Shoes that offer good support and cushioning will take excess pressure off your feet as well as your knees and provide superb comfort and relief from knee pain.
The best New Balance shoes for knee pain have features that are ideal in this regard.
Knee Pain and Its Causes
Your knees are one of the larger joints in your body, and they take on their fair share of impact daily. This explains why knee pain is so common among so many people.
Knee pain can be caused by inflammation in the knees and other conditions. This can also be due to muscle weakness in the knees, lifting heavy items, performing high-impact fitness routines, and ill-fitting shoes.
In general proper shoes can help your knees in all these causes.
Knee pain can happen to anyone at any age or stage of their lives for many reasons, but one thing I know is that the right footwear can protect your knees, as well as help to relieve much of the pain and symptoms.
New Balance shoes have features and designs that I have noted to be the absolute best for relieving and preventing knee pain.
The Best and Worst Kinds of Shoes for Your Knees
But before we get into the best New Balance shoes for your knee pain, let us first look at what is the best and the worst types of shoes when it comes to knee pain and its causes;
- The Worst Kinds of Shoes for Knee Pain – Not all shoes are good for your walking, standing, or running in, and they can actually add pressure to your joints, including your knee joints, causing more damage and pain. High heels increase pressure in the front, are off your feet, and push your feet in an unnatural forward position that causes irregular pressure and movement. High heels should be avoided at all costs if you have weak or painful knees. Shoes that are completely flat soles with no cushioning or support features are just as bad for your knees as there is nothing to absorb impact, which then goes straight to your joints.
- The Best Shoes for Knee Pain – Athletic and running design shoes are the absolute best types of shoes for knee pain and weak knees. I know they are not always suitable for all occasions, however with technology today, you can get more formal styled athletic shoes, even in New Balance models. Athletic and running shoes provide good cushioning and support features, such as stability and flexibility, arch support, and shock absorbency, which are ideal for reducing pressure on your feet and knees and ensuring proper alignment. Without has more bendable and flexibility that restricts movement is ideally suited for knee pain. They should fit well and allow for a more natural gait when you walk or run, rather than restricting your movement.
Features of a Good New Balance Shoe for Knee Pain
New Balance shoes offer some superb features that will help to prevent and ease the symptoms of knee pain, and here are a few of these characteristics;
- Uppers – For the Uppers, most New balance shoe models will have mesh and synthetic materials that allow for structural integrity as well as excellent breathability and a comfortable, flexible fit. They may be mesh, engineered mesh options, and some models are entirely leather. Inside you will find a soft and seamless moisture-wicking interior lining for your comfort and to keep your feet dry.
- Midsole and Cushioning – New Balance shoes mostly come with their signature and removable cushioned insole. The midsole options you have are the ACTEVA, and REVLite midsoles that are the most lightweight, the Fresh Foam Midsole that is plusher and cushioned, the IMEVA, and EVA midsoles offer slightly firmer cushioning and shock absorbency. The popular ABZORB cushioning system also offers exceptional shock absorbency. In addition, some models have a more molded footbed with an Ortholite sock liner for moisture-wicking cushioning and better-cradled support.
- Outsole – New balance shoes generally have a rubber outsole or an NDurance rubber outsole that is improved in high wear areas for better abrasion resistance. In addition, the tread is designed for maximum grip and traction.
- Fit – The New Balance shoe for knee pain range generally offers a medium fit. However, you do get options with an Ultra Heel to hug the back of your foot for better stability or the more supportive bootie fit design. The 3D print fit is also quite supportive. The fit will depend on the specific model. There are also width options available.
- Options – New Balance shoes for knee pain offer many choices in some fashionable color options, as well as width options.
Reviews: The Best New Balance Shoes for Knee Pain
So, here are our top picks in shoes from New Balance that offers you the best comfort and support for knee pain;
Shoes for Knee Pain
- The New Balance 680V6 is one of my personal favorites for knee pain, especially after a knee injury.
- It has very lightweight and flexible uppers that breathe well and keep you cool.
- You can choose between a medium or wide fit option.
- It has EVA and ABZORB cushioning for impact resistance and an ACTEVA midsole for softer and more flexible cushioning,
- It is lightweight and comfortable as well as available in many color options.
Knee Pain Shoe
- The New Balance 1080 range has Fresh Foam technology that is soft and comfortable.
- The Fresh Foam midsole is ultra-cushioned and lightweight.
- The uppers have a more snug bootie-like fit with mesh.
- There is a moisture-wicking Ortholite sock liner.
- The Ultra-heel design hugs the back of your heel for light stability and ankle protection.
Shoe for Knee Pain
- The New Balance 608V7 is a Cross-training shoe for knee pain.
- It has genuine leather uppers and a durable high traction rubber outsole.
- The Midsole features ABZORB technology and is more flexible.
- There is a dual-density foam collar for a more comfortable fit.
- You can also select from quite a few available color options.
Shoe for Knee Pain
- The Fresh Foam 880 range from New Balance is also very promising for painful knees.
- The uppers are mesh and synthetic for breathability.
- There is a Fresh Foam midsole for cushioning and a molded external heel cup for better stability.
- The Molded footbed also helps with alignment and provides proper comfort.
Knee Pain Shoe
- The New Balance Roav range also features the plush and energizing Fresh Foam technology in the midsole for cushioning.
- The uppers are synthetic, and there are many colors available.
- This range also features an ultra-heel that hugs the heel for better alignment.
- The outsole is a durable high traction rubber.
Trail Shoe for Knee Pain
- The Fresh Foam Hierro from New Balance is a Trail running shoe for Knee Pain.
- The Uppers are mesh and synthetic with TPU zonal threads for support and protection in more high wear areas.
- The shoe offers a snug bootie-like fit that is more supportive.
- There is a fresh foam shock absorbing midsole and a cushioned insole.
- There are also more colors available to you.
Index Table: Top Rated New Balance Shoes for Knee Pain
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Shoes for Knee Pain||680V6||80V6||New Balance||98.2|
|2||New Balance® - Knee Pain Shoe||1080V11||1080V11||New Balance||98|
|3||New Balance® - Shoe for Knee Pain||608V7||608V7||New Balance||97.5|
|4||New Balance® - Shoe for Knee Pain||880V11||880V11||New Balance||97|
|5||New Balance® - Knee Pain Shoe||Fresh Foam Roav V1||Fresh Foam Roav V1||New Balance||97.3|
|6||New Balance® - Trail Shoe for Knee Pain||Fresh Foam Hierro V6||Fresh Foam Hierro V6||New Balance||97|
Table of Contents
- Knee Pain and Its Causes
- The Best and Worst Kinds of Shoes for Your Knees
- Features of a Good New Balance Shoe for Knee Pain
- Reviews: The Best New Balance Shoes for Knee Pain
- Shoes for Knee Pain
- Knee Pain Shoe
- Shoe for Knee Pain
- Shoe for Knee Pain
- Knee Pain Shoe
- Trail Shoe for Knee Pain
- Index Table: Top Rated New Balance Shoes for Knee Pain