Adidas is a brand that manufactures some of the most trusted and sought-after Hiking shoe models.
This article looks at some of their best available Hiking shoe models and what makes them so unique.
Why do You Need Proper Hiking Shoes
We start with the argument of why you need proper Hiking shoes rather than athletic shoes.
Well, for the most part, Hiking involves very long walks, usually on uneven and challenging terrains. So, naturally, this means that the footwear you wear must provide the right amount of grip and traction and stability for these surfaces.
Hiking shoes are more protective and resilient than most athletic shoes because they are designed specifically for outdoor terrains and elements.
There is also the waterproof and water-resistant factor that most Hiking shoes have for wet conditions and terrains.
Hiking shoes and boots generally provide much better ankle support to prevent strains and sprains, as uneven Hiking terrains cause instability and a risk for ankle injuries.
Generally, Hiking shoes also consist of materials that dry quickly, which is not the case with most athletic shoes that may carry moisture and water.
This said, you now hopefully know why it is vital to get proper Hiking shoes for Hiking.
Luckily, Adidas manufactures casual and athletic shoes and some of the best available Hiking shoes.
Choosing the Best Hiking Shoes
When you choose a Hiking shoe, what should you look for?
- In the Upper Portion of the Shoe – Full Grain leather or durable textile materials are the most durable options, although synthetic leather and Nylon are ideal. Most Hiking shoes come with a Waterproof Membrane such as Gore _etx, breathable and waterproof. When Hiking in colder climates, it is advised to look for Hiking shoes or boots with some form of insulation.
- The Midsole of Your Hiking Shoe – The Midsole provides shock absorbency and firmer support and will usually consist of a durable foam such as EVA. In addition, you want a firm sole that only flexes in the mid-area.
- Internal Support – Many Hiking shoes come with an internal shank or plate in the sole for firm support as well as for underfoot protection against punctures.
- Hiking Shoe Outsole – One of the Most Important Features of a Good Hiking shoe is the Outsole. The outsole, usually consisting of a durable rubber such as Continental or Vibram rubber, should have a lug tread for better grip and a heel brake to reduce sliding and slipping during steep descents.
Features of a Good Adidas Shoe for Hiking
- Uppers – Adidas Hiking shoe models can have upper consisting of leather, mesh, and textile materials such as Nylon, with a molded TPU protective toe cap. Gore-Tex is sometimes used as a waterproofing layer that is still very breathable.
- Comfort and Support Features – A EVA Sole cage helps add stability, while Cloudfoam sock liners provide underfoot cushioning and moisture-wicking properties. Lightweight EVA or Bounce Technology is used in the midsole for support and shock absorbency.
- Outsole – Most Adidas shoe models, especially Hiking shoe models have Continental Rubber Outsoles. Technologies such as Traxion grip are used for better grip on wet and slippery surfaces. The Tread of the outsole is likewise more lig and durable.
Reviews: The Best Adidas Shoes for Hiking
Below are some of the Best Available Adidas Hiking shoe models;
Trail Walking and Hiking Shoe
- The Terrex offers a roomy and comfortable fit.
- The uppers are mesh and synthetic with ripstop materials for durability.
- There is a lightweight EVA midsole for cushioning and a comfortable molded sock liner.
- The Surefooted Grip Rubber outsole consists of a durable Continental rubber with a lug pattern for excellent slip resistance on wet and dry surfaces.
Cushioned Hiking Shoe
- The shoe offers a roomy regular fit that is comfortable and lightweight.
- There are breathable mesh uppers for summer weather and warmer conditions.
- Inside is a Clopudfoam midsole and a moisture-wicking and cushioning Ortholite sock liner for your comfort.
- The Durable ASdiwear Outsole is designed to be more durable and provide a better grip on wet and slippery outdoor surfaces.
Shoe for Hiking
- There are durable textile uppers with seamless overlays that breathe well and provide good protection.
- Inside is a plush Cloudfoam Midsole for comfort and a durable textile lining.
- The Traxion rubber outsole offers maximum grip in all situations.
- You can also get this model in a few more color options.
Durable Shoe for Hiking
- The Upper is mesh and synthetic with a waterproof Gore-Tex lining that is extremely breathable and light.
- The durable rubber outsole jas a Traxion design for optimal grip on a variety of surfaces.
- The shoe offers a regular and comfortable fit.
- Tere is a Cushioned insole and a supportive midsole for comfort.
Adidas Hiking Shoe
- The uppers are synthetic and mesh with ripstop technology and TPU overlays for additional support.
- Ther is an interior moisture-wicking lining, as well as a breathable Gore-Tex waterproof lining.
- Inside for comfort, you get a cushioned insole and supportive midsole.
- The shoe has a TPU toe cap and a Traxion design outsole to prevent slips and falls for protection.
Shoe for Hiking
- For comfort, you can enjoy the Cloudfoam sock liner that also controls moisture and provides cushioning.
- The uppers are lightweight and breathable with mesh and TPU reinforcements for structure.
- There are a bounce technology midsole and a durable rubber outsole with a rugged design for stability and grip on outdoor terrains.
- The lace closure adds grip to the instep and secure closure.
Index Table: Top Rated Adidas Shoes for Hiking
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Adidas® - Trail Walking and Hiking Shoe||Terrex AX3||Terrex AX3||Adidas||98.4|
|2||Adidas® - Cushioned Hiking Shoe||Rockadia Trail 3.0||Rockadia Trail 3.0||Adidas||98|
|3||Adidas® - Shoe for Hiking||Response Trail X||Response Trail X||Adidas||96|
|4||Adidas® - Durable Shoe for Hiking||Terrex Eastrail||Terrex Eastrail||Adidas||97.8|
|5||Adidas® - Adidas Hiking Shoe||Terrex Swift R3||Terrex Swift R3||Adidas||97|
|6||Adidas® - Shoe for Hiking||Terrex Folgian||Terrex Folgian||Adidas||96|
Table of Contents
- Why do You Need Proper Hiking Shoes
- Choosing the Best Hiking Shoes
- Features of a Good Adidas Shoe for Hiking
- Reviews: The Best Adidas Shoes for Hiking
- Trail Walking and Hiking Shoe
- Cushioned Hiking Shoe
- Shoe for Hiking
- Durable Shoe for Hiking
- Adidas Hiking Shoe
- Shoe for Hiking
- Index Table: Top Rated Adidas Shoes for Hiking