Cracked heels usually occur when there is a disruption in the skin barrier on your heels.
Cracked heels can be painful and do not look very good, especially if you wear sandals.
Some shoe types can actually cause and aggravate cracked heels. That is why you need the best shoes for cracked heels.
In this article, we look at some of the best shoe options that are safe and comfortable for cracked heels and hide them.
Cracked Heels and How Your Shoes Affect Them
Basically, any variable that can dry out the skin or cause friction on your heels may cause cracked heels.
Wintertime and a lack of humidity in the air are likewise viable culprits for cracked heels.
Poorly fitting shoes that cause friction will aggravate and even cause cracked heels. Similarly, open back shoes can leave your heels open to wind and dry air, which in turn can cause your heels to crack.
When you stand for long periods of time, you may also experience cracked heels, particularly if you do not wear the proper footwear.
Some Tips on Treating Dry and Cracked Heels
There are, however, a few tips that you can follow to heal and prevent cracked heels;
DEC. 13, 201701:05
- Wear Proper Footwear – With Cracked heels, a high heeled shoe is your worst enemy, alongside the open heeled sandal, the pressure on your heels from a high heel, and the open design that is less protective from and opens back sandal can cause your heels to crack and make them much worse.
- Natural Socks – Not exactly cracked heels, but a moist and damp environment inside a closed shoe can quickly lead to fungal infections that resemble cracked heels. Thus more natural materails such as cotton and bamboo are advised to wear when it comes to socks.
- Seal Deep Cracks – Cracks in your heels that have become very deep and painful need to be sealed up with a liquid bandage to ease the pain and keep the wounds clean. An antibiotic ointment can also be used for faster healing.
- Groom Your Feet – Exfoliating and grooming your heels and feet regularly can help you remove dead and old skin and, in turn, keep a healthy skin layer to protect you against infections.
- Moisturize Your Feet – Last and most important in the treatment and prevention of cracked heels is to keep your feet Clean DNA well Moisturized. These two elements will nourish dry and cracked heels, prevent infection, and prevent the skin from drying out, which is basically what causes cracked heels.
Features of a Good Shoe for Cracked Heels
- Closed Heel – Shoes with a closed heel design will prtect cracked heesl as well as hide them to give you more confidence. Clsoed design shoes as well as some sandal modesl all offer you a closed heel style.
- Cotton and Lightweight Materials – Materails such as cotton and lightweight materails breathe well and will not agitate or scrape against cracked heels. Also, look for a smooth interior that does not cause chafing and friction that may aggravate cracked heels.
- Cushioning – For comfort mostly and to protect your cracked heels against hard impacts, good cushioning in the midsole and the insole is ideal.
- Comfortable Fit – If the fit of your shoes is uncomfortable, it can either cause pressure against painful and cracked heels or chafing if the shoe is too big. Both these cases may worsen and even cause more painful cracked heels.
- Outsole – The outsole is important in terms of durability and slip resistance . always look for a durable synthetic or rubber outsole that provides you with good traction.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Cracked Heels
These are a few shoe designs that are comfortable and flattering for ladies who have cracked heels;
The Skechers Go Walk Joy is a comfortable slip-on shoe that is ideal for cracked heels and comes in a huge variety of color selections.
- The Skechers Go Walk Joy has a slip-on design, so they are easy to put on and take off.
- The heel offers a snug and narrow fit to prevent heel chafing.
- The uppers are textile with a soft fabric lining to wick away excess moisture without drying out your feet.
- There is a parametric cushioned 5Gen midsole for comfort and cushioning.
- Inside is a breathable mesh liner and comfortable cushioned insole.
The Keen Newport H2 is one of your best options in a comfortable sports sandal if you have cracked heels.
- As a sports sandal for everyday wear, the Keen Newport H2 offers a perfect fit and hides away cracked heels.
- The uppers are soft and quick-drying textile material.
- The uppers consist of polyester webbing that is also washable.
- Inside is a compression molded Eva midsole for cushioning.
- The outsole is a durable and non-marking high traction design and rubber.
Something elegant and dressy for professional work environments and special occasions that will hide those nasty cracked heels and provide and comfortable fit.
- Something more classy and elegant with a closed and narrow heel hides cracked heels and will not chafe.
- The uppers are flattering leather straps, and there is an adjustable strap.
- There is a protective steel shank in the sole and a durable outsole.
- The shoe also has a shallow heel, which is ideal.
- There are some neutral color options available from which you can select.
The New Balance 680V6 model is an excellent choice in comfortable and breathable running shoes for ladies who have cracked heels.
- A favorite in running and walking shoes is the New Balance 680V6.
- They have a padded heel collar and width options so that you get a snug and comfortable fit.
- Inside are a shock-absorbing ABZORB midsole and ACTEVA cushioning technology.
- There is a moisture-wicking lining, and NB cushioned insert.
- The uppers are lightweight and breathable textile materails that also stretch and flex to your feet’ shape.
The Rory from Roxy is a lightweight and breathable shoe that consists of cotton material,s which are ideal for cracked heels.
- The Roxy Rory is a very light cotton material sneaker that will not dry out your feet.
- The heel has a fitted design that will not slip.
- The uppers are textile cotton, and inside is a terry cloth lining.
- There is a lightly padded insole as well as a Flexible TPR injected outsole and molded arch detail
The Rockport Total Motion Gladiator Sandal is the perfect dress shoe that will hide unsightly cracked heels and provide a cushioned and comfortable fit.
- The Upper of this stylish shoe has leather straps in a gladiator-style with a closed heel.
- The heel offers a supportive fit, and the shoe has a foam backed lining.
- Inside is a retention foam footbed for comfort and a textile lining.
- This sandal is very elegant and feminine for dressy occasions and professional environments.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Cracked Heels
|1||Skechers Women's Go Walk Joy - Slip On Shoe for Cracked Heels||Skechers||98.4|
|2||Keen Women's Newport H2 - Sporty Sandal for Cracked Heels||Keen||98.2|
|3||Rockport Women's Brynn - Cracked Heels Shoes||Rockport||97|
|4||New Balance Women's 680V6 - Cracked Heels Running Shoes||New Balance||97.7|
|5||Roxy Women's Rory - Cotton Shoe for Cracked Heels||Roxy||97|
|6||Rockport Women's Total Motion - Dress Shoe for Cracked Heels||Rockport||97.6|
Table of Contents
- Cracked Heels and How Your Shoes Affect Them
- Some Tips on Treating Dry and Cracked Heels
- Features of a Good Shoe for Cracked Heels
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Cracked Heels
- Skechers® Women's Go Walk Joy Slip On Shoe for Cracked Heels
- Keen® Women's Newport H2 Sporty Sandal for Cracked Heels
- Rockport® Women's Brynn Cracked Heels Shoes
- New Balance® Women's 680V6 Cracked Heels Running Shoes
- Roxy® Women's Rory Cotton Shoe for Cracked Heels
- Rockport® Women's Total Motion Dress Shoe for Cracked Heels
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Cracked Heels