As many of us know, there is no comparison when it comes to Adidas shoes and comfort.
Adidas makes some of the most comfortable shoes for various purposes, such as casual wear, running and walking shoes, training shoes, and even sports shoes.
Today we will look specifically at the most comfortable Adidas shoes across their ranges and let you in on these secrets.
Some History Behind Adidas
Adidas is a German company that designs and manufactures shoes, clothing, and many other accessories.
They are one of the largest sportswear manufactures in Europe and all over the world.
Adidas originated in the home of Adolf Dassler and his brother Rudolf in 1924, first known as the Dassler Brothers Shoe Factory.
Dassler first started assisting in the development of spiked running footwear for multiple athletic events. He introduced the rubber spiked soles instead of the metal spikes that are heavy and damaging to turf.
Following the breakdown of the relationship between the two Dassler brothers, Adolf created the Adidas brand with the three-striped logos bought from a Finnish sports company.
Today Adidas has advanced beyond just running shoes to various sports, casual, and training shoes with some of the most comfortable features and designs on the market. They also manufacture clothing and accessories.
Comfortable Shoe Ranges That Adidas Offers
There are different types of shoes that Adidas offer with some exceptional comfort features for sports and everyday wear;
- Running Shoes – Some of the best and most comfortable running shoes are manufactured by Adidas. Their running shoes come in regular or tight fit options, with Knit, mesh, or leather upper designs that breathe well and have a comfortable moisture-wicking lining. For cushioning, a Boost Midsole or Cloudfoam is used in the midsole and features such as a midsole rail for stability and guidance. The Stertchweb outsole is also a popular design in many running shoes from Adidas that offers exceptional traction, particularly on wet surfaces.
- Walking Shoes – Adidas running shoes or casual shoes make exceptional walking shoes as well, besides their actual walking shoe range. Similar features such as the Boost midsole, cloudfoam, and Orthlite cushioned footbed are comfort features in Adidas’ most walking shoes. Continental rubber is used for the outsole in the regular or stretches web design for optimal traction. Leather, Knit, or Mesh uppers offer either a regular or a snug fit, breathable option. A lot of these features are included in the Adidas shoes for nurses.
- Casual Shoes – Adidas casual shoes such as the Adidas Superstar Original is a top favorite and has been for many years. The casual shoe models are more stylish and elegant and less bulky than running and walking shoes. They come with contrasting stripes and logos, of which the black and white options are the most sought after. The uppers are usually leather with perforations for breathability and have a lace-up feature, uniform rubber outsole, and lightly padded comfort insole and midsole.
- Sandals – Adidas sandal and slide have soft Cloudfoam cushioning and usually consist of water-resistant and “beach-friendly” materails. The slides have a single strap, adjustable, cushioned sole, and durable outsole.
Features of a Comfortable Shoe from Adidas
- Uppers – The Uppers consist of either leather, synthetic materials, mesh or Knit and Primeknit options that breathable well and are very durable.
- Midsole – The Midsole features dual layers of Boost, or Ultraboost foam technology for cushioning, or the Cloudfoam softer cushioning. Some designs have midsole rails for support and other stability features.
- Insole – In some Adidas shoe models, an Ortholite insole or footbed wicks away moisture and provides cushioning.
- Outsole – Continental rubber and rubber are used in all Adidas shoe models, except for sandal ranges that use EVA or foam. Stretchweb technology gives you an outsole that improves grip on a wet surface, and their trail models have trail-specific lug rubber outsoles.
Reviews: The Most Comfortable Adidas Shoes
Below I have listed some of the top favorite comfortable Adidas shoe models across their ranges and shoe types;
Shoes for Running
- The shoe offers a regular and comfortable fit.
- The uppers are mesh with seamless haptic print overlays.
- Inside is a comfortable and moisture-wicking textile lining as well as dual-density boost cushioning under the arch.
- The Energy Rail midsole helps to guide and cushion your feet.
- The outsole is a durable continental rubber that flexes naturally.
Comfortable Running Shoe
- The Ultra Boost 20 jas a more snug sock-like fit and Primeknit technology textile uppers that flex well and are breathable.
- There are tailored Fiber placements on the upper for better midfoot support and comfort,
- Inside is a Boost cushioned midsole and a stabilizing torsion system in the sole.
- The interior is lined for comfort.
Walking Shoe for Comfort
- The Duramo has a more casual style and is available in more color options.
- The uppers are a breathable mesh with supportive overlays.
- There is a cushioned plush Cloudfoam technology midsole and smooth interior lining,
- The outsole is a durable rubber.
- Overall this model gives a light and breathable feel.
Shoe for Comfort
- Both these models feature the plush Cloudfoam technology memory foam sock liner cushioning and midsole cushioning technology.
- They have textile uppers that are breathable and available in more color selections.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures excellent grip and traction.
- Inside is a lining that helps to wick away moisture.
- The Adilette is very lightweight and quite durable.
- The footbed offers foamy cushioning and a cup design for additional support.
- There is a single uppers strap with contrasting color stripes.
- The uppers also have a textile lining to wick away moisture.
- The sole offers a good grip with a textured design.
- You can choose from a few color options in the Adilette range.
Shoe for Comfort
- The Superstar is elegant and fashionable and can be worn both casually and as a dress shoe.
- The uppers are leather available in black with contrasting white stripes and logos or solid white with contrasting black and other colored stripes and logos.
- The inside is lined for comfort, and there is an Ortholite sock liner for cushioning.
- The sole is durable rubber with patterns for added traction.
Index Table: Top Rated Comfortable Adidas Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Adidas® - Shoes for Running||Solar Glide 19||Solar Glide 19||Adidas||98|
|2||Adidas® - Comfortable Running Shoe||Ultraboost 20||Ultraboost 20||Adidas||97.9|
|3||Adidas® - Walking Shoe for Comfort||Duramo 9||Duramo 9||Adidas||97.5|
|4||Adidas® - Shoe for Comfort||CF Lite Racer||Cloudfoam Pure||Adidas||97.3|
|5||Adidas® - Comfortable Sandal||Adilette||Adilette||Adidas||96.8|
|6||Adidas® - Shoe for Comfort||Superstar Original||Superstar Original||Adidas||97.6|
Table of Contents
- Some History Behind Adidas
- Comfortable Shoe Ranges That Adidas Offers
- Features of a Comfortable Shoe from Adidas
- Reviews: The Most Comfortable Adidas Shoes
- Shoes for Running
- Comfortable Running Shoe
- Walking Shoe for Comfort
- Shoe for Comfort
- Comfortable Sandal
- Shoe for Comfort
- Index Table: Top Rated Comfortable Adidas Shoes