Hammertoes, which are toes that bend and curl more downward than pointing forward as they should, can be quite uncomfortable and painful, especially when you are not wearing the right kind of shoes.
Can Your Shoes Cause and Aggravate Hammertoes
There are many causes and risk factors to Hammertoes, and yes, your shoes are a culprit.
Here are a few of the leading causes;
- High Arches – Individuals with High arches are prone to get Hammertoes, and therefore need footwear with the proper cushioning and arch support in order to prevent Hammertoes form developing.
Bunions – Bunions cause pressure on your feet, which in turn may also result in Hammertoes developing.
Tension and Old Injuries – Old injuries or tension in the tendons can cause your toes to curl up, resulting in Hammertoes. Treating injuries and tension by wearing proper footwear may also help to prevent this n this case.
Improper Footwear – Shoes that are too tight, or even loos, and that do not offer any support can lead to the aggravation and even development of Hammertoes.
Shoes To Avoid: that can Cause and Aggravate Hammertoes
- High Heels – High heel cause the forefoot to be bunched up in the toe area of the shoe and places extreme pressure on the heels and forefoot, which all in all has so many health and injury risk, of which Hammertoes is one.
Flat Shoes – Shoes that are very flat offer no support or shock absorbency and may lead to foot conditions including Hammertoes.
Pointed and Narrow Toes – Pointed and Narrow toe shoes are one of the main causes of Bunions, hammertoes, and bunionettes as they place unreasonable pressure on the forefoot and toe area.
Features of a Good Shoe for Hammertoes
- Wider Width Availability – Available in wider width options which accommodate Hammertoes and Bunions and are ideal for a wider foot type.
- Roomy Toe Box – A roomy toe box give ample toe room and prevents pressure on painful hammertoes.
- Soft and Flexible Uppers – The soft and flexible uppers will mold to the shape of your feet and not cause pressure on Hammertoes.
- Cushioning and Support – Cushioning offers shock absorbency and good arch support helps to alleviate and prevent foot issues that can lead to Hammertoes and other deformities.
- Stability Heel – Offer better stability and motion control along with some sophistication in dress shoe.
- Outsole – A durable rubber outsole that will last longer and offer good grip and traction.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hammertoe
Below are your Best Options in a variety of shoe types for Hammertoes;
The Propet TravelActiv is the ideal hammertoe accommodating casual walking shoe that is available in wider width options.
- The Outsole is very lightweight and flexible and made from durable rubber.
- Durable synthetic uppers with a mesh inset for breathability.
- Secure and adjustable lace-up system.
- Available in wider widths and has a roomy toe box area.
- Fully cushioned footbed and moisture-wicking interior lining.
- Availan;e inmany color options to choose from.
The Cascade from Drew Shoes is a casual leather sandal that offers a highly adjustable fit and a soft and cushioned platform.
- Coes in a soft Nubuck leather with lined and padded uppers straps that are fully adjustable.
- Available in a few neutral color variations.
- The footbed is cushioned and removable with additional metatarsal support.
- There is a very lightweight EVA midsole for shock absorbency and a highly durable rubber outsole for better grip on slippery surfaces.
- This sandal is also available in wider width options.
Comfortable and casual all occasion and everyday wear mary janes that accommodate your Bunions and Hammertoes. They will make the ideal work shoes for a professional or casual environment.
- Thes shoes are designed specifically to accommodate foot conditions, including Hammertoes, Bunions, and feet affected by Diabetes, neuropathy, and Arthritis.
- The uppers are soft and flexible with an adjustable strap.
- There are extra depth and a very roomy toe area, as well as availability in wider widths.
- You can add your own orthotics or just enjoy the premium Air Cushioned orthotic and ergonomic insole that is already there.
- The midsole offers lightweight shock absorbency, and the rubber outsole offers a durable grip.
The Aravon Danielle is a dress Style formal wear closed shoe with a slight heel and pointed toe, which still offers ample room for Hammertoes.
- Durable and genuine flexible and supple leather uppers available in a few neutral options.
- A slight heel in the polyurethane outsole and a supportive and shock absorbing midsole,
- Inside is a moisture wicking Dri-Lex lining.
- There is also a removable EVA and memory foam cushioned insole for comfort.
- This shoe is available in wider widths to choose from.
Lightweight and comfortable sneakers that have a wider toe box to accommodate Hammertoes and other foot conditions and deformities.
- Leather upper with mesh inserts for breathability and a Seamless lining to prevent friction and irritation.
- There is an additional toe room and width to accommodate Hammertoes and extra support and grip in the ankle area.
- Added depth to accommodate your own orthotic devices.
- The cushioned insert is removable and flexible for a better fit.
- A durable rubber outsole and shock absorbing midsole.
- Available in two color options and widths up to an XXXW.
The Pacific Rio from Vionic is a stylish and decorated slide on sandal that has a roomy toe box and straps designed to hide and accommodate Hammertoes and Bunions.
- Smooth and supple leather uppers with a Buckle strap and availability in many color options.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.\Slight Platform sole with a Molded comfort footbed and a Dual-density shock absorbing midsole,
- Easy slide on and off with smooth fabric linings in the uppers and footbed for moisture management.
Comfortable casual slip-on sneakers that are ideal for every occasion and the perfect walking shoes that accommodate Bunions and Hammertoes.
- Available in Neutral one and two-tone color variations with the Nucbuck feel Leather upper construction and elastic gore insets for easy on and off.
- The insole is cushioned and removable to accommodate your own orthotics,
- Cloudtespper comfort technology and an Orthoite air-cushioned lightweight footbed that also manages moisture.
- The durable rubber outsole offers good traction on many surfaces.
Dr. Scholls Madison is a comfortable slip-on Loafer design shoe with a relaxed fit system and memory foam insole ideal for hammertoes and other foot conditions.
- Smooth textile uppers are lightweight and breathable.
- Comfortably cushioned Memory foam Insole.
- Durable rubber outsole and shock absorbing midsole.
- Cool Fit cooling and moisture-wicking cushioned insole.
- Available in many different colors and prints to choose from.
The Comfortable 2 Is a Bio heel technology heeled formal style dress shoe with an extra depth design toe for Hammertoes and other foot deformities.
- Wide toe box with a non-binding fit and extra depth.
- Available in broader width options.
- Comfortable leather uppers in a dress style court shoe design.
- A medium heel with Bioheel technology that ensures less pressure and better support and stability in the heel area.
- Air-cushioned, ergonomic sole with arch support.
- Shock absorbing midsole and a high traction durable rubber outsole.
A comfortable and accommodating Dress shoe from Skechers for Hammertoes.
- Available in soft pastels and neutral color selections for the uppers, with a durable and shock absorbing white rubber outsole.
- The uppers consist of soft and adaptable woven mesh fabric that is breathable and lightweight.
- Inside is an Air-cooled full length and removable memory foam insole.
An extra depth and wider width design a casual athletic shoe from Skechers which is ideal for Hammertoes.
- Soft and supple leather uppers with a roomy and extra depth toe design.
- Comfortable cushioned collar and insole.
- EVA shock-absorbing foam midsole.
- Durable high traction outsole.
- Available in wider width options toe accommodate Hammertoes.
The Asics Gel Nimbus is a superb running and walking shoe which is also ideal for Hammertoes.
- The mesh and synthetic uppers are breathable and lightweight and it offers an accommodating and roomy toe fit.
- Shock absorbing midsole and a high traction rubber outsole.
- The tongue and collar are padded for your comfort and there is a cushioned insole.
- The supportive heel clutch ensures better stability and form.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hammertoe
Table of Contents
- Can Your Shoes Cause and Aggravate Hammertoes
- Shoes To Avoid: that can Cause and Aggravate Hammertoes
- Features of a Good Shoe for Hammertoes
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hammertoe
- Propet® Women's TravelActiv Hammertoe Casual Sneakers
- Drew Shoe® Women's Cascade Casual Sandals for Hammertoes
- Orthofeet® Women's Springfield Hammertoe Accomodating Mary Jane Shoes
- Aravon® Women's Danielle Hammertoe Flat Shoes
- Apis® Women's Emey Wide Width Sneakers for Hammertoes
- Vionic® Women's Pacific Rio Platform Hammertoe Accomodating Sandals
- Clarks Cloudsteppers® Women's Sillian Hammertoe Slip On Shoes
- Dr. Scholl’s® Women's Madison Loafers for Hammertoes
- Orthofeet® Women's BioHeels Vera heeled Hammertoe Dress Shoes
- Skechers® Women's Seager Dress Shoes for Hammertoes
- Skechers® Women's Energy Wide Width Hammertoe Sneaker
- Asics® Women's Gel Nimbus 21 Hammertoe Running Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hammertoe