There is not really a specialized type of footwear designed for Rafting only, yet it is still necessary to wear proper footwear for this sport type.
The shoes that you wear will largely depend on where you will be Rafting and what surfaces you will come in contact with.
The Best Rafting Shoe Types
- Closed Athletic Shoes – You can use a closed style athletic or training shoe that has quick-drying materials and is comfortable are good fro most Rafting Trips es[ecailly those where you will come less in contact with the water.
Hiking Shoes and Boots – Most Hiking shoes and boots are designed to be water-friendly or waterproof, they are robust and slip-resistant and great for rafting. However, keep in mind that Hiking shoes and boot may be a bit on the heavy side.
Neoprene Boots – Neoprene Boots are ideal, especially in very cold conditions as they provide waterproofing and insulation.
Sandals – As long as it is a Closed toe design sandal such as hiking Fisherman’s sandal, it should suffice, however, stay clear of Flip Flops and Beach type sandals.
Water Shoes – A robust and slip-resistant water shoe is most likely your best bet and ideal for warmer weather and both ain and out f the water.
Here are a few shoe types that you may have that you can also use;
- Canvas Sneakers – Most Canvas sneakers have a rubber sole with lug patterns which offer good slip resistance, they are lightweight, and the canvas materials dry quickly, making them a good choice if you need a quick solution.
Water Shoes – If you by any chance ever stumbled upon a pair of water shoes at the beach, or find them in a store close by, these are a great choice, they are also usually available all over and in a pinch.
Sports Sneakers – A pair of old sports sneakers are not ideal but will provide some protection and comfort, the lighter in weight and mesh models or fabric models are usually better.
Sandals – Although you want to avoid exposing your toes, a hiking style or sports sandal can also be used even with an exposed toe, you will just need to be more careful. However, anything that can slip on and off, such as a slide or flip flop is the worst choice you could make.
Features of a Good Shoe for Rafting
- Water Friendly and quick drying uppers.
- A snug and comfortable fit with no laces hanging out and no slide on or slip-on.
- Lightweight with light cushioning for comfort.
- Protective Closed toe sandals have adjustable straps.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Rafting
These are some of the top favorite shoes to wear for Rafting;
Rafting Water Shoes
- The Swiftwater from Crocs is a new invention that offers durable and lightweight protection.
- These shoes have a sporty design that is very lightweight and durable.
- Because of the mesh upper and drainage holes, they are completely water-friendly and dry almost instantly.
- They are made from the soft and foamy crosslite material for comfort, and there is a durable and textured sole for slip resistance.
- Also available in four neutral colors to choose from.
Water Rafting Sandal
- The Keen Newport H2O is a favorite water friend, day sandal that is ideal for Hiking and Rafting.
- The upper consists of quick-drying polyester webbing and there are a lace-up bungee system and pull-on loop for an easy and quick fit.
- The arch is supportive, and the insole is cushioned.
- All keen water sandals are also machine washable.
- The outsole is durable and slips resistant, and there is Metatarsal support.
Sport Shoe for Rafting
- This is another Sports and Hiking Style durable sandal which is ideal for extreme rafting trips.
- Soft and quick-drying fabric uppers with breathable mesh and an Omni Lace-up a system for a secure fit.
- A mesh Lining and M-Select FRESH technology to prevent bacteria and odors.
- The UniFly midsole is very lightweight cushioned, and shock-absorbing,
- It also features a TC5 Vibram rubber outsole with a lug tread.
- There are a few colors to choose from in this model.
Sandal for Rafting
- The Khombu sandal is comfortable and protective of rafting.
- Synthetic leather and neoprene uppers with a protective toe design.
- There is a fully adjustable hook, and loops strap closure system.
- Inside is a comfortable and supportive contoured footbed.
- The durable rubber outsole is treaded for a durable and supportive grip.
- The Vapor Glove us a Zero Drop Rafting shoe with soft fabric and textile uppers.
- This shoe offers exceptional barefoot technology and feels and is very flexible.
- The durable rubber outsole is flexible and offers excellent slip resistance and grip.
- The rubber sole is a Vibram rubber sole.
- There is also a minimalist zero drop design and very lightly padded insole for comfort.
- This shoe is available in different color preferences.
Water Shoe for Rafting
- The Aleader is a lightweight and draining water shoe that is perfect for light rafting.
- Breathable mesh uppers with hot melt overlay for the structure to keep your feet cool and dry.
- Synthetic hot melt toe caps keep your toes and forefeet safe from bumps and abrasions.
- The quick adjustable bungee laces allow for easy on and off convenience.
- There is a comfortable and removable footbed for easy cleaning, an integrated drainage system to drain water away, and a durable and slip-resistant outsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Rafting
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Crocs® - Rafting Water Shoes||Crocs||96|
|2||Keen® - Water Rafting Sandal||Keen||98|
|3||Merrell® - Sport Shoe for Rafting||Merrell||98|
|4||Khombu® - Sandal for Rafting||Khombu||97|
|5||Merrell® - Rafting Shoe||Merrell||98|
|6||Aleader® - Water Shoe for Rafting||Aleader||96|
Table of Contents
- The Best Rafting Shoe Types
- Features of a Good Shoe for Rafting
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Rafting
- Rafting Water Shoes
- Water Rafting Sandal
- Sport Shoe for Rafting
- Sandal for Rafting
- Rafting Shoe
- Water Shoe for Rafting
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Rafting