An Espadrilles is the archetypal shoe of summer, that never seems to go out for fashion.
So if you want a peek into some of the top favorite Espadrille brands and models, then look no further.
The History Behind the Espadrille
Despite the very modern appearance of the Espadrille, us is actually a shoe style that has been around since the 13th century.
The origin of the Espadrille can be traced to the Occitania and Catalonia area close to Spain and France.
The original production fo the Espadrille was a very complex and intricate procedure to get the perfect lightweight design.
The Espadrille likewise has strong roots in the Basque culture and, for the first few centuries, did not stray far from its original roots.
However, today, the Espadrille is a worldwide known fashion shoe that has many comfort features and comes in many shapes and styles.
The Three Characteristics that Makes the Espadrille so Unique
The Espadrille is a shoe design that has been popular for ages in European culture, yet has to date also become more prevalent in America and other countries.
Three aspects make the Espadrille so popular and sought after;
- Long History – The Espadrille is a prevalent shoe type, especially for spring and summer wear. It dates back as far as the thirteenth century and has a very colorful history.
Jute Sole – The word “Espadrille” means Esparto, which refers to the esparto plant used to make the soles of the Espadrille initially. However, today Jute is used because of the minimal impact it has on the environment.
Complex Design – The delight of the Espadrille requires extra attention to detail and outstanding craftsmanship, much more than any other shoe form. Therefore you can be assured that your Espadrilles are the finest of quality and craftsmanship.
Features of a Comfortable Espadrille
- Design – The Espadrille comes in many different sandals and closed shoe designs from which you can select.
Uppers – Cotton, Canvas, or leather and synthetic materials are used today to form the upper of the Espadrille. However, Cotton and Canvas are used initially.
Heel Style – You can choose between a flat, uniform, heeled, or even wedge or platform design sole.
Sole – For the Outsole Braided jute and rubber is used in most Espadrille designs.
- Footbed – The footbed is usually padded for comfort with a lining to wick away moisture.
Color – There are so many colors and patterns available when it comes to the Espadrilles.
Reviews: The Most Comfortable Espadrilles
Here are some of the most comfortable Espadrilles that Espadrilles you will find;
Here we have a feminine and elegant style Espadrille sandal with the popular closed-toe cap in Canvas materials.
- The sandal has a closed toe cap with cotton canvas materials and a lace-up ankle design.
- There is a durable rubber outsole for traction.
- Jute and rubber are used for the midsole design.
- Choose your favorite color and pattern from many in this range.
From Soda, we have a fun and casual Fltaform Wedge soled Espadrille sandal with an open toe.
- There are synthetic leather upper with an open peep toe and an ankle strap with a buckle closure for an adjustable fit.
- The footbed is lightly padded for comfort.
- The sole has a flatform wedge design with Espadrille design.
- There is also a high traction durable rubber outsole.
- You can select from a large color range in this shoe model.
Here we have a more classic styled closed-toe Espadrille with the versatile ankle strap that you can tie as you wish.
- The upper and ankle strap consists of cotton canvas fabric, and there are a few neutral colors from which you can choose.
- The footbed is lightly padded with a moisture-wicking lining.
- The sole has a slight heel with the Espadrille design.
- You can tie the long ankle strap in different ways as you please.
Something a bit more on the daring side is these high platform-style Espadrille sandals.
- Leather is used for the upper straps, and there are a few colors available.
- The Platform sole is quite high with the Espadrilles design.
- The ankle strap is also adjustable for a better fit.
- The sandal design is ideal for dress-up occasions and to wear with longer length skirts and dresses.
The DailyShoes Casual Espadrille is fun and, feminine, everyday wear comfort Espadrille sandal.
- The upper consists of synthetic leather and there are a few colors available.
- There is a buckle closure ankle strap for an adjustable fit.
- Studded detail gives the sandal an ore decorated appeal.
- The sole has a platform design and Espadrille details.
The Penny from Adrianna Papell also has the classic closed-toe Espadrille style with a versatile ankle strap.
- The upper consists of a see-through and light fabric, with a fabric ankle strap, that you can tie as you please.
- There is a comfortable and lightly padded footbed.
- The wedge sole has a platform Espadrille design.
- Ther are also four color options to choose from in the Penny Espadrille.
Index Table: Top Rated Comfortable Espadrilles
|1||U-Lite Women's Cap Toe - Espadrille Sandals||U-Lite||98.6|
|2||Soda Women's Topic - Open Toe Espadrilles||Soda||98|
|3||Soludos Women's Classic - Feminine Espadrilles||Soludos||97.2|
|4||Sam Edelman Women's Maura - Platform Espadrilles||Sam Edelman||97.9|
|5||DailyShoes Women's Casual - Open Toe Espadrilles||DailyShoes||96.8|
|6||Adrianna Papell Women's Penny - Wedge Espadrilles||Adrianna Papell||95|
Table of Contents
- The History Behind the Espadrille
- The Three Characteristics that Makes the Espadrille so Unique
- Features of a Comfortable Espadrille
- Reviews: The Most Comfortable Espadrilles
- Index Table: Top Rated Comfortable Espadrilles