If you suffer from Edema, Diabetes or have feet that swell it may be necessary for you to invest in a pair of compression socks. Diabetes and other health conditions can cause circulatory issues which can be improved by the use of circulation socks.
Comparison Table for Women’s Compression Socks
|1||Go2 Women's Sports - Compression Socks||Go2||93|
|2||Sockwell Women's Circulator Moderate - Graduated Compression Socks||Sockwell||97|
|3||Nurse Mates Women's Compression - Trouser Socks||Nurse Mates||94|
|4||Dr. Scholl’s Women's Two Pack - Comfort Diabetic Circulatory Socks||Dr. Scholl’s||96|
|5||Heat Jammer Women's Thermal Brushed - Winter Compression Socks||Heat Jammer||94|
Your body has a circulation system responsible for sending oxygen, nutrients, and blood throughout your entire body to keep the body functioning properly. When blood flow to a particular part of the body is reduced, you will experience what we call poor circulation which is most common in extremities such as your legs and arms. Poor blood circulation is caused by several different health conditions the most common being Diabetes, Obesity, heart conditions and Arterial issues.
The Symptoms and Effects of Poor Circulation
If you are suffering from poor blood circulation, you will feel tingling, and numbness in your extremities or you may feel throbbing or a stinging pain in your limbs. Pain and muscle cramps are also associated with poor circulation.
Each and every condition that may lead to poor circulation can also have its own unique symptoms along with numbness, tingling, and pain.
Over time poor untreated circulation can cause not only severe and permanent numbness and tingling or pain but also nerve damage and tissue damage.
Compression Socks and Their Function
Compression socks or stockings help to improve the blood flow in your legs by gently squeezing your legs so that the blood circulates up your legs. This also helps to prevent swelling and can decrease your risk of getting blood clots.
Compression socks may be prescribed to you if you suffer from swelling, Edema, circulation problems or also if you have spider or varicose veins, or have just had surgery.
Wearing compression socks or stockings helps to reduce the aching, and heavy feeling in your legs decreases swelling and prevents blood clots especially after you have had surgery or an injury and are less active.
Charactaristics of a Compression Sock
- A seamless or flat seam in the toe area to prevent chafing.
- Padding on the sole of the foot for extra support.
- Moisture wicking materials to keep your feet dry and free from infections.
- 18-25mmHg graduated compression.
- A comfortable top band that is not too tight.
The Best Available Women’s Compression Socks
We have researched and revieved some of the top choices in compression socks for poor circulation and swelling;1
The Go2 Sports sock is a compression sock that is insulated and provides relief from circulatory issues and swelling as well as aiding in the recovery of injuries and surgery.
- Manufactured from lightweight and breathable materials that wick away moisture and keep your feet dry.
- Designed to cut down abrasion and stress on your legs giving much-needed comfort and relief.
- Improves your blood circulation and aids in faster recovery from surgery or injuries.
- Reduces swelling and offers great insulation to keep your feet warm.
- Available in a large variety of colors with decorative designs
Sockwell Circulator moderate are compression sock that provide moderate compression for all day and every day wear with some exceptional comfort and support features.
- Manufactured from 32% merino Wool;32% Stretch Nylon, 31% Bamboo Rayon and 5% Spandex fro flexibility.
- Provides moderate compression that is recommended for all day wear for prolonged sitting or standing, swollen feet and exercise and recovery.
- Promotes circulation and reduces swelling while helping to fight fatigue.
- The Accu-Fit technology uses spandex throughout the sock ensuring the same fit at the end of the day as what it was when first put on.
- The Ultra-Lite cushioned sole provides superb comfort and support.
- The turn welt top has a seamless toe closure with a reinforced toe and heel box that helps to keep your socks in place the entire day.
Nurse Mates are compression socks that are available in fun and funky colors perfect for everyday wear.
- Compression trouser socks that increase circulation and prevent swelling of the feet and legs.
- 12-14mmHg graduated compression with a comfortable and supportive fit.
- The comfort welt top band keeps your socks in place without straining your legs.
- Soft and seamless toes to prevent infectious blisters and skin irritations.
Dr. Comfort provides socks and footwear that offer you superior comfort and support. The Comfort diabetic circulatory socks will improve circulation, reduce swelling and ensure you all day comfort and support.
- A soft, non-binding top which gently conforms to your legs without restricting circulation.
- Moisture-managing technology keeps your feet dry and fresh and reduces odor and infections.
- The smooth seam and soft feel of the sock will not irritate or chafe your skin.
- These socks are cotton free to reduce moisture absorption and skin irritation and latex free to prevent allergic reactions.
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association and guaranteed to last one full year.
- Available in both black and white.
For those cold winters, there is no better than the heat jammer compression sock to keep your feet and legs cozy, warm and comfortable.
- Non-binding top to relieve the symptoms of poor circulation.
- Warmer than cotton or thermal socks for those icy cold winters.
- Thick cushioning with brushed yarn technology for superior comfort and heat retention.
- Fantastic shape retention for long wearing and a soft to the touch acrylic blend.
Young or old, active or not, compression socks may just be the answer toe improve the health of your legs and feet and to make them feel comfortable. Light compression socks can be worn by anyone and have a great benefit to people who stand or sit for long periods of time or who have any risk factors. Higher compression ranges offer relief to people who suffer from circulatory issues or swelling of the feet and legs due to other health conditions. Compression socks will help to improve circulation in your legs and will also aid in reducing swelling and swelling from Edema or other conditions. Compression socks are also great to prevent blood clots and enhance the healing process after a leg or foot injury or surgery.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for Women’s Compression Socks
- Poor Circulation
- The Symptoms and Effects of Poor Circulation
- Compression Socks and Their Function
- Charactaristics of a Compression Sock
- The Best Available Women’s Compression Socks