Zumba is an exciting and excellent exercise option that has taken the world by storm.
Zumba involves many intense dancing and aerobic movements with exuberant and high energy music that will have you working up a sweat in no time.
Because Zumba is a form of Dance aerobic exercise, it is advised to get a proper and comfortable Zumba shoe, much similar to a cross trainer, with a few other aspects.
What to Know About Zumba
Stepping into a Zumba class for the first time can be quite overwhelming, to say the least.
New faces, loud music, complicated dance routines that are fast. None the less you can see this dance work out as a fast-paced dance party, and you will soon get to know all those moves, make some friends and get used to the loud and exuberant music.
However here are a few tips to remember when it comes to Zumba classes;
- You are Going To Sweat – Zumba is a very intense and highly energized gym workout routine that will have you sweating fast and plenty. There will luckily be short breaks in between, so use them; you’ll need them!! Make sure to bring a towel and enough water to drink.
Prepare for Noise – If you prefer a more quiet and reflective workout, then, unfortunately, Zumba is not for you. Zumba dance entails loud pumping music, and yelling or even singing instructor. This is the perfect routine, though, for a social butterfly.
Constantly Changing Routine – Most dance classes teach one long dance routine over and over. Sorry to say, but this is not the case with Zumba. Zumba routines consist of constantly new short sets of moves that are always changing, so you will need to pick up the pace and catch up quickly.
It is Okay to Mess Up – With that said, always keep the fun factor in mind, and that it is perfectly alright to mess up your moves, just keep going along.
Identify The Regulars – Its advisable to make a friend so check out the regulars, as they can help if you cannot see or catch up with the moves from the instructor.
Center Yourself – I would advise that with your first few classes to pick a sport in the center where you are less visible if you mess up, you will have a decent view, and be able to learn the moves from those around you.
Expect a Mix of Levels. Your Zumba class will consist of individuals of all shapes and sizes, professionals, beginners, and intermediary dancers, so expect a fun mix up and do not feel alone.
ZUMBA SHOES – your most important weapon in class for comfort and protection against injury is your shoes, you do not specifically need a Zumba shoe, a good lightweight and flexible sneaker or Cross-trainer that offers good traction will do for now.
Why Do You Need Special Shoes
For the Zumba Enthusiast and the more intermediary to professional level Zumba dancers, I would recommend a good Zumba shoe for you to get the most out of your Zumba Workout as well as to prevent any possible injuries, and to keep your feet comfortable and well supported.
- Get a Better Work Out – A Good pair of training or Zumba shoes will make it much easier for you to do the routines as well as helping you to get the most out of your work out routine in general.
Avoid Injuries – A Zumba workout is quite a physical routine with plenty of spins, turns, lunges, and lateral movements. Without the proper grip, you can easily lose your footing and slip and fall while performing a move. The floors of your Zumba class may not be very forgiving, so you would need to avoid this at all costs.
Appeal – Well al in all just looking good in your shoes and Zumba outfit is already a great start to a great class, and you will feel much better and more confident
Features of a Good Skechers® Zumba Shoe
- Look for a very lightweight shoe that still offers some support.
- A very flexible sole design is desirable.
- Look for a snug and comfortable fit that will stay on your feet.
- Cushioning and a heel pad as well as additional padding under the balls of your feet.
- A split sole or a Pivot point is perfect for dance and Zumba routines and almost a must.
- A secure lace-up system that will not loosen.
- High traction outsole usually rubber or synthetic.
- Breathable uppers design.
Reviews: The Best Skechers® Zumba Shoes
These are some of the Skechers shoe models that are ideal for Zumba training;
The Skechers sport Loving Life is a comfortable memory foam insole sneaker that molds to the shape of your feet and is highly flexible and lightweight.
- Faux leather and mesh uppers for a breathable yet structurally supportive fit.
- A lace-up bungee system that is easy and not in the way.
- High traction rubber outsole.
- Memory foam comfort insole.
- There are flex grooves on the outsole for better spins and faster movements.
The Summits Sneaker from Skechers is another excellent choice as a Zumba dance shoe with its non-marking and flexible outsole.
- A durable rubber outsole that is flexible and non-marking.
- Excellent midsole shock absorbency. Many color and style options available.
- Comfortable cushioned insole.
- The uppers are lightweight and breathable with a lace-up feature and good support.
The Skechers Sport Breathe easy is an ideal choice in lightweight and very breathable Zumba shoe options.
- Soft and flexible mesh knit uppers designed from highly breathable materials.
- It offers a more relaxed and comfortable fit.
- High traction, durable rubber outsole.
- Cushioned memory foam comfort insole.
- Very lightweight and breathable knit mesh fabric uppers and a lace-up closure for a secure fit.
- Available in plenty of fun and feminine color options for you to choose from as you like.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole with a flexible design.
- Comfortabley cushioned nsole.
The Full Circle from Skechers is the ideal Zumba and even Cross-Training shoe with features made for all forms of exercise.
- Soft and breathable mesh uppers with textile overlays for better structural support.
- A Bungee lace system for a secure and customized fit.
- A very lightweight and flexible, as well as shock-absorbing Flex Midsole.
- The rubber outsole offers excellent traction.
- Inside is an Air-Cooled memory foam footbed for support and comfort.
- Available in different width and color options.
The Sports Empire is perfect for Zumba and even dance classes providing comfort and superb performance.
- The perforated Air Cooled Memory foam footbed contours to the shape of your feet for the most comfortable fit and cushioning.
- A Moisture-wicking top layer to keep feet dry and odor-free.
- There is a molded dual-layered material in the base of the sole for shock absorbency and cushioning.
- High traction rubber outsole.
- Lightweight and breathable uppers.
The Skechers Flex Appeal 3.0 is a top favorite in training shoes for routines such as Zumba and aerobics.
- A flexible and lightweight shoe with breathable textile uppers.
- There is a cushioning Air-Cooled memory foam insole.
- A flexible rubber outsole offers excellent traction and allows for easy movement.
- You can also choose between some color variations for your preference.
The Skechers Flex Edge is explicitly designed for Zumba dance training and available in a colorful bright pink for ladies.
- A Zumba design shoe with all the features for dancing and Zumba routines.
- There are Z-Arch design and Z-Slide flexibility.
- The sole is non-marking and made from durable rubber.
- The uppers are lightweight and comfortable.
The Skechers Ultra Flex Statements offers a sock-like fit, with a flexible and supportive sole ideal for Zumba Training sessions.
- The upper consists of breathable and lightweight textile fabric with a moisture-wicking lining.
- The sole is flexible and supportive with a rubber outsole.
- There is also a comfortable cushioned insole.
- Some color variations are available for your perusal.
Index Table: Top Rated Skechers® Zumba Shoes
|1||Skechers Sport Women's Loving Life - Zumba Shoe||Skechers Sport||98|
|2||Skechers Women's Summits - Zumba Sneakers||Skechers||97|
|3||Skechers Women's Breathe Easy - Zumba Shoe||Skechers||97|
|4||Skechers Women's Go Step Lite-Agile - Zumba Shoe||Skechers||97|
|5||Skechers Women's Full Circle - Trainers for Zumba||Skechers||98|
|6||Skechers Women's Sport Empire - Zumba Sneaker||Skechers||98|
|7||Skechers Women's Flex Appeal 3.0 - Zumba Training Shoes||Skechers||98|
|8||Skechers Women's Flex Edge - Zumba Shoe||Skechers||94|
|9||Skechers Women's Ultra Flex Statements - Zumba Dance Shoe||Skechers||97.8|
Table of Contents
- What to Know About Zumba
- Why Do You Need Special Shoes
- Features of a Good Skechers® Zumba Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Skechers® Zumba Shoes
- Skechers Sport® Women's Loving Life Zumba Shoe
- Skechers® Women's Summits Zumba Sneakers
- Skechers® Women's Breathe Easy Zumba Shoe
- Skechers® Women's Go Step Lite-Agile Zumba Shoe
- Skechers® Women's Full Circle Trainers for Zumba
- Skechers® Women's Sport Empire Zumba Sneaker
- Skechers® Women's Flex Appeal 3.0 Zumba Training Shoes
- Skechers® Women's Flex Edge Zumba Shoe
- Skechers® Women's Ultra Flex Statements Zumba Dance Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Skechers® Zumba Shoes