Standing for an extended time on a hard concrete floor will inevitably take its toll on your feet and entire body. Many occupations may require that you stand on hard concrete floors all day, which in turn can be quite excruciating.
Luckily wearing the proper and comfortable footwear can significantly reduce the strain on your feet and lower limbs and provide you with all-day comfort and much-needed support.
The Effects of Walking and Standing on Concrete
Before we can get to what footwear is the best for standing and walking on concrete, we need to understand the effect hard concrete has on your feet and body;
- Strain – Standing on hard concrete floors places strain on your feet, joints, heels, and lower limbs, which in turn can also affect your lower back. This can cause pain and stiffness, which will get worse in time.
- Impact – Impact, when you walk or run on a hard concrete floor surface, can cause damage and stress on your feet, ankles, knees, heels, hips, and back, which may lead to pain and injuries.
- Fatigue – Yes, foot fatigue is a real thing, and your feet will get especially tired an achy when standing on hard concrete for several hours.
Tips and Footwear for Standing on Concrete Floors
- Take a Rest – Make sure to take a short break to sit down or stretch a bit, to relieve your feet and body of the pressure from standing on a hard concrete floor all day.
- Avoid – High heeled shoes and very flat shoes are your worst enemy when standing on any hard surface as they do not reduce the pressure or lessen the impact at all.
- What Footwear To Wear – Shock absorbency is your first and most important option in good footwear for standing on concrete all day. Good arch support and ample cushioning, along with a comfortable fit, are also key.
Features of a Good Shoe for Hard and Concrete Surfaces
- Cushioning – Cushioning such as EVA, gel or memory foam in the footbed along with an EVA midsole provides comfort as well as good shock absorbency.
- Arch Support – The right arch support for your arch type will keep your feet in good alignment and provide ample comfort.
- Durability – Durable and hard-wearing materials, particularly in the outsole to withstand abrasion and impact.
- Outsole – A Rubber patterned outsole provides excellent traction on hard surfaces.
- Uppers – Lightweight and breathable synthetic or mesh uppers will keep you cool and dry and will not cause foot fatigue.
Reviews: Shoes for Standing on Concrete Surfaces
Here are a few of the top choices in shoes for standing or walking on concrete;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Walker Shoes for Hard Surfaces and Overpronation
For those who deal with severe overpronation and have to stand or walk on hard and concrete floor surfaces, the Brooks Addiction Walker will give you the support and cushion that need. This shoe will also assist you when walking, helping to adjust your bone alignment to reduce back, knee, and joint pain.
- The rear and forefoot provides exceptional cushioning and shock absorption.
- The uppers are from high-quality full-grain leather for a softer, more comfortable feel.
- A MOGO midsole aid in reducing shock and cushion the feet.
- The signature PDRB triple-density post on the medial side of the shoe gives excellent support.
- A synthetic sole.
- Aids in relieving hip, knee, and back pain.
- Nurses and hospital staff recommend it.
- Available in the colors black, white, and bone.
- It provides relief for flat feet and feet that tend to overpronate.
Slip Resistant Work Shoe for Concrete Surfaces
The Merrel Encore is a sophisticated and professional shoe designed to be worn outdoors. It is comfortable and durable enough for everyday use by those who stand or walk quite a bit, such as dishwashers, cooks, nurses, doctors, etc.
- outsole for excellent grip and traction on concrete floor surfaces.
- Slip resistant to protect you on slippery surfaces.
- A well-cushioned and comfortable midsole.
- The is comfortable and supported as well as treated with FRESH control to reduce odor.
- Available in brown, black, and white.
Walking Shoe for Concrete Surfaces
Rockport Sidewalk and On-Road Walking shoe is a durable and breathable lace-up shoe that will help to absorb shock while remaining flexible enough for natural movement. Casual and comfortable footwear for everyday wear.
- Breathable fabric uppers for light comfort.
- The wedge is 45 mm to help reduce shock and strain on your feet.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane midsole provides stability and support in the midfoot area.
- The mesh lining provides excellent breathability and quick drying.
- The ethylene-vinyl acetate midsole gives lightweight shock absorption to reduce foot and leg fatigue.
- A rubber outsole for a durable grip on a variety of floor surfaces.
Wider Fit Clogs for Standing and Walking on Hard Surfaces
Crocs are used mostly in the food industry and hospitals because of the extreme comfort and support that they provide.
The Crocs Mercy and Bistro are a bit more stylish and feminine for specifically for women, while remaining comfortable and supportive.
- A roomy fit like the original clogs for more comfort.
- Designed specifically for work environments with hard floor surfaces.
- A lock tread for slip resistance exceeding industry standards.
- The tiny nubs along the footbed give your feet a massaged feel.
- The has enhanced arch support.
- The heel strap offers increased support and a better fit.
- Odor resistant and very easy to clean.
- This shoe offers a wider fit and is suitable for those suffering from Plantar fasciitis.
Waterproof Outdoor Shoes for Concrete Surfaces
Most likely, one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes is the Dansko Patti and Professional. They are attractive and will provide you with all-day comfort and support, especially on hard concrete surfaces.
- It is constructed with the traditional Dansko DNA materials to promote good foot, leg, and back health.
- A Rubber outsole for excellent performance and durability.
- It is made from stain-resistant, waterproof leather that is seam-sealed as well as a waterproof membrane for breathability and protection from wetness.
- A 1.25-inch heel and 0.75-inch platform to reduce shock.
- Removable, comfortable insole.
- Available in brown, black, and wine-colored milled nubuck.
Walkings Shoe for Hard and Concrete Surfaces
The Asics Gel Cumulus is an innovative new addition to this series of running shoes that make a great shoe for walking or standing on hard and concrete floor surfaces every day.
- The solid rubber outsole absorbs shock and gives exceptional grip and traction on hard and slippery floor surfaces.
- This shoe will keep your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Front and rearfoot gel in the midsole reduces strain on the feet and gives better support.
- The uppers feature reflective material for better visibility at night.
- A comfortable and lightweight shoe that is well cushioned and flexible for easy movement.
- Available in 12 different colors.
- If you like this brand1 then check out this article on the best Asics for Walking on Concrete.
Mary Jane for Hard Concrete Floors
A stylish and comfortable Mary Jane style shoe that is ideal for walking on hard and concrete surfaces.
- Soft and supple leather uppers in a Mary Jane Style with an Adjustable strap.
- A cushioned and shock absorbing midsole.
- Thick rubber outsole that is durable and offers a good grip.
- Available in a few neutral color oppositions to choose from as you wish.
Walking on Concrete Floors Shoes
A very lightweight, breathable, and highly cushioned and shock absorbing sneaker for walking on hard and concrete floor surfaces.
- Soft and comfortable breathable uppers with a smooth inner lining.
- The thick cushioned insole and thick rubber outsole, ensures ample shock absorbency and support.
- Very lightweight design that prevents foot fatigue.
- Available in two color options to choose from.
Mary Jane for Concrete Floor Walking
A classic walking shoe with all the features you need to protect your feet against the impact of hard concrete floors.
- A soft and flexible, high shock-absorbing outsole that offers excellent grip.
- Cushioned comfortable footbed that is removable.
- Mesh and synthetic uppers with a hook and loop style closure.
- Available in a few color options for your perusal.
Sneaker for Concrete Surface Walking
The Skechers Full Surface has a thick rubber outsole and cushioned footbed to provides support and impact absorption on hard concrete surfaces.
- Suede leather uppers with a snug Bungee lace-up system.
- A lightweight sneaker design.
- Cushioned foot bed for comfort and support.
- A Thick rubber outsole, with grooves for better grip.
- Smooth and comfortable inner lining that will keep your feet dry and ventilated.
Work Shoe for Standing on Concrete
The Cotrell and Wave Andes from Clarks are the two perfect work shoes for those persons who stand on their feet all day on hard concrete.
- Features a durable and thick rubber outsole designed with a tread for outdoor walking and all-day standing on hard concrete.
- Durable and waterproof leather and synthetic uppers, ideal for any weather conditions.
- Inside is an Ortholite cushioned insole for comfort and shock absorbency.
- Stylish and more dressy style as a work shoe.
Cushioned Walking on Concrete Sneaker
The Propet Life Walker offers a comfortable fit and excellent cushioning and shock absorbency for walking and standing on hard concrete all day.
- The uppers are soft, flexible, and breathable for the most comfortable fit.
- There is a cushioned insole that is also removable so you can use b your own orthotics.
- The contoured heel stabilizer absorbs shock and gives more stability.
- There is a rubber outsole which not only ensures secure traction but also aids in absorbing shock.
Concrete Walking and Standing Shoe
An excellent choice in shoes for heel pain and other conditions if you have to stand or walk on hard concrete floors all day.
- The durable leather uppers are Water-resistant and come in a sporty and casual style.
- The cushioned, and shock-absorbing EVA midsole ensures excellent support and comfort.
- It also comes with a Podiatrist-designed biomechanical removable orthotic with anti-bacterial treatment for all-day comfort and support.
- Inside the mesh lining enhances breathability and keeps your feet dry.
- For better support and pronation, there is a motion control footbed with contoured arch support and a deep heel cup.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Cushioned Running and Walking Shoe for Standing on Concrete
The Skechers GO Run Fast has a thick shock-absorbing sole, which is perfect for standing and walking on hard concrete floors.
- The upper consists of breathable engineered mesh and is available in a few color selections.
- A Skechers Air Cooled Goga Mat insole ensures superb cushioning and comfort.
- The thick sole and responsive 5Gen cushioning absorb shock.
- A durable rubber outsole also provides excellent traction.
Standing on Concrete Athletic Shoes
From Asics, we have the superb Gel Quantum 90, which offers excellent cushioning for standing and walking on hard concrete surfaces.
- The uppers are breathable and seamless for less irritation.
- There is Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel cushioning to absorb shock.
- Inside is a moisture-managing and cushioned, comfort Ortholite Sockliner.
- There are also a few color options available in this model.
- The rubber outsole is also durable enough to stand all day.
Standing All Day Dress Shoe
If you need a more formal styled shoe for standing on hard concrete, then I would definitely go for something from Orthofeet, with layers of cushioning.
- These are both loafer style slip-on shoes with leather upper available in neutral color options.
- For cushioning and shock absorbency, there are multiple layers of foam, as well as arch support and ergonomically shaped footbed.
- You can get both shoes in wider width options, and they offer and extra depth fit.
- What is more, is that some of the insole layers are removable so that you can use orthotics if needed.
Index Table: Top Shoes for Standing on Concrete
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Brooks® - Walker Shoes for Hard Surfaces and Overpronation||Addiction Walker||Addiction Walker||Brooks||97.8|
|2||Merrell® - Slip Resistant Work Shoe for Concrete Surfaces||Encore Gust||Encore||Merrell||96|
|3||Rockport® - Walking Shoe for Concrete Surfaces||On Road||Sidewalk Expression Chranson||Rockport||92|
|4||Crocs® - Wider Fit Clogs for Standing and Walking on Hard Surfaces||Bistro||Mercy||Crocs||92|
|5||Dansko® - Waterproof Outdoor Shoes for Concrete Surfaces||Professional||Patti||Dansko||97|
|6||Asics® - Walkings Shoe for Hard and Concrete Surfaces||Gel Cumulus 22||Gel Cumulus 22||Asics||96|
|7||Merrell® - Mary Jane for Hard Concrete Floors||Jungle Moc||Dassie||Merrell||96|
|8||Steel Edge® - Walking on Concrete Floors Shoes||Sneakers||Sneakers||Steel Edge||97|
|9||Propet® - Mary Jane for Concrete Floor Walking||LifeWalker||Travelactiv||Propet||96|
|10||Skechers® - Sneaker for Concrete Surface Walking||Full Circle||Full Circle||Skechers||95|
|11||Clarks® - Work Shoe for Standing on Concrete||Cotrell||Wave Andes||Clarks||96|
|12||Propet® - Cushioned Walking on Concrete Sneaker||W3804 Life Walker||W3804 Life Walker||Propet||97|
|13||Vionic® - Concrete Walking and Standing Shoe||Orthaheel Walker||Orthaheel Walker||Vionic||96|
|14||Skechers® - Cushioned Running and Walking Shoe for Standing on Concrete||Go Run Fast 15106||Go Run Fast 15106||Skechers||98.2|
|15||Asics® - Standing on Concrete Athletic Shoes||Gel-Quantum 90||Gel-Quantum 90||Asics||97|
|16||Orthofeet® - Standing All Day Dress Shoe||Broadway||Chelsea||Orthofeet||97.8|
Table of Contents
- The Effects of Walking and Standing on Concrete
- Tips and Footwear for Standing on Concrete Floors
- Features of a Good Shoe for Hard and Concrete Surfaces
- Reviews: Shoes for Standing on Concrete Surfaces
- Walker Shoes for Hard Surfaces and Overpronation
- Slip Resistant Work Shoe for Concrete Surfaces
- Walking Shoe for Concrete Surfaces
- Wider Fit Clogs for Standing and Walking on Hard Surfaces
- Waterproof Outdoor Shoes for Concrete Surfaces
- Walkings Shoe for Hard and Concrete Surfaces
- Mary Jane for Hard Concrete Floors
- Walking on Concrete Floors Shoes
- Mary Jane for Concrete Floor Walking
- Sneaker for Concrete Surface Walking
- Work Shoe for Standing on Concrete
- Cushioned Walking on Concrete Sneaker
- Concrete Walking and Standing Shoe
- Cushioned Running and Walking Shoe for Standing on Concrete
- Standing on Concrete Athletic Shoes
- Standing All Day Dress Shoe
- Index Table: Top Shoes for Standing on Concrete