Whether you were born with a wide foot, or whether they have broadened with age, or for other reasons, either way, you may have some trouble in finding shoes that provide you with a proper fit.
Therefore,e in this article, we will look at some of the best available shoes from Adidas that offer a wider fit for wide feet.
Causes and Concerns with Wide Feet
Many individuals who have wide feet report feeling discomfort and pain, usually because of shoes that do not fit properly.
Footwear that fits too tightly can cause pain, blisters, and other deformities, including; Bunions, Calluses, hammertoes, and Crossover Toes.
Besides genetics, there are a few other reasons to why you may have wider feet;
- Swelling – Swelling or Edema can cause your feet to widen. Swelling can be because of medications, injuries, fluid retention, and certain medical conditions. Swelling is usually not permanent and may go away. With this type of foot, a flexible or wide fit shoe design si ideal accommodates swelling.
Pregnancy – During pregnancy, the hormone relaxin, which loosens your ligaments and joints for birth, will also loosen ligaments and joints around the feet. Thus pregnant women may have swollen or wider and larger feet during pregnancy. In some very acute cases, your feet may not entirely return to normal after birth.
Foot Deformities – Foot conditions and deformities such as Hammertoes, Bunions, and Calluses or Cross Over toes may increase the need for a wider width shoe, and also may be caused by footwear that fits too tightly.
Age – As we age the ligamenst and tendons in our feet loosen a bit, thus we may end up with larger and wider feet.
Getting the Perfect Fit with Wide Feet
To get the right shoe for a wider foot, you should always opt for wide width or relaxed fit options in shoes such as the Adidas brand and athletic footwear.
Other than that, here are a few tips on getting the perfect fit for wider feet;
- Wide Width Options – Look for wide width, relaxed fit or other width options in general.
Roomy Toe Box and Flexible Uppers – Shoes with flexible upper such as a stretch knit will adapt to the shape of your feet. A wider roomy toe box is also ideal for wider feet.
Different Sized Feet – If your feet are different widths or lengths, always purchase the size that fits the larger or broader foot.
Cramped Toes – When you fit shoes, make sure that you can completely splay out your toes and that there is a small space between the tip of the shoes and your longest toe.
Get Measured – It is advisable to measure the length and width of your feet to get a perfect fit when purchasing shoes.
Features of a Good Adidas Shoe for Wide Feet
- Uppers – Adidas Shoes for Wide Feet offer mesh, Primeknit, or Flexible Knit uppers that are accommodating and flexes to the shape of your feet, and that also breathe well. Some models come in leather and mesh options.
Fit – The Regular Fit from Adidas offers a wider and more roomy fit. You also get a wide fit shoe model from Adidas that has a much wider design.
Midsole – Adidas shoe models have a variety of midsole options such as the very soft and plush Cloudfoam and Lightmotion lightweight midsole, or the more responsive and energizing Boost Midsole.
Sockliner – Many Adidas Wide Fit Shoe models come with an Ortholite Sockliner, which is a lightweight and breathable sock liner with cushioning, that also helps to wick away moisture.
Outsole – Adidas shoes come with a Continental Rubber outsole that is very durable and offers exceptional traction overall.
Types and designs – In this article, I have included some running and walking shoe models with a relaxed fit and stretchable upper. As well as some wide fit cross-training shoes and casual wearing shoes. Adidas shoes come in various color options and their basic and favored black and contrasting white models.
Reviews: The Best Adidas Shoes for Wide Feet
Here are some of our top choices in shoes for Wide feet from the Adidas brand;
Shoes for Wide Feet
The Alphaboost has a wide and roomy fit with a flexible upper, ideal for a broader type of foot.
- The uppers consist of synthetic leather and textile Air mesh for breathability.
- The Fit is a wider and more roomy regular fit in general in this range.
- For support and comfort, there is a Boost energizing midsole and stability pods on the outsole.
- The outsole consists of continental rubber, which is more durable and offers good traction.
Wide Feet Sneaker Shoe
The Adidas Kaptirr is known for its wider and more generous fit for wide feet.
- The Upper is a soft Knit textile that flexes and conforms to the shape of your feet.
- Ter is a plush and comfortable Cloudfoam cushioned midsole and textile lining for support and comfort.
- The rubber outsole provides exceptional traction and durability.
- Tere are a few color options available in the Adidas Kaptir.
Running Shoe for Wide Feet
The Duramo Sl from Adidas is another excellent choice in a more wide fitting athletic shoe.
- The Regular fit is roomier and accommodating to wider feet.
- The uppers are lightweight and breathable mesh with a superb moisture-wicking interior lining.
- There is a soft and plush Cushioning Ortholite insole and a Lightmotion midsole for support.
- The durable rubber outsole provides good traction and grip.
Trail Walking and Hiking Shoe for Wide Feet
The Terrex AX3 is an excellent Hiking and Trail walking shoe with a wider fit design.
- The shoes offer a more regular and wide fit with a very roomy toe box.
- The Upper is a durable mesh and synthetic materials with a ripstop structure and a protective TPU Toe Cap.
- Inside is a moisture-wicking textile lining and a lightly padded insole.
- The EVA midsole is supportive and lightweight.
- There is also a durable Continental rubber outsole with a lug design for a better grip on wet and uneven surfaces outdoors.
Wide Feet Training Shoe
Fro training when you have wider feet, the CrazyFlight offers a superb fit.
- The Stretchmesh uppers flex with your movements and adapt to the shape of your feet.
- The Regular fit is generally more roomy and wide.
- There is a TPU midfoot design for structure and support when training.
- The Boost Midsole and EVA stability Frame provides excellent supp[ort and shock absorbency.
- A durable rubber utsole ensure great traction.
Training Shoe for Wide Feet
Another excellent training shoe for wide feet is the Adidas Strutter, which can also be worn as a casual shoe.
- The Strutter offers a wide fit option.
- The uppers are coated with durable leather with breathability perforations and insets.
- There is a cushioning midsole and comfortable lining inside.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures good traction and long-lasting stability.
Index Table: Top Rated Adidas Shoes for Wide Feet
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Adidas® - Shoes for Wide Feet||Adidas||97.7|
|2||Adidas® - Wide Feet Sneaker Shoe||Adidas||97.5|
|3||Adidas® - Running Shoe for Wide Feet||Adidas||96.5|
|4||Adidas® - Trail Walking and Hiking Shoe for Wide Feet||Adidas||97.2|
|5||Adidas® - Wide Feet Training Shoe||Adidas||97|
|6||Adidas® - Training Shoe for Wide Feet||Adidas||96.4|
Table of Contents
- Causes and Concerns with Wide Feet
- Getting the Perfect Fit with Wide Feet
- Features of a Good Adidas Shoe for Wide Feet
- Reviews: The Best Adidas Shoes for Wide Feet
- Shoes for Wide Feet
- Wide Feet Sneaker Shoe
- Running Shoe for Wide Feet
- Trail Walking and Hiking Shoe for Wide Feet
- Wide Feet Training Shoe
- Training Shoe for Wide Feet
- Index Table: Top Rated Adidas Shoes for Wide Feet