Hammertoes, which are toes that bend and curl more downward than pointing forward as they should, can be quite uncomfortable and painful, especially when you are not wearing the right kind of shoes.
The right shoes will offer a roomy and accomodating fit, reducing pressure and strain on painful Hammertoes. In this article, we will look at some of the best available shoes that are perfect for hammertoes.
Can Your Shoes Cause and Aggravate Hammertoes
There are many causes and risk factors to Hammertoes, and yes, your shoes are a culprit.
Here are a few of the leading causes;
- High Arches – Individuals with High arches are prone to get Hammertoes and therefore need footwear with the proper cushioning and arch support to prevent Hammertoes from developing.
- Bunions – Bunions cause pressure on your feet, which in turn may also result in Hammertoes developing.
- Tension and Old Injuries – Old injuries or tension in the tendons can cause your toes to curl up, resulting in Hammertoes. Treating injuries and tension by wearing proper footwear may also help to prevent this n this case.
- Improper Footwear – Shoes that are too tight, or even loos, and do not offer any support can lead to the aggravation and even development of Hammertoes.
Shoes To Avoid: that can Cause and Aggravate Hammertoes
- High Heels – High heel causes the forefoot to be bunched up in the toe area of the shoe and places extreme pressure on the heels and forefoot, which all in all has so many health and injury risk, of which Hammertoes is one.
- Flat Shoes – Shoes that are very flat offer no support or shock absorbency and may lead to foot conditions, including Hammertoes.
- Pointed and Narrow Toes – Pointed and Narrow toe shoes are among the main causes of Bunions, hammertoes, and bunionettes; they place unreasonable pressure on the forefoot and toe area.
Features of a Good Shoe for Hammertoes
- Wider Width Availability – Available in wider width options that accommodate Hammertoes and Bunions and are ideal for a wider foot type.
- Roomy Toe Box – A roomy toe box gives ample toe room and prevents pressure on painful hammertoes.
- Soft and Flexible Uppers – The soft and flexible uppers will mold to the shape of your feet and not cause pressure on Hammertoes.
- Cushioning and Support – Cushioning offers shock absorbency, and good arch support helps alleviate and prevent foot issues that can lead to Hammertoes and other deformities.
- Stability Heel – Offer better stability and motion control along with some sophistication in dress shoe.
- Outsole – A durable rubber outsole that will last longer and offer good grip and traction.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hammertoe
Below are your Best Options in a variety of shoe types for Hammertoes;
The Propet TravelActiv is the ideal hammertoe accommodating casual walking shoe that is available in wider width options.
- The Outsole is very lightweight and flexible and made from durable rubber.
- Durable synthetic uppers with a mesh inset for breathability.
- Secure and adjustable lace-up system.
- Available in wider widths and has a roomy toe box area.
- Fully cushioned footbed and moisture-wicking interior lining.
- Available;e in many color options to choose from.
The Cascade from Drew Shoes is a casual leather sandal that offers a highly adjustable fit and a soft and cushioned platform.
- Coes in a soft Nubuck leather with lined and padded uppers straps that are fully adjustable.
- Available in a few neutral color variations.
- The footbed is cushioned and removable with additional metatarsal support.
- There is a very lightweight EVA midsole for shock absorbency and a highly durable rubber outsole for better grip on slippery surfaces.
- This sandal is also available in wider width options.
Comfortable and casual all occasion and everyday wear mary janes that accommodate your Bunions and Hammertoes. They will make the ideal work shoes for a professional or casual environment.
- These shoes are designed specifically to accommodate foot conditions, including Hammertoes, Bunions, and feet affected by Diabetes, neuropathy, and Arthritis.
- The uppers are soft and flexible with an adjustable strap.
- There are extra depth and a very roomy toe area, as well as availability in wider widths.
- You can add your own orthotics or just enjoy the premium Air Cushioned orthotic and ergonomic insole that is already there.
- The midsole offers lightweight shock absorbency, and the rubber outsole offers a durable grip.
The Aravon Danielle is a dress Style formal wear closed shoe with a slight heel and pointed toe, which still offers ample room for Hammertoes.
- Durable and genuine flexible and supple leather uppers available in a few neutral options.
- A slight heel in the polyurethane outsole and a supportive and shock absorbing midsole,
- Inside is a moisture wicking Dri-Lex lining.
- There is also a removable EVA and memory foam cushioned insole for comfort.
- This shoe is available in wider widths to choose from as you prefer.
Lightweight and comfortable sneakers have a wider toe box to accommodate Hammertoes and other foot conditions and deformities.
- Lycra with mesh inserts for breathability and a Seamless lining to prevent friction and irritation.
- There are an additional toe room and width to accommodate Hammertoes and extra support and grip in the ankle area.
- Added depth to accommodate your own orthotic devices.
- The cushioned insert is removable and flexible for a better fit.
- A durable rubber outsole and shock absorbing midsole.
- Available in two color options and widths up to an XXXW.
- Velcro Closure strap.
The Pacific Rio from Vionic is a stylish and decorated slide-on sandal with a roomy toe box and straps designed to hide and accommodate Hammertoes and Bunions.
- Smooth and supple leather uppers with a Buckle strap and availability in many color options.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.\Slight Platform sole with a Molded comfort footbed and a Dual-density shock absorbing midsole,
- Easy slide on and off with smooth fabric linings in the uppers and footbed for moisture management.
Comfortable casual slip-on sneakers, ideal for every occasion, and the perfect walking shoes that accommodate Bunions and Hammertoes.
- Available in Neutral one and two-tone color variations with the Nucbuck feel Leather upper construction and elastic gore insets for easy on and off.
- The insole is cushioned and removable to accommodate your own orthotics,
- Cloudtespper comfort technology and an Orthoite air-cushioned lightweight footbed that also manages moisture.
- The durable rubber outsole offers good traction on many surfaces.
Dr. Scholls Madison is a comfortable slip-on Loafer design shoe with a relaxed fit system and memory foam insole ideal for hammertoes and other foot conditions.
- Smooth textile uppers are lightweight and breathable.
- Comfortably cushioned Memory foam Insole.
- Durable rubber outsole and shock absorbing midsole.
- Cool Fit cooling and moisture-wicking cushioned insole.
- Available in many different colors and prints to choose from as you prefer.
The Celina is a formal style dress shoe with an extra depth design toe for Hammertoes and other foot deformities.
- Wide toe box with a non-binding fit and extra depth.
- Available in broader width options.
- Comfortable leather uppers in a dress-style court shoe design.
- A low heel ensures less pressure and better support and stability in the heel area.
- Air-cushioned, ergonomic sole with arch support.
- Shock absorbing midsole and a high traction durable rubber outsole.
A comfortable and accommodating Dress shoe from Skechers for Hammertoes.
- It is available in soft pastels and neutral color selections for the uppers, with a durable and shock absorbing white rubber outsole.
- The uppers consist of soft and adaptable woven mesh fabric that is breathable and lightweight.
- Inside is an Air-cooled full-length and removable memory foam insole.
Extra-depth and wider width design of a casual athletic shoe from Skechers, which is ideal for Hammertoes.
- Soft and supple leather uppers with a roomy and extra depth toe design.
- Comfortable cushioned collar and insole.
- EVA shock-absorbing foam midsole.
- Durable high traction outsole.
- Available in wider width options to accommodate Hammertoes.
The Asics Gel Nimbus is a superb running and walking shoe, which is also ideal for Hammertoes.
- The mesh and synthetic uppers are breathable and lightweight, and it offers an accommodating and roomy toe fit.
- Shock absorbing midsole and a high traction rubber outsole.
- The tongue and collar are padded for your comfort, and there is a cushioned insole.
- The supportive heel clutch ensures better stability and form.
The Calmly is a casual and semi-dress style shoes with a perfect fit for hammertoes.
- the shoe is available in a wider fit and offer a more roomy toe box.
- The uppers consist of leather and mesh.
- There are a soft and plush memory foam insole and a flexible sole.
- The midsole offers good shock absorbency and cushioning.
The Asics Gel Excite is available in more accommodating wider widths and offers excellent shock absorbency.
- The Jacquard mesh upper has multiple directional meshes for better stability in ventilation.
- There are wider widths available if needed.
- There are a shock-absorbing Amplifoam midsole and an Ortholite cushioned sock liner.
- The rubber outsole is durable and offers good traction.
One of my top favorites for Hammertoes is the New Balance 680-V6, which can be running, walking, or just casual wearing a shoe.
- The uppers are very flexible soft, and breathable that is ideal for Hammertoes.
- There is excellent underfoot cushioning with the NB Insert.
- The shoe is likewise available in wider width selection and a few color options.
- Ther is also a high shock absorbing Injection Molded EVA, ABZORB technology midsole, and durable rubber outsole.
The Skechers Sport Breathe easy is light, flexible in fit, and available in wider widths for Hammertoes and similar conditions.
- The Upper consists of soft mesh knit fabric that is very light and breathable.
- Inside is a removable cushioned insole.
- A thick rubber outsole and supportive midsole provide good shock absorbency and durability.
- There are also quite a few colors to choose from.
- The shoe is available in wider width options.
The Cobb Hill Ireland sandal has a closed toe to hide hammertoes and wider fit options to accommodate the condition.
- The upper is genuine leather with a closed-toe design.
- There is an adjustable buckle back strap.
- You can choose from a few neutral colors available.
- Inside is a comfortable EVA cushioned footbed.
- There is also a durable rubber outsole.
The Skechers Performace Go Walk is a comfortable slip-on walking shoe for Hammertoes.
- The shoe offers you a large variety of bold, bright, and neutral color options.
- The uppers are a soft and breathable mesh, and there are wide-width options available.
- Inside is a comfortable Ortholite antibacterial sock liner for comfort and wearing without socks.
- The sole has 360-degree flex, and there is a Reslayte cushioning midsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hammertoe
|1||Propet Women's TravelActiv - Hammertoe Casual Sneakers||Propet||98.6|
|2||Drew Shoe Women's Cascade - Casual Sandals for Hammertoes||Drew Shoe||98|
|3||Orthofeet Women's Springfield - Hammertoe Accomodating Mary Jane Shoes||Orthofeet||97.8|
|4||Aravon Women's Danielle - Hammertoe Flat Shoes||Aravon||96|
|5||Apis Women's Emey - Wide Width Sneakers for Hammertoes||Apis||97|
|6||Vionic Women's Pacific Rio Platform - Hammertoe Accomodating Sandals||Vionic||98|
|7||Clarks Cloudsteppers Women's Sillian - Hammertoe Slip On Shoes||Clarks Cloudsteppers||99|
|8||Dr. Scholl’s Women's Madison - Loafers for Hammertoes||Dr. Scholl’s||97|
|9||Orthofeet Women's BioHeels Vera - heeled Hammertoe Dress Shoes||Orthofeet||98|
|10||Skechers Women's Seager - Dress Shoes for Hammertoes||Skechers||98|
|11||Skechers Women's Energy - Wide Width Hammertoe Sneaker||Skechers||97|
|12||Asics Women's Gel Nimbus 23 - Hammertoe Running Shoe||Asics||99|
|13||Skechers Women's Breathe EasyCalmly - Hammertoe Athletic Dress Shoe||Skechers||97.4|
|14||Asics Women's Gel Excite 8 - Hammertoe Pain Shoe||Asics||97.7|
|15||New Balance Women's 680V7 - Hammer Toe Shoes||New Balance||98|
|16||Skechers Women's Breathe Easy - Shoe for Hammertoes||Skechers||97.3|
|17||Cobb Hill Women's Ireland - Sandal for Hammertoes||Cobb Hill||97|
|18||Skechers Women's Performance Go Walk - Slip On Shoes for Arthritic Feet||Skechers||97.8|
Table of Contents
- Can Your Shoes Cause and Aggravate Hammertoes
- Shoes To Avoid: that can Cause and Aggravate Hammertoes
- Features of a Good Shoe for Hammertoes
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hammertoe
- Propet® Women's TravelActiv Hammertoe Casual Sneakers
- Drew Shoe® Women's Cascade Casual Sandals for Hammertoes
- Orthofeet® Women's Springfield Hammertoe Accomodating Mary Jane Shoes
- Aravon® Women's Danielle Hammertoe Flat Shoes
- Apis® Women's Emey Wide Width Sneakers for Hammertoes
- Vionic® Women's Pacific Rio Platform Hammertoe Accomodating Sandals
- Clarks Cloudsteppers® Women's Sillian Hammertoe Slip On Shoes
- Dr. Scholl’s® Women's Madison Loafers for Hammertoes
- Orthofeet® Women's BioHeels Vera heeled Hammertoe Dress Shoes
- Skechers® Women's Seager Dress Shoes for Hammertoes
- Skechers® Women's Energy Wide Width Hammertoe Sneaker
- Asics® Women's Gel Nimbus 23 Hammertoe Running Shoe
- Skechers® Women's Breathe EasyCalmly Hammertoe Athletic Dress Shoe
- Asics® Women's Gel Excite 8 Hammertoe Pain Shoe
- New Balance® Women's 680V7 Hammer Toe Shoes
- Skechers® Women's Breathe Easy Shoe for Hammertoes
- Cobb Hill® Women's Ireland Sandal for Hammertoes
- Skechers® Women's Performance Go Walk Slip On Shoes for Arthritic Feet
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hammertoe