When you suffer from Hip Pain, any physical activity can be painful and close to impossible.
All in all, your shoes may be the cause of your hip pain, and they may also be the solution.
Read Further to learn more about how your feet impact hip pain, as well as the must-have features for the best shoes for heel pain.
How do Your Feet Impact Hip Pain
You need to keep in mind that the joints in your knees and hip are the largest in your body. Most individuals with hip pain may also suffer knee pain and vice versa.
Your hips and knees support all your weight when you stand or walk or run, so if your experience pain in your knees or hips, there may just as well be a connection between that and your feet.
- Busristis – Repetitive stress from walking or running, particularly with unsupportive shoes, can cause Hip Bursitis similar to Bursitis of the feet. Bursitis is inflammation and pain in the Bursa, which is the cushioning in the hip joints.
- Overpronation – When your feet roll inward excessively when you walk or run, and you do not wear shoes to correct the issue, it can cause an alignment in your hips placing stress on the entire hip and leg muscle.
- Plantar Fasciitis – A condition that leads to chronic heel and arch pain can also affect your hips if not appropriately treated, causing pain and impact on the hip joints.
- Foot Deformities – Foot deformities and conditions such as Bunions, hammertoes, Corn and Calluses, which can cause you to walk or run improperly, may affect your hip because of misalignment and incorrect placing of weight during the gait cycles.
How Footwear Can Help With Hip Pain
- Cushioning – The cushioning either or both in the mmidsole and insole of a shoe helps to attenuate impact and absorb shock to prevent the impact on your joints.
- Arch Support – Good arch support improves your natural alignment and helps to evenly spread the weight over the feet, which in turn lessens the strain on your lower limbs and hips.
- Controlling Overpronation – Stability features and motion control features in a shoe along with good arch support helps to control and prevent overpronation, which in turn can affect your hips.
Features of a Good Hip Pain Shoe
- Cushioning in the footbed and midsole for shock absorbency and for impact resistance.
- Excellent Arch support and stability features.
- Contoured Footbed.
- Deep heel cup.
- Comfortable Fit.
- Durable Rubber Outsole.
- Stability Shank.
- Trusstic and Guidance System.
- Gel cushioning.
- Deep heel Cup.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
Below you will find some of our best choices in a variety of shoes which will help to alleviate and prevent Hip Pain;
Hip Pain Walking Shoe
From Brooks, we have their very popular Addiction walker, which is available with a lace-up closure or a hook and Loop Velcro closure strap.
- Durable leather uppers with breathable perforation holes.
- A premium quality rubber outsole that offers excellent traction.
- Arch support and cushioning for shock absorbency.
- Comfortable fit and very lightweight design.
- Available in a black or white option only.
Hip Pain Sneaker
Casual Wearing and walking shoes from Skechers that offer superb comfort and cushioning to prevent and alleviate hip pain and other conditions.
- It offers a wider and more comfortable fit with leather and synthetic uppers and a secure lace-up system.
- Ther is a cushioned mesh tongue and a padded collar.
- Metal top eyelets that are durable and rustproof.
- Platform heel for extra shock absorbency with a durable rubber outsole.
- Memory foam cushioning for comfort and a lightweight shock-absorbing athletic midsole.
- Some color options are avialble to choose from.
Hip Pain sandals
The Amber and Boyes are two casual and comfortable design sandals that are fully adjustable and ideal for issues such as hip pain, back pain, and knee pain.
- The Boyes has leather uppers with adjustable straps and a supportive ankle strap.
- Vionic cushioned and contoured footbed with arch support in the Boyes as well as a durable rubber outsole.
- In the Rest Amber, there is more decorative detail on the upper straps and a supportive back strap.
- The Rest Amber likewise has adjustable straps, and a Biomechanical orthotic cushioned footbed.
- In the Rest Amber, you will also find Tri=Planar motion control technology and arch support and deep heel cup that aids to realign your feet in a more natural position.
- Both shoes are available in other color variations.
Trail Walking and Running Shoes for Hip Pain
The Asics Gel Cumulus 21 is one of the best and latest models in its range, this is the perfect running and walking shoe for any condition, particularly hip or knee pain.,
- Breathable mesh and synthetic uppers offer a secure fit.
- Very lightweight FLYTE FOAM Propel technology for a supreme bounce back and energizing cushioning.
- The AHAR outsole offers high durability and abrasion resistance.
- There are waterproof Gore-Tex Lined uppers also making this the ideal outdoor walking and running shoe,
- The Ortholite sock liner provides comfortable cushioning and excellent moisture management.
Hip Pain Boots
I have chosen these two lovely ankle boots from DR. Comfort both in an elegant and neutral-colored leather with a secure lace-up system.
- The Ruk has smooth leather uppers while the Cara has a Suede finish.
- Both shoes are available in a few neutral brown leather options.
- You get an additional Gel insole for cushioning and cooling with this brand in every pair of shoes you purchase.
- Both feature a lace-up closure and are very lightweight.
- There are a shock-absorbing midsole and a durable ow rubber outsole.
Hip Pain Work Shoe
The Athens and Melbourne from Athens are a closed style, slightly formal walking shoe for hip pain and other conditions.
- Both have and extra depth design, along with availability in wider widths and a seam-free interior to accommodate foot conditions such as bunions hammertoes.
- This is an orthopedic shoe ideal for hip, back, and knee pain along with conditions such as Neuropathy and Diabetes or arthritis.
- There is a lightweight and cushioned Ergonomically designed and air-cushioned insole and midsole, fr shock absorbency, and support.
- The rubber outsole is very durable and offers an excellent grip even on outdoor slippery surfaces.
- Both shoes are available in wider with options and have adjustable straps.
Hip Pain Casual Sneaker
The Joomra is a very lightweight and cushioned casual sneaker shoe that is perfect for hip joint pain relief and prevention.
- A low top silhouette with premium leather for the uppers and a secure lace-up system in the Stylish for Men.
- The Lightweight Model for women has a 3D woven upper construction with intricate patterns and flexibility that moves with your feet.
- Both have a cushioned and shock-absorbing footbed and midsole.
- There is a thicker and durable rubber outsole for better traction.
- These shoes are available in a few color options to choose from in solid colors with the white sole base.
Hip Pain Dress Shoe
A dress Oxford Style shoes fr the gents and dress pump for the ladies both from a high comfort and orthopedic brand, Orthofeet.
- The Maya is a Pump Style Shoe with the popular Bioheel that offers much better support and less pressure than regular heels.
- The Gramercy is an Oxford styled flat shoe for the gents with a lace-up closure.
- These shoes both feature the lightweight and ergonomic orthopedic Air Cushioned design Insole and midsole for comfort and support along with a durable rubber outsole.
- Both models are likewise available in wider width options and offer a more roomy toe area.
Hip Pain Slide on Casual Sandals
From Dr. Comfort, we have the Connor and Kelly, two leisurewear slip-on slide sandals that offer excellent cushioned comfort and long-wearing durability.
- Both have a leather uppers strap that is fully adjustable in black color only.
- The footbed is cushioned and has an integrated support shank.
- There is a dual-density shock absorbency midsole.
- Both are available in wider width options, and they are excellent diabetic sandals as well.
Casual Sneakers for Hip Pain
The Skechers D’Lites and Skechers Afterburn have ample memory foam cushioning and a shock-absorbing sole, which helps to prevent impact on your Hips.
- The Afterburn and D’ Lites both have leather, and synthetic upper and are available in a few color selections.
- They have a thicker platform design sole and a rubber outsole that offers excellent traction.
- Inside is an Air-cooled memory foam insole for comfort and cushioning and a Foam Midsole for shock absorbency.
- The Sole is also quite flexible and comfortable to walk in.
Hip Pain Shoes
The New Balance 880V10 is offered excellent shock absorbency and cushioning, which is ideal for hip pain.
- The 880V10 from New Balance offers excellent shock absorbency and cushioning to reduce the impact on the hips and joints.
- The upper consists of breathable mesh and synthetic materials.
- There is a Fresh Foam Midsole and a cushioned insole for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The Blown Rubber outsole is durable and also provides excellent cushioning and rebound.
Walking Shoes for Heel and Hip Pain
The Ghost 13 from Brooks offers the most balanced stability and cushioning features, which are perfect for heel and hip pain.
- The upper consists of mesh and synthetic materials that are lightweight and breathable.
- There are many color options from which you can select in the Brooks Ghost 12 model.
- The insole is cushioned with BioMoGo DNA and DNA Loft technology cushioning for shock absorbency and comfort.
- The Segmented crash pads ensure a much smoother ride no matter how you land.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures excellent traction.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hip Pain
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Brooks® - Hip Pain Walking Shoe||Addiction Walker||Addiction Walker||Brooks||97.3|
|2||Skechers® - Hip Pain Sneaker||Afterburn||D’Lites||Skechers||98|
|3||Vionic® - Hip Pain sandals||Boyes||Rest Amber||Vionic||98|
|4||Asics® - Trail Walking and Running Shoes for Hip Pain||Gel Cumulus 22||Gel Cumulus 22||Asics||99|
|5||Dr. Comfort® - Hip Pain Boots||Ruk||Cara||Dr. Comfort||97|
|6||Orthofeet® - Hip Pain Work Shoe||Melbourne||Athens||Orthofeet||97|
|7||Joomra® - Hip Pain Casual Sneaker||Stylish||Lightweight||Joomra||97|
|8||Orthofeet® - Hip Pain Dress Shoe||Gramercy||Maya||Orthofeet||99|
|9||Dr. Comfort® - Hip Pain Slide on Casual Sandals||Connor||Kelly||Dr. Comfort||97|
|10||Skechers® - Casual Sneakers for Hip Pain||Afterburn||D’Lites||Skechers||97.2|
|11||New Balance® - Hip Pain Shoes||880V10||880V10||New Balance||98|
|12||Brooks® - Walking Shoes for Heel and Hip Pain||Ghost 13||Ghost 13||Brooks||97.8|
Table of Contents
- How do Your Feet Impact Hip Pain
- How Footwear Can Help With Hip Pain
- Features of a Good Hip Pain Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
- Hip Pain Walking Shoe
- Hip Pain Sneaker
- Hip Pain sandals
- Trail Walking and Running Shoes for Hip Pain
- Hip Pain Boots
- Hip Pain Work Shoe
- Hip Pain Casual Sneaker
- Hip Pain Dress Shoe
- Hip Pain Slide on Casual Sandals
- Casual Sneakers for Hip Pain
- Hip Pain Shoes
- Walking Shoes for Heel and Hip Pain
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hip Pain