Whether an avid player or just a Basketball shoe collector, the basketball shoe is a comfortable, high-performance, and fashionable shoe for everyone.
Deciding on the perfect pair of basketball shoes for your needs, I have a few Pro Tips and listed some of the best models and Brands in Basket Ball shoes today.
Why You Need a Good Basketball Shoe
So as said before, you may need a good pair of basketball shoes as a player, or maybe just for fashion and comfort.
The right pair of Basketball shoes can help to improve your game and provide you with much-needed comfort and support. Basketball shoes can be divided into three categories, a High Top, Mid Top, and Low Top design, each of which has its own benefits and is your own preference.
Good Basketball shoes are designed for all the elements and risks that come with the game individually. Therefore no other sneaker or athletic shoe type can perform like a proper BasketBall shoe.
The Basketball Shoe Anatomy
To understand why a Basketball Shoe is so unique, you need to look at the Anatomy of a Basketball Shoe in all its Glory;
- Uppers – In the Upper, you have a choice of High, Low, or Mid-top designs, the High top being more popular because it offers better ankle support. Most basketball shoes have a lace-up closure, although many have an additional or only a Hook and Loop closure or zipper closure.
- Midsole – The Midsole of a Basketball shoe has ample cushioning in foam, usually, EVA or compressed EVA, which is the most lightweight.
- Outsole – Good Basketball shoes come with a flat and wide outsole with no heel-to-toe drop. The outsole mostly consists of thick and durable rubber with high traction tread.
- Sizing – When it comes to sizing, there is a big difference between Male and Female sizes, usually one and a half sizes larger than men’s. Therefore women need to stick to a Basketball shoe that is designed for ladies and not men.
- Aesthetics – Basketball shoes are used as a fashion statement and sports shoes today, so aesthetics are important. A style and color that matches your personality can make a statement, whether on or off the court.
Features of a Good Basketball Shoe
- Quality – Consider the quality, particularly if the shoe is for Playing and not just fashion wear. You want a durable and high performance shoe with the right features, so stick to a good quality brand.
- Body Type – Look at the support features according to your body type. If you are taller and heavier in weight, you need better support that is more stable.
- Cushioning – Cushioning such as EVA in the midsole and a cushioned insole provides shock absorbency and comfort. Additional Heel and Forefoot padding help to protect these areas against impact when landing from a jump.
- Outsole – A rubber outsole with a Hexagonal or Herringone patterned tread is ideal for better traction.
- Materails – Leather and Synthetics are mostly used in the upper, with rubber for the outsole and EVA foam cushioning.
- Flexibility and Firmness – There should be some flexibility in the medial area yet not too much, a stiffer sole is also recommended.
Reviews: The Best Basketball Shoes
Below you will find some of the top brands and models in Basketball shoes designed specifically for women;
- The uppers are durable and breathable synthetic rubber.
- The sole is a durable high traction rubber.
- There is a mesh tongue for better airflow.
- The EVA sock liner provides good underfoot cushioning and support.
- A mid-top design basketball shoe with a padded collar.
- There are an Engineered quarter panel and additional eyelets for a more comfortable fit.
- The sole is rubber with multi-directional traction and dual-pivot points.
- More color options are also available to you.
- The fifth signature Basketball shoe in this range.
- It is durable and offers a very comfortable fit.
- There is cushioning and a shock-absorbing midsole.
- The sole has a translucent design.
The Under Armour Miler Pro gives a more boot-like fit and has very lightweight uppers.
- The perfect Basketball shoe for Professionals avid players.
- The uppers are light and breathable with engineered knit material that is form-fitting.
- There is and External heel Counter for locked-in support and structure.
- Strategically placed perforations in the upper add even better ventilation properties.
- The Uppers are synthetic and very breathable.
- The sole is a durable high traction rubber.
- The shoe offers a comfortable regular fit with a high top.
- The leather uppers are coated and have mesh for breathability.
I highly recommended the Entrap Basketball Mid Boot from Adidas for ankle support and protection if you have weak ankles.
- A Padded ankle design support and protects your ankles, along with the Mid boot structure of the shoe.
- The upper consists of coated synthetic leather and mesh materials for breathability.
- There is a durable rubber outsole for traction and a shock-absorbing EVA midsole.
- The design offers a more regular and comfortable fit.
- You can likewise choose from a few neutral color options in the Adidas Entrap.
- The leather uppers are smooth and quilted in design.
- There is a thick and durable rubber outsole.
- The multidirectional herringbone patterns on the tread improve traction.
- The shoes have a stunning blue and white design that is very fashionable.
- A fashionable and unique design basketball shoe.
- The uppers are synthetic with a higher top.
- It offers responsive cushioning and a no-slip wear-resistant sole.
- The rubber outsole has an elastic concave-convex texture.
Index Table: Top Rated Basketball Shoes
|1||Under Armour Women's HOVR Havoc 2 - Shoes for Basketball||Under Armour||98.7|
|2||Nike Women's Precision lii - Basketball Shoes||Nike||98.5|
|3||Jordan Women's Air 5 retro - Basketball Shoes||Jordan||96.9|
|4||Under Armour Women's Miler Pro - Professional Basketball Shoes||Under Armour||97|
|5||Adidas Women's Entrap - Shoes for Basketball||Adidas||96.8|
|6||Adidas Women's Entrap - Mid Basketball Shoes||Adidas||97|
|7||Nike Women's Air Jordan - Shoes for Basketball||Nike||97|
|8||Wiltena Women's Anti-Slip - Basketball Shoes||Wiltena||96.5|
Table of Contents
- Why You Need a Good Basketball Shoe
- The Basketball Shoe Anatomy
- Features of a Good Basketball Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Basketball Shoes
- Under Armour® Women's HOVR Havoc 2 Shoes for Basketball
- Nike® Women's Precision lii Basketball Shoes
- Jordan® Women's Air 5 retro Basketball Shoes
- Under Armour® Women's Miler Pro Professional Basketball Shoes
- Adidas® Women's Entrap Shoes for Basketball
- Adidas® Women's Entrap Mid Basketball Shoes
- Nike® Women's Air Jordan Shoes for Basketball
- Wiltena® Women's Anti-Slip Basketball Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Basketball Shoes