skechers Walking Shoes Models
- Slip On Walking Shoe
- Flexible Stability Walking Shoes
- Cooling Walking Shoes
- Outdoor Walking Shoes
- Energy Return Walking Shoe
- Skechers Walking Shoe
- Skechers Walking Shoe
- Skechers Classic Walking Shoe
- Skechers Walking and Sports Shoe
- Skechers Walking Shoe
- Skechers Lace Up Walking Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Skechers Walking Shoes