Boat shoes were initially designed for wearing on the deck of a boat.
Yet today, these comfortable summer shoes are designed for fashionability and style.
What Constitutes a Proper Boat Shoe
The Modern Boat shoe was invented in 1935 in America, by initially cutting siping into the soles of the shoes to prevent it from slipping on icy boat surfaces. The first Boating shoe company to exist was called Sperry, and they still design some of the best Boating Shoes available today.
In general, a Boating shoe has a white or another color non-marking rubber outsole and a Most-Toe like upper construction.
How to wear Your Boat Shoes
Whether it is for fashion or on an actual Boat there are a few tips on how you could wear your new pair of Boating Shoes;
- No Show Socks – Most Boating shoes are designed for wearing without socks, however, to prevent sweating or on the contrary to keep feet warm recommend a pair of No Show Socks with a lower vamp.
- Add Accessories – Becuaes Boat shoes do not have the most feminine style, I would recommend some feminine accessories with your outfits such as a scarf, jewelry or a floral design handbag.
- Bottoms – Jeans and Denim are always the best options to wear with boat shoes as they are a more casual style shoe. However, cropped pants and skirts or shorts also look great with Boat shoes.
- Occasions – When to wear Your Boat shoes? These shoes are better suited for summer and spring weather and are ideal for casual excursions.
- Colors – Rule of Thumb is that you Boat shoes always need to be a darker shade than your pants unless you are wearing white Boat shoes. However, with the patterns and colors available today, you can easily mix and match them. One excellent match is Denim color or Navy color boat shoes with a Khaki color bottom.
- When Not to Wear Your Boat Shoes – Boat shoes are not recommended in winter and should also not be worn to formal events.
Features of a Good Boat Shoe for Women
- Uppers – The upper can be made from textile materials or Canvas which is a lightweight synthetic or natural cotton derived material that breathable easily and is quick drying. There is also leather or synthetic leather upper which is more water-resistant and offers a bit more insulation and protection.
- Colors and Widths – Most Boat shoe styles come in two-tone color options and are available in Neutrals, Denisms and Pastel options. Ther are also some models that come in a wider width or narrow width selection.
- Comfort Technology – You can look forward to Responsive 5Gen Cushioning, Goga Max High rebound Cushioning, Memory Foam Padded Insole, EVA Insole or a shock-absorbing EVA midsole for comfort and cushioning as well as maximum impact protection.
- Outsole – The outsole is usually made from a durable rubber that has more lug or patterned treads for optimal slip resistance on floor surfaces such as boats and decks.
- Design – The design usually a slip-on with a fixed lace-up or Moccasin upper design.
- Linings – Most boat shoes are lined with a fabric lining and have a padded and lined insole to absorb and wick away moisture to keep your feet dry, as these shoe types are seldomly worn with socks.
Reviews: The Best Women’s Boat Shoes
These are some excellent choices in Boat Shoes that have the perfect fit and Boat Style for women;
One of the most sought after and fashionable Boat shoes on the market today is the Skechers GO Walk Lite Boat Shoe.
- The uppers comprise of a textile material with and EZ fit system for easy on and off.
- There is a lightweight and responsive 5Gen cushioning system, to absorb shock and provide comfort.
- There is also a Skechers Goga Max high rebound cushioning and energizing insole,
- A soft fabric lining will provide you with less friction and more dry and cooling comfort.
- The outsole is manufactured from a durable and high traction rubber.
- You can select between three different neutral grey shades in this model from Skechers.
The Go Walk Lite Boat shoe from Skechers is a lightweight and supportive walking Boat Style shoe.
- Soft and comfortable textile uppers with a Boat style design.
- A durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Inside there is lightweight and responsive 5G cushioning to absorb shock and provide comfort.
- There is also a Skechers Goga Max High Rebound insole for comfort and cushioning.
- This shoe is likewise lined with a soft and moisture-wicking fabric lining.
Sperry is a Top brand when it comes to Boat shoes, and their Original range is available in many colors that you can choose out of for your preferance.
- The Sperry Original is available in many neutral, pastel as well as denim colors for the uppers.
- The uppers are made from very durable and breathable textile materials and have a fixed lacing system for decoration.
- Inside is also a breathable and moisture-wicking textile lining.
- The footbed consists of plush memory foam for your comfort, and you can get this shoe in different width options.
- A durable rubber outsole ensures a good grip on most surface types.
The Malibu from Blowfish is a very colorful and patterned range of Canvas boat shoes for ladies.
- Features and easy slip on and off the design with a lightweight and breathable canvas uppers.
- This shoe is available in a large assortment of colors, patterns, and designs that you can choose from, I have chosen a colorful tye dye design out of the options.
- The outsole is made from flexible and durable rubber, and the insole is also lightly padded for your comfort.
From Step Glow, we have their superb Clarks brand boat style, shoe models.
- Textile and synthetic upper that is durable, and the shoe comes in two-toned colors in neutrals and navy blue.
- Inside is the popular Clarks Cloudtsteppers footbed and an Ortholite cushioned and moisture managing removable insole.
- There is also a durable TPR outsole made from high abrasion rubber.
- Overall the shoe is very lightweight and comfortable to wear.
The Eastland Solstice is a durable and more classic styled leather boat shoe available in many color options.
- The uppers consist of soft and durable genuine leather in a two-toned color design.
- Inside is a comfortable padded footbed and smooth interior lining.
- The durable rubber outsole is designed for optimal grip on a boat deck and similar surfaces.
- This shoe is available in a few neutral color selections to choose from as needed.
Another excellent model from Skechers in Boat shoes is the Glide Ultra Playa.
- Features soft and breathable canvas uppers with a fixed lace-up design n and availability in a few neutral colors.
- Inside are lightweight Ultra Go Cushioning and an Air Cooled Goga Mat insole to energize every step that you take.
- The canvas uppers are very durable, and there is a smooth and soft fabric lining to manage moisture and prevent friction.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent grip on all the necessary surface types.
The R&L is a Canvas upper Boat shoe that you can get in many color variations.
- The Upper consists of quick-drying and light canvas materials with availability in many colors.
- The design is easy to slip on and off, and there is a comfortable padded footbed.
- The sole is flexibly made from durable rubber with a high traction tread.
- These shoes are ideal for walking and all-day comfort.
The Charter Chambray from Keds is available in light walnut or light grey color option with Boat shoe details.
- The uppers consist of a softa, breathable fabric with a ghillie lace-up system.
- The insole is padded for your comfort, and there is a feminine the last Dream cushioned footbed.
- The rubber outsole offers excellent traction and absorbs shock.
- Choose between the Walnut or grey color option in your own preference.
Index Table: Top Rated Women’s Boat Shoes
|1||Skechers Women's Go Walk Lite - Boat Shoe||Skechers||99.8|
|2||Skechers Women's Go Walk Lite - Cushioned Boat Shoe||Skechers||98.1|
|3||Sperry Women's Authentic - Boat Style Shoe||Sperry||97|
|4||Blowfish Women's Malibu - Boat Shoe||Blowfish||97|
|5||Clarks Women's Step Glow - Boat Style Shoe||Clarks||97|
|6||Eastland Women's Solstice - Boat Style Shoe||Eastland||97|
|7||Skechers Women's Glide Ultra Playa - Comfortable Boat Shoe||Skechers||97|
|8||R&L Women's Canvas - Canvas Boat Shoe||R&L||96|
|9||Keds Women's Charter Chambray - Comfortable Boat Shoe||Keds||97|
Table of Contents
- What Constitutes a Proper Boat Shoe
- How to wear Your Boat Shoes
- Features of a Good Boat Shoe for Women
- Reviews: The Best Women’s Boat Shoes
- Skechers® Women's Go Walk Lite Boat Shoe
- Skechers® Women's Go Walk Lite Cushioned Boat Shoe
- Sperry® Women's Authentic Boat Style Shoe
- Blowfish® Women's Malibu Boat Shoe
- Clarks® Women's Step Glow Boat Style Shoe
- Eastland® Women's Solstice Boat Style Shoe
- Skechers® Women's Glide Ultra Playa Comfortable Boat Shoe
- R&L® Women's Canvas Canvas Boat Shoe
- Keds® Women's Charter Chambray Comfortable Boat Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Women’s Boat Shoes