The Oxford design shoes were introduced as a men’s dress shoe initially.
Yet today, the design has been simplified and elaborated as both a dress and casual shoe style that even comes in models for women.
In this article, we will look at some excellent choices in Oxford Shoes for ladies, and how to wear them.
Why Choose Oxford Shoes
Although there are casual styles available, the Oxford shoe is initially a more dressy style shoe, which is a hit for professional work environments among men and women.
But what makes them so accessible?
- Appearance – The Oxford shoe generally has a more formal and professional appeal to it that makes them acceptable for formal wear and office wear.
Fit – An Oxford shoe offers a more comfortable and correct to size fit, depending on the brand.
Durable – Because most Oxford shoes consist of leather ad n Goodyear Welt Stitching they are much more durable and last very long. Even some more affordable brands have shown to be more durable and well built.
No or Low Heels – Most women’s Oxford shoe designs have either no or low heel, which is just so much more comfortable and stable than very high heels, making them the perfect office wear shoes.
Middle Ground Option – Oxford shoes are an excellent middle ground option which are perfect for spring, summer, and autum or cooler weather conditions.
How to Wear Your Oxford Shoes
So you are desperate to get that pair of trendy Oxford shoes but do not know what to wear them with.
Well here are a few tips of how to dress in Oxford shoes;
- Jeans – A pair of Oxford-style shoes go well with any type f jeans, whether skinny, straight leg, bootleg and even flared jeans.
Dress Suits – A more formal design leather Oxford shoes look incredibly sophisticated and professional with a dress suit or casual dress pants.
Skirts and Dresses – An Oxford shoe also goes well with a tailored dress or skirt that is a mini or midi length. However, I would not advise wearing them with summery floral frocks and casual dresses, unless they are a casual Oxford style, such as the Canvas styles.
Features of a Good Oxford Shoe for Women
- Uppers – The uppers can be genuine or synthetic leather with a smooth, patent or suede finish. There is an Oxford-style and lace-up feature. Some models may have a moisture-wicking interior lining.
Insole – The insole is usually leather or other materials and can be padded or cushioned for comfort.
Midsole – Most design Oxford shoes may not have a cushioned midsole, but there are some models with an EVA midsole or foam midsole for shock absorbency.
Outsole – The Outsole can be flat or stacked, with synthetic materials or rubber, which is a better option. The design of the outsole should also provide durability and excellent traction.
Colors and Designs – You can select from many color options as well as design in Oxford shoes for ladies. There are also flat-soled, or platform soled designs.
Reviews: The Best Oxford Shoes for Women
These are some of the best available Oxford Design Shoes just for women;
The Ollio is a Wingtip Flat Soled Oxford Dress shoe for ladies.
- The Ollio has a fashionable and dressy style with two-tone colors which is typical in many designs in Oxford Dress shoes for women.
- There are also quite a few color options that you can choose from in this model, to perfectly suit your preference and style needs.
- The uppers are synthetic leather with a Wingtip style and perforations for breathability.
- There is a low heel and a flat sole which is mostly typical in the original design Oxford shoe for women.
From Cole Haan, the Original Grand Sticthlite is also a Wingtip Oxford shoe with a more casual style.
- The uppers are a soft and comfortable fabric that is highly breathable and very light in weight.
- The sole has a contrasting color in white and consists of durable rubber,
- The shoe has a uniform design sole with a slight heel to toe drop.
- The style is more casual for less formal occasions, and you can wear them with almost any outfit.
- You can also select from a few available color options.
The Eastland Sadie is an elegant two-toned Oxford shoe for women.
- You can wear the Sadie when you dress up for a special occasion and even for casual wear.
- The uppers are genuine leather with a breathable design and smooth linings.
- There is a lightly padded insole for your comfort.
- The sole is flat with a slight heel, and consist of durable rubber that also offers excellent traction.
- There are also a few color options form which you can choose according to your personal preference.
The Keds Champion is a Canvas upper oxford style sneaker for casual wear.
- The Oxford style sneaker is casual and light for summer wear and will look great with a skirt and dresses of all sorts.
- The Upper is Canvas and available in many color selections.
- There is a high grip durable rubber outsole, and a comfortable padded insole.
- The sole is flat and casual enough for everyday wear and for all occasions.
The Clarks Sharon Noel is a more comfortable design Oxford shoe for ladies.
- The EVA wedge outsole provides excellent shock absorbency and cushioning.
- There is also an Ortholite footbed and Cushion Soft technology for comfort.
- Smooth interior linings keep your feet dry and cool all day.
- The shoe is lightweight with suede leather uppers in black or Burgundy colors.
- You can also choose from different width options to suit your foot shape.
The Odema Oxford has a Wingtip design and medium heel.
- The Upper is a smooth PU leather, and there is a durable rubber outsole.
- You can choose from many color options as well as neutral colors in the Odema.
- There is a medium heel that makes this the perfect dress style Oxford shoe for ladies.
- It is advised to choose a half size up as this shoe tends to run quite narrow.
Index Table: Top Rated Oxford Shoes for Women
|1||Ollio Women's Wingtip - Comfortable Oxford Shoes for Women||Ollio||98.3|
|2||Cole Haan Women's Original Grand Stitch Lite - Breathable Oxford Shoes||Cole Haan||98|
|3||Eastland Women's Sadie - Oxford Shoes||Eastland||97|
|4||Keds Women's Champion - Sneaker Style Oxford Shoes||Keds||97|
|5||Clarks Women's Sharon Noel - Suede Leather Oxford Shoe||Clarks||98|
|6||Odema Women's Pumps - Heeled Oxford Shoes||Odema||95.8|
Table of Contents
- Why Choose Oxford Shoes
- How to Wear Your Oxford Shoes
- Features of a Good Oxford Shoe for Women
- Reviews: The Best Oxford Shoes for Women
- Ollio® Women's Wingtip Comfortable Oxford Shoes for Women
- Cole Haan® Women's Original Grand Stitch Lite Breathable Oxford Shoes
- Eastland® Women's Sadie Oxford Shoes
- Keds® Women's Champion Sneaker Style Oxford Shoes
- Clarks® Women's Sharon Noel Suede Leather Oxford Shoe
- Odema® Women's Pumps Heeled Oxford Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Oxford Shoes for Women