Knee pain and problems can be quite uncomfortable and may disrupt your daily activities, even simple activities such as walking or running.
In many cases, improper footwear can be the cause of strain on your joints, which in turn leads to knee pain. The right footwear, however, can not only relieve knee pain and reduce problems, but also protect your knees against further pain, damage, and injuries.
Benefits of Wearing the Correct Shoes for Knee Pain
- Reduces Pain and Symptoms – You can significantly reduce the symptoms of knee issues by wearing the proper shoes. You will experience less to know knee pain, have better joint and knee mobility, and much less stiffness in the knees.
Protection – The right footwear can also help to protect your knees against impact and reduce your chances of experiencing injuries or overuse injuries and pain.
Better Mobility and Movement – You will likewise be able to enjoy activities without pain or stiffness and be able to perform better with proper footwear that supports and protects your knees.
Choosing The Correct Shoes For Knee Pain
Here are some of the factors to look for in shoes for your knee pain:
Say NO to High-Heels
High heels particularly narrow and pointed heels are bad for your knees, back, feet and health overall stay clear of high heels at all costs as they increase the stress on your feet and knees and do not spread weight or impact evenly. Rather opt for a flatter or chunky heel. Flat shoes are also not a good option as they do not absorb shock so choose something in between.
Well Cushioned Footwear
Cushioning and a padded footbed absorbs shock, reducing the impact on your knees and also spreads the weight evenly. Always look for footwear with a cushioned insole or footbed when you have knee problems.
A firm midsole will also reduce the shock from the impact on your feet while providing you with stable support.
Features of a Good Shoe for Knee Pain
- Cushioning and shock absorbency – A good cushioning system such as Gel, Foam, or memory foam is your best bet to absorb shock and provide comfort, similarly and EVA or foam midsole will help to attenuate shock which may impact your knees.
- Stability – A less flexible sole and stability features help to control excessive pronation, which may also lead to knee pain.
- Outsole – A slip-resistant rubber outsole can help to keep you firmly grounded, preventing slips and falls, which may further damage your knees.
- Uppers – Lightweight, breathable mesh and synthetic uppers keep your feet cool and well ventilated, and sandal straps need to fit comfortably.
Reviews: Top Shoes for Knee Problems
We have researched and selected a variety of some of the best available shoes to reduce knee pain and prevent further damage;
Slip-On Walking Shoe for Knee Problems
Rated as one of the top walking shoes for women by over 7000 satisfied customers Skechers Go Walk provide superb comfort and support and will reduce strain on your knees.
- Breathable and lightweight textile uppers.
- Resalyte cushioning that absorbs shock and supports the feet.
- The Flex Comfort outsole is durable and flexible for easy movement.
- A rear heel pulls for easy on and off.
- Decorative stitching for a trendy and sporty appearance.
Dress Sandal for Knee Problems
The Vionic Sandal is a stunning dress sandal that can be worn for every occasion. This sandal has all the comfort and support features required to relieve the symptoms of knee problems and to reduce shock on impact.
- A durable rubber outsole with a patterned tread ensures excellent traction on different surfaces.
- Manmade natural cork uppers and a microfiber-covered footbed ensure luxurious comfort.
- The beautifully designed straps are made from high-quality leather.
- A flexible and lightweight EVA midsole absorbs shock and reduces stress on the feet, knees, and ankles.
- The technology ups your arches and supports your feet with maximum comfort.
- Vionic sandals have built-in orthotics for superior comfort and support and are also useful in treating certain foot conditions.
- Available in many colors.
Extra Depth Dress Shoes for Knee problems
This is a dress shoe that you can run a marathon in; you will not get more comfortable or supportive that the Orthofeet Chelsea and Broadway.
This shoe features all the required technologies and comfort characteristics of an orthopedic shoe that will reduce foot, ankle, arch lower back, and knee pain as well as enhance comfort for those who suffer from diabetes, arthritis, plantar fasciitis, pronation, metatarsalgia, bunions, corns hammertoes and much more.
- The Multi-layered insole, along with the anatomical arch support and gel padded heel seat aids in absorbing shock and provides excellent comfort and support as well as a customized fit.
- The lightweight and cushioned sole with the Ergonomic-Stride design facilitates the foot’s motion and reduces stress on the joints.
- The Non-Binding design makes use of a soft and smooth fabric lining that has been padded with foam eliminating pressure on all the pressure points associated with foot conditions.
- The uppers are made from soft and supply high-quality leather, and the toe box has more room to accommodate bunions and hammertoes.
Motion Control Walking Shoe for Bad Knees
New Balance is well known for making some of the best athletic shoes. The 800 range in the New Balance walking, running and athletic shoes aim at alleviating the symptoms of certain foot conditions as well as reducing pressure on your knees.
- Leather and textile uppers are lightweight and breathable.
- The rubber sole ensures excellent grip and traction on many surfaces.
- technology aids in motion control and provides stability.
- A cushioned foam midsole absorbs shock and provides comfort.
- Available in White, Black and Bone colors
Walking Shoe for Knee Problems
The Asics Cumulus is a walking and running shoe that has been designed to reduce pressure on the feet and lower limbs as well as provide maximum shock absorption.
- The uppers are manufactured from breathable and lightweight materials.
- Fluid Ride technology provides better cushioning and shock absorption.
- and forefoot gel padding give even more shock absorption and cushioning.
- The durable rubber sole ensures a good grip on many different surfaces.
Orthopedic Shoes for Knee Problems
The Orthofeet Sanibel is a superb Orthopedic shoe that has a unique Mary Jane style for comfort and fashionability.
- Features a premium Orthotic Insole with anatomical arch support and a cushioned heel.
- An Ortho–Cushion system provides lightweight air cushioning.
- Non-Binding, extra depth design to accommodate other foot conditions.
- Excellent cushioning and shock absorbency for painful and sensitive knees and joints.
Knee Problem Walking Sandal
A stylish and highly comfortable sandal for walking that is ideal for protecting your knees against impact, and help to reduce knee pain.
- Soft and supple 100% leather uppers with adjustable Velcro straps and a supportive heel.
- A removable PU footbed that offers cushioned support and comfort.
- The Durable PU outsole in turn ensures excellent shock absorbency and cushioning, along with good traction.
Daily Walking Shoes for Knee Problems
The Skechers Daily Walking Shoes are lightweight, breathable, and colorful walking shoes with a slip-on design for easy on and off.
- Memory foam cushioning provides Cushioned and Contoured support for all-day wear.
- Excellent shock absorbency to protect your knees against impact.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- The flexible mesh uppers offer a soft and comfortable, breathable fit.
Sandals for Knee Problems
A Well-cushioned and shock absorbing Toe post sandal, for those hot summer days on your feet, without any strain on your knees.
- A flip flop sandal with a Cork sole, and Ortha-Heel technology to absorb impact and cushion your feet.
- Comfortable toe post lined with fabric for moisture absorption.
- A thick wedge sole for shock absorbency, with a durable rubber for better grip.
- available in a large range of fun and funky, as well as neutral color options.
Knee Problem Slip On Walking Shoe
This highly comfortable and lightweight walking shoe from Orthofeet has a layered cushioning design to offer the best in impact resistance and pain relief.
- A stretchable relaxed fit slip-on design to accommodate all foot conditions.
- Premium orthotic insoles for support and comfort with cushioning layers.
- A light weight shock absorbing, high traction sole and ergonomic-stride design with air cushioning.
- Soft seam free interior that eliminates pressure points.
Running Shoes for Knee problems
The New Balance 680V6 is a comfortable and supportive running shoe that provides effective pain relief when you have knee problems.
- The upper consists of breathable engineered mesh with synthetic materials for structure.
- There is a comfortable and responsive NB removable insole.
- The midsole has a foam structure for cushioning, and there is a durable rubber outsole.
- You can choose from many color options in the 680V6.
Casual Sneakers for Knee Pain
These two similar models from Skechers are comfortable and fashionable all-day wear sneakers with superb cushioning and shock, absorbing capabilities for bad knees.
- The uppers are constructed from leather and breathable mesh with a secure lace-up system.
- There is an Air-Cooled Memory foam insole for comfort and a foam midsole for shock absorbency.
- The sole is a platform design with rubber and high traction tread patterns.
- There are a few color variations in the Afterburn and D’Lite’s.
Orthopedic Dress Shoes
The Dr. Comfort Coco and Douglas are versatile and supportive Orthopedic dress shoe ideal for Painful and weak knees.
- These are two elegant and formal styled dress shoes for all occasions.
- They have a removable cushioned insole and extra depth design, allowing you the use of your own orthotics.
- There are a durable rubber outsole and a supportive midsole.
- The uppers are crafted from genuine durable leather.
- Two color options are avialble in each model.
Slip On Shoes for Knee Problems
The Skechers Performance Go Walk provides shock absorbency and cushioning to prevent knee pain.
- The Upper is a breathable mesh with a slip-on design.
- Inside is a comfortable, antibacterial Ortholite sock liner, and there is a shock-absorbing Resalyte Midsole.
- The 360 flexibility in the sole allows better movement.
- The rubber outsole is durable and shock absorbing.
Sneakers for Knee Problems
Something more classy is the Clarks Cotrell and the Adorn for painful knees.
- Both shoes have leather uppers with a lace-up features and other colors available.
- There is a soft cushioned Ortholite Footbed and an EVA midsole to absorb shock.
- The footbed is removable, allowing the use of your own orthotic devices.
- There is also a durable rubber outsole.
Cushioned Running Shoe for Knee Pain
The New Balance 880V10 is one of the best running and walking shoes for knee pain.
- The shoe offers you superb plush cushioning with the Fresh Foam midsole, Blown Rubber Outsole, and plush NB insole.
- There is a Hyponkit upper design for stretch and support, as well as breathability.
- The sole has a 10mm drop or stability and support when running or walking.
- You can also select from a few colors available.
Index Table: Top-Rated Shoes for Knee problems
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Skechers® - Slip-On Walking Shoe for Knee Problems||Skechers||96.7|
|2||Vionic® - Dress Sandal for Knee Problems||Vionic||95|
|3||Orthofeet® - Extra Depth Dress Shoes for Knee problems||Orthofeet||98|
|4||New Balance® - Motion Control Walking Shoe for Bad Knees||New Balance||96|
|5||Asics® - Walking Shoe for Knee Problems||Asics||97|
|6||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Shoes for Knee Problems||Orthofeet||98|
|7||Propet® - Knee Problem Walking Sandal||Propet||96|
|8||Skechers® - Daily Walking Shoes for Knee Problems||Skechers||98|
|9||Vionic® - Sandals for Knee Problems||Vionic||97|
|10||Orthofeet® - Knee Problem Slip On Walking Shoe||Orthofeet||98|
|11||New Balance® - Running Shoes for Knee problems||New Balance||97.6|
|12||Skechers® - Casual Sneakers for Knee Pain||Skechers||97.2|
|13||Dr. Comfort® - Orthopedic Dress Shoes||Dr. Comfort||96.6|
|14||Skechers® - Slip On Shoes for Knee Problems||Skechers||97.8|
|15||Clarks® - Sneakers for Knee Problems||Clarks||97.8|
|16||New Balance® - Cushioned Running Shoe for Knee Pain||New Balance||97.8|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Wearing the Correct Shoes for Knee Pain
- Choosing The Correct Shoes For Knee Pain
- Features of a Good Shoe for Knee Pain
- Reviews: Top Shoes for Knee Problems
- Slip-On Walking Shoe for Knee Problems
- Dress Sandal for Knee Problems
- Extra Depth Dress Shoes for Knee problems
- Motion Control Walking Shoe for Bad Knees
- Walking Shoe for Knee Problems
- Orthopedic Shoes for Knee Problems
- Knee Problem Walking Sandal
- Daily Walking Shoes for Knee Problems
- Sandals for Knee Problems
- Knee Problem Slip On Walking Shoe
- Running Shoes for Knee problems
- Casual Sneakers for Knee Pain
- Orthopedic Dress Shoes
- Slip On Shoes for Knee Problems
- Sneakers for Knee Problems
- Cushioned Running Shoe for Knee Pain
- Index Table: Top-Rated Shoes for Knee problems