As you might have noticed already, one of the fastest-growing footwear classes is the Knit design. Initially pioneered by Nike as their Flyknit range, many other brands are following the Knit sneaker construction method.
In this article, I will take a look at some of the best available Knit Sneaker and Sneaker options that you can find on the market today.
Some Knit Sneaker Facts
The Knit design in footwear has radically simplified the sneaker construction technique and has saved on labor by using a machine that knits at high speeds.
The knit upper sneaker is evolving at a fast pace to newer and more advanced technologies and designs.
Here are a few fast facts on the Knit upper Sneaker;
- Stertch Knit Combination – The Knit upper combine a stretchable and non-stretchable combination of fibers that allows for flexible movement and an adaptable fit.
- 3D and 4D Knit – These methods employ the use of different fibers and different colored fiber for a 3D or 4D appearance and more color depth.
- TPU and Synthetic Overlays – TPU and Synthetic materials are used to protect the knit fabric from snags in high wear areas.
- Weaving Pads – There is a new innovation where pads are weaved into the knit structure for a more comfortable design.
- Many Fibers – The Knit structure can be manufacture with an extensive choice of fibers and is not limited to individual fibers only.
- Breathable and Flexible – Knit uppers are more breathable and flexible than any other upper designs.
The Benefits of a Knit Sneaker
Here are a few of the Main Benefits of a Knit upper sneaker;
- Breathable – Knit sneakers are the most breathable and lightweight in sneaker maetarils.
- Flexible – The Knit upper can be blended with elastic materials that give you flexible upper that move with you and adapt to the unique form of your feet.
- Color Depth – The 3D and 4D Knit upper design techniques allow for more than two color fibers to be used so that in-depth and combination colors and patterns can be knit into the sneaker upper for more variety.
- Durable – Knit uppers are extremely durable and will last quite long, depending on the fibers used. Almost any fiber can be used to improve the durability of the uppers.
Features of a Good Flyknit Sneaker
- Uppers – Textile with synthetic overlays or without. Textile or fabric uppesr can be knit or woven.
- Footbed and Midsole – A cushioned footbed with either Gel, Foam, or Memory Foam cushioning. EVA can be used in the midsole for shock absorbency.
- Outsole – Usually rubber is used in most sneaker outsole as it provides the best traction.
- Support Technologies – Support technologies such as an internal shank, heel cup, stability features or heel support and arch support can be used.
- Options – You will be able to select from many color and style options. Some sneakers may even have more than two colors in their upper with a 3D or 4D print effect.
Reviews: The Best Knit Sneakers
Below are some of the most popular and sought after knit sneakers that you will find;
Breathable Knit Sneakers
One of the most popular and quite hard to find Flyknit sneakers on the market is the Vapormax from Nike.
- The Vapormax Air Technology ensures an extremely lightweight and soft feel.
- The Stretchable knit upper is beatable and adapts to your movements and foot shape.
- There are also rubber pods in the sole on high wear areas for added resistance.
- A midfoot cage likewise ensures excellent stability and support.
Lightweight Knit Sneakers
The Adidas Cloudfoam technology range is also quite popular when it comes to Knit upper design sneakers and running sneakers.
- There are textile knit upper that is extremely lightweight and breathable.
- The sole has a platform design and a rubber outsole.
- There is Cloudfoam technology cushioning that is highly responsive and comfortable..
- The design hugs the foot with a snug and flexible fit.
- You can choose between plenty of color options.
The Zoku is a lightweight and comfortable sneaker for casual wear, which also boats the popular Knit upper construction.
- There are textile and synthetic knit upper for lightweight ventilation and a comfortable fit.
- The insole is cushioned for comfort, and there is a shock-absorbing EVA midsole.
- The low cut design ensures a comfortable fit and is more lightweight.
- There is also a high traction durable rubber outsole.
- You can choose fro many colors available in this sneaker model.
Gel Cushioned Knit Sneakers
The Asics Gel Kayano from their Tiger range boasts a fly knit upper design with the GEL cushioning Sole.
- The Knit upper is lightweight breathable with a woven design for flexibility.
- There is a secure lace-up system for a snug fit.
- The Footbed is lightly padded for cushioning, and there is Gel cushioning for shock absorbency.
- The rubber outsole is durable and ensures excellent traction.
- Ther are also a few neutral greys, whites, and black color options available.
Sleek Knit Sneakers
The Nike Epic React features the Flyknit upper as well as extremely responsive cushioning technology for runners.
- There is a fabric fly knit upper and a supportive upper fit for comfort and security.
- The React Foam technology provides a softer and more responsive ride.
- There is also a heel cage and TPU heel clip for better stability in assuring fit.
- The rubber outsole provides excellent traction and durability.
Slip On Knit Sneakers
Here we have two slip-on sneakers from Skechers, both with Knit technology upper and comfortable, supportive design.
- The upper consists of durable and flexible, knit mesh.
- There are comfortable memory foam insole and a durable synthetic sole.
- You can choose between a few color selection in both these models.
- These sneakers are ideal for everyday casual wear and have an easy slip on and off the design.
Mesh Knit Sneakers
The Skechers Ultra Flex is a Knit Mesh design sneaker for everyday wear.
- The uppers are a knit mesh with a fabric lining.
- The sole is flexible and comfortable with a rubber outsole.
- There are a soft cushioned insole and a supportive midsole.
- Some color options are available to you.
Knit Running Sneakers
The Adidas Pureboost is a Knit upper running shoe.
- The uppers are a soft and comfortable knit fabric.
- There is a Stretch web design rubber outsole for better underfoot flexing.
- The insole is cushioned for comfort, and there is a Fitcounter Molded heel support.
- You can also choose from a few blended knit color options.
Hypoknit Upper Sneaker
The New Balance 880V10 has the popular design Hypoknit mesh uppers.
- There is a durable Blown Rubber outsole for support and a 10 mm heel to toe drop.
- Fresh Foam cushioning is plush for underfoot comfort.
- The Hyponkit Uppers, are breathable and flexible.
- You can also choose from a few color options in this shoe model.
Index Table: Top Rated Knit Sneakers
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Nike® - Breathable Knit Sneakers||Air Vapormax Flyknit 3||Air Vapormax Flyknit 3||Nike||98.6|
|2||Adidas® - Lightweight Knit Sneakers||Kaptur||Cloudfoam||Adidas||98.2|
|3||Reebok® - Knit Sneakers||Zoku||Zoku||Reebok||96.5|
|4||Asics Tiger® - Gel Cushioned Knit Sneakers||Gel Kayano 27||Gel Kayano 27||Asics Tiger||97.8|
|5||Nike® - Sleek Knit Sneakers||Epic React Flyknit||Epic Flyknit||Nike||97|
|6||Skechers® - Slip On Knit Sneakers||Equalizer 2.0||Ultra Flex Harmonious||Skechers||96.8|
|7||Skechers® - Mesh Knit Sneakers||Ultra Flex 2.0||Ultra Flex Statements||Skechers||97.8|
|8||Adidas® - Knit Running Sneakers||Pureboost||Pureboost||Adidas||97.5|
|9||New Balance® - Hypoknit Upper Sneaker||880V10||880V10||New Balance||97.8|
Table of Contents
- Some Knit Sneaker Facts
- The Benefits of a Knit Sneaker
- Features of a Good Flyknit Sneaker
- Reviews: The Best Knit Sneakers
- Breathable Knit Sneakers
- Lightweight Knit Sneakers
- Knit Sneakers
- Gel Cushioned Knit Sneakers
- Sleek Knit Sneakers
- Slip On Knit Sneakers
- Mesh Knit Sneakers
- Knit Running Sneakers
- Hypoknit Upper Sneaker
- Index Table: Top Rated Knit Sneakers