If you are suffering from constant pain and inflammation in the ball of your foot, the area between the arch and the toes, you may have Metatarsalgia.
In this case, the appropriate footwear can bring great relief to the painful symptoms as well as aid in the healing process.
Metatarsalgia and the Risk Factors
Metatarsalgia is a painful condition affecting the ball of the foot, the area where the bones connect to the toes and ankles.
Metatarsalgia mostly results from overuse injuries from high impact sports, as well as a condition such as arthritis.
Metaraslagia can also be caused by IMPROPER FOOTWEAR and wearing HIGH HEELED Shoes.
The Risk factors of Metatarsalgia mainly include;
- Arthritis and Diabetes – Conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis and Diabetes increase your risk of Metatarsalgia as well as many other issues and conditions affecting the feet.
Stress Fractures – Small breaks in your toe bones can cause pain in the metatarsal area as well as swelling and inflammation.
High Arches – A high Arch type in your feet increases your risk of pressure to the metatarsal area, which can lead to Metatarsalgia.
High Impact Activies – High impacts sports and exercise add pressure to the metatarsal bones and tendons and can lead to overuse or general injury.
Excess Wieght – Being overweight places excessive strain on your feet and can lead to many issues, including Metatarsalgia and Plantar Fasciitis.
Improper Footwear – Shoes that are too tight around the toes causes pressure that can damage bones and tendons in the metatarsal area. High heels force toes into a shoe, which also places excessive pressure causing Metatarsalgia.
How do Shoes Help with Metatarsalgia
Because Metatarsalgia is caused and aggravated by improper footwear, high impact activities, and Overpronation, the right footwear that addresses the risk and symptoms can help to prevent, treat, and reduce pain symptoms of this condition.
- Arch Support – To prevent excessive strain and pressure in the wrong places, ARCH support is vital in good shoes for Metatarsalgia. However, you need arch support specific to your arch type, whether low, high, or neutral.
Cushioning – Cushioning under the ball of the foot provides shock absorbency to prevent impact from high impact activities, placing strain on the balls of the feet, as well as comfort and pain relief.
Low Heel – A low heel or flat-soled shoe is a better option for Metatarsalgia, but should still offer some underfoot cushioning such as an EVA midsole, or cushioned insole.
Wide Forefoot – Always consider a roomy toe are or wider width option in your footwear, to prevent and treat Metatarsalgia,.
Features of a Good Metatarsalgia Shoe
- Breathable and lightweight, mesh, synthetic or leather upper with a smooth lining and moisture wicking interior lining.
- A comfortable and snug fit.
- Excellent cushioning, especially in the forefoot.
- Excellent arch support for your specific arch type.
- Stability features in individuals who lack stability.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- A wider width or roomy toe area.
Reviews: The Best Metatarsalgia Shoes
Here are some excellent options in comfortable and supportive shoes for individuals who suffer from Metatarsalgia;
Running Shoes for Metatarsalgia
The Brooks Addiction 14 is one of your best choices in Walking shoes if you suffer from Metatarsalgia.
- It offers maximum support and a generous, comfortable fit ideal for pain relief.
- Super soft BioMoGo DNA cushioning that adapts to your stride, weight and speed.
- An extended diagonal Rollbar for optimal motion control and stability.
- A roomy toe design and fit for comfort.
- Cushioned for shock absorbency and lined to wick away moisture.
These are the ultimate in stylish dress shoes for individuals who have Matatrsalgia.
- The Tilden is an Oxford styled lace-up dress shoe that is extremely lightweight with smooth leather upper available in a few color selections.
- The Tilden likewise features a flexible sole with a non-marking outsole and a plush cushioned memory foam insole.
- The Adriel for the ladies comes in different leather textures as well as patterns and colors to choose from as you prefer.
- The Adriel also has a high supportive heel and platform forefoot design, with an Ortholite moisture-wicking cushioned insole and a textile lining inside.
- Adriel is a dress style pump for the ladies that offer superb support and sophistication.
Shoe for Metatarsalgia
The Gel-Venture 7 from Asics is the perfect walking and running shoe for individuals with Metatarsalgia.
- Soft and smooth fabric and synthetic upper that is lightweight and breathable.
- A durable high traction rubber outsole.
- Gel cushioning for optimal impact resistance and comfort.
- An Ortholite cushioned and moisture-wicking insole.
- Available in many colors to choose from as you like.
The Go Walk range from Skechers are comfortable and secure wearing with exceptional technologies, I have chosen the latest number five in this range.
- Soft and lightweight fabric upper that offers optimal ventilation and cooling comfort with an easy slip-on design.
- Available in many color options to choose from as you wish.
- Features a Lightweight Dual-density Ultra Go outsole with comfort Pillar technology
- Ther is air-cooled Goga Mat comfort-cushioned insole and smooth moisture-wicking linings.
- This shoe is also machine washable an easily air-dried.
From New Balance, we have the 990V4 model, which is a comfortable and supportive athletic shoe that is likewise perfect for individuals who have Metatarsalgia.
- Soft and flexible leather and textile uppers.
- A durable and high traction thick rubber outsole.
- Ther is an NCAP midsole for maximum support and stability.
- The rubber outsole is made from blown rubber and the upper from pigskin leather with mesh insets for breathability.
- There is also dual collar foam for a more comfortable fit.
- This shoe model is available in many color selections to choose from as required.
Sandal for Metatarsalgia
A top favorite comfortable and casual sandal for Metatarsalgia is the Birkenstock Arizona.
- Synthetic Birko-Flor leather is upper with two straps and adjustable buckles.
- An anatomically correct design Cork footbed that offers to cushion and wicks away moisture.
- There is a side sole top liner for comfort and soft fabric-lined uppers.
- The synthetic sole offers a good grip and is durable.
- This sandal is available in many color options to choose form.
Metetarsalgia Casual Shoe
The Adidas EQT Racing ADV W is a casual and walking style shoe that offers ample cushioning and support for Metatarsalgia
- The cushioning provided by the Ortholite sock liner and EVA midsole absorbs shock and impacts and protects the Metatarsal pads from further pain and damage.
- The uppers have an adaptable and flexible Primeknit fit that flexes with your feet.
- A TPU shank and Torsion system likewise provide underfoot protection and stability.
- There is also a high traction durable rubber outsole.
Walking Shoe for Metatarsalgia
From New Balance, we have the 680V6 the latest model in this range, with a cushioning system ideal for Metatarsalgia.
- With the Injection Molded EVA and ABZORB cushioning, there is ample shock absorbency in this athletic shoe, which is needed for Metatarsalgia.
- Furthermore, the uppers are comfortable with an Engineered mesh design and no-Sew friction-free application.
- There is also a durable rubber outsole that provides excellent shock absorbency and grip.
- What is more, is that you can choose between many color options in this specific model.
Metatarsalgia Running Shoe
The Saucony Zealot has a comfortable fit and ample underfoot cushioning, which is ideal for Metatarsalgia.
- The uppers consist of flexible FLEXFILM synthetic technology materials for a comfortable and expandable fit.
- There is an ISOFIT soft inner lining sleeve for a sock-like feel.
- The Everun insole provides responsive cushioning, and the Tr-Flex outsole ensures better ground contact and flexibility.
- Ther is also SRC Impact Zone cushioning to reduce shock on the heels and metatarsal pads.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Metatarsalgia
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Brooks® - Running Shoes for Metatarsalgia||Brooks||98|
|2||Clarks® - Metatarsalgia Shoe||Clarks||98|
|3||Asics® - Shoe for Metatarsalgia||Asics||96|
|4||Skechers® - Metatarsalgia Shoe||Skechers||96|
|5||New Balance® - Metatarsalgia Shoe||New Balance||97|
|6||Birkenstock® - Sandal for Metatarsalgia||Birkenstock||98|
|7||Adidas® - Metetarsalgia Casual Shoe||Adidas||97.8|
|8||New Balance® - Walking Shoe for Metatarsalgia||New Balance||97|
|9||Saucony® - Metatarsalgia Running Shoe||Saucony||95.4|
Table of Contents
- Metatarsalgia and the Risk Factors
- How do Shoes Help with Metatarsalgia
- Features of a Good Metatarsalgia Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Metatarsalgia Shoes
- Running Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- Metatarsalgia Shoe
- Shoe for Metatarsalgia
- Metatarsalgia Shoe
- Metatarsalgia Shoe
- Sandal for Metatarsalgia
- Metetarsalgia Casual Shoe
- Walking Shoe for Metatarsalgia
- Metatarsalgia Running Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Metatarsalgia