Many women today have wider or bigger sized feet due to some genetic and sometimes due to a foot condition or deformity.
There is nothing worse than wearing a shoe that is too tight and narrow when you have wider feet.
Luckily many shoe brands now offer shoes in wide and extra wide widths to accommodate wider feet and feet with conditions such as bunions and hammertoes that require a wider fit.
Do’s and Don’t’s for Wide Feet
Flat shoes are comfortable and flattering; they spread the weight of your body evenly across the feet reducing pressure at pressure points. There are many flat shoe styles available in wide width sizes.
High heels particularly narrow and pointy heels are unhealthy and cause long-term damage and an increased risk of injury in any foot type. With wider feet, a high heel will increase pressure in the widest area of your foot resulting in swelling and other foot conditions. A low heel or chunky heel is acceptable and will not cause any harm.
Pointed and Narrow Toes
Stay away from a narrow or pointed toe particularly with wide feet as they will squeeze your toes together causing foot conditions such as bunions, hammertoes, and other deformities along with much discomfort. Settle for a round or wider toe box.
Sandals and Flip flops are a great option for a wider foot. There is a large variety of sandals and flip flops available in wide width sizes with many other comfort and style features. Sandals and flip-flops allow your feet much more room for movement and are still flattering and feminine. Try to avoid sandals with too many straps as they can be constricting and uncomfortable for wider feet.
The Shoe material
With a wide foot is advisable to opt for shoes made from soft and flexible leathers and materials that will not confine and hurt your feet but rather stretch and mold to the shape of your foot with time.
Do not worry about the style of the shoe there are so many options of wide width shoes to choose from both online and from local retailers that you are guaranteed to find exactly what you are looking for in a shoe.
Charactaristics of the Best Shoes for Wider Feet
- A good wide width shoe should also have an extra depth which is a great advantage.
- A roomy toe box and round or square toe will ensure that you have enough space for movement.
- Wide Width Shoes are available in options of medium, wide and extra wide widths so make sure that you pick the correct width for your feet that fits comfortable.
- Good arch support and cushioning are also beneficial particularly if you have flat feet which are also common in women with wide feet.
Reviews: The Top Women’s Extra Wide Shoes
We have researched and reviewed some of the best available wide width and extra wide width shoes for women and listed them with their features;
- Soft and durable leather uppers are available in many different color options.
- A durable rubber sole that ensures a good grip on slippery surfaces.
- A round toe and adjustable hook and loop strap for a comfortable fit.
- The polyurethane unit sole provides shock absorption and arch support.
- An internal heel counter for added support and comfort.
- A good shoe for women suffering from diabetes.
- Soft and durable sheepskin leather uppers with a slingback for a more comfortable fit.
- Available in trendy looking printed styles and colors.
- Medium, wide and extra wide widths are available in each color and different sizes.
- A thicker high heel for better stability.
- A durable outsole for good grip on different floor surfaces.
- Comfortable, fashionable and affordable style.
- Supple and durable top grain leather uppers with a seamless lining that is padded for luxurious comfort.
- A therapeutic sandal that provides excellent support and comfort.
- Exotic colors and textures to choose from for any occasion.
- The removable footbed provides exceptional cushioning and allows you the use of your own orthotic devices.
- A double Velcro closure for a customized and secure fit.
- Breathable and lightweight leather and fabric uppers.
- A durable and flexible high traction and non-slip rubber outsole.
- Available in vibrant sporty colors and designs.
- The shock absorbing Flex Sole Midsole ensures excellent support.
- Faux leather uppers that are comfortable and durable.
- Available in wide width and wide calf sizes.
- The padded footbed protects your feet against impact and is luxuriously comfortable.
- A trendy looking side zipper for easy on and off.
- A durable synthetic sole for good footing.
- Available in black and tan colors
New balance is well known for making some of the best athletic shoes.
The 800 range in the New Balance walking athletic shoes is an excellent choice for those with wide feet.
- Lightweight and breathable leather and textile uppers.
- A Rubber sole ensures good grip and traction on many surfaces.
- The Rollbar technology aids in motion control and provides stability.
- Cushioned foam midsole absorbs shock and provides comfort.
- Available in White, Black and Bone color with up to 4E-Wide width.
As you can see from the list above there is quite a variety of shoes for every occasion and season available in a wide width fit along with owning many other comforts and style qualities.
Index Table: Best Womens Extra Wide Shoes
|1||Propet Women's Mary Jane - Walking Shoes||Propet||95|
|2||Fic Peerage Women's Linda - Wide Width Dress Pumps||Fic Peerage||92|
|3||Dr. Comfort Women's Sharon - Extra Depth Wide Width Sandal||Dr. Comfort||97|
|4||Skechers Women's Sport - Wider Width Sneakers||Skechers||97|
|5||Luoika Women's Plus Size - Wide Width Ankle Boot||Luoika||96|
|6||New Balance Women's WW813 - Wide Athletic Walking Shoe||New Balance||96|
Table of Contents
- Do’s and Don’t’s for Wide Feet
- Charactaristics of the Best Shoes for Wider Feet
- Reviews: The Top Women’s Extra Wide Shoes
- Index Table: Best Womens Extra Wide Shoes