Summer is the time for rooting to the back of your closet and digging out those favorite sandals allowing your feet to breathe and your toes more freedom and air after the long months of winter.
Unfortunately with summer and sandals comes blisters, raw skin, and aching arches. Sandals are fun and fashionable but offer little or no comfort and support in general. Luckily there are many options of stunning sandals in every style and color that also provide comfort, support and cushioning.
The Pros and Cons of Sandals
Sandals allow your feet to breathe and keep them dry and cool in the hot summer months. Sandals are also a great option to help reduce pressure on painful bunions, hammertoes or ingrown toenails as well ass helping to prevent these conditions. You can easily slip a sandal on and off, so it is a great option if you need to go outside quickly or if you need something to wear at the gym after showering.
Sandals are convenient leisure shoes but can also come in fashionable and stylish designs to be worn as a dress shoe or work shoe.
The drawbacks of a sandal are that they usually offer poor foot support and comfort and do not provide much protection, you can easily trip and fall with a sandal or obtain an injury from dropping a heavy object on your toes.
Why is Good Arch Support Necessary in any Shoe Type
The arch of your foot is one of the most important structural features that bears much stress and weight as you walk or run. Your arches absorb the brunt of pressure exerted on your feet from your body with every step that you take. A properly supported arch will prevent many musculoskeletal and foot conditions and issues that may lead to inactivity or disability. The type of arch support that you require depends on your arch type; if you have a low, neutral or high arch and also if you under pronate or overpronate.
The Main Features of a Sandal with Good Arch Support
- A cushioned or supportive insole
- Soft and comfortable uppers that do not irritate your feet or cause blisters.
- A durable and thick outsole that offers good grip and some shock absorption.
- A comfortable and supportive midsole.
Top Rated Sandals with Good Arch Support
Here are some stylish and comfortable sandals that also provide excellent arch support;
The Birkenstock Arizona are comfortable and supportive casual sandals that feature the original Birkenstock cork midsole and soft footbed.
- The classic Birkenstock shape allows even distribution of your body weight over the entire foot for the best support and comfort.
- The EVA midsole provides exceptional all day comfort and stability.
- A textured durable outsole provides impressive traction capabilities.
- The anatomically shaped soft and plush footbed delivers luxurious comfort and support.
- The uppers of the Arizona by Birkenstock are manufactured from soft and comfortable leather with buckles for an adjustable fit.
- The Birkenstock Arizona is available in a large variety of colors for every taste and preference.
For a flexible and comfortable sandal, the Keen Clearwater CNX is a Fishermans sandal that provides good ankle support and durable grip. A perfect sandal for outdoor adventures.
- Textile and synthetic uppers that are flexible and water friendly with a closed rubber toe for added protection.
- For an even better and more secure fit, the Ghillie lacing system and Quick-adjust bungee cord are adjustable and comfortable.
- An AEGIS microbe shield and hydrophobic mesh lining keep your feet dry and odor free.
- The non-marking outsole has razor siping for excellent traction and durability.
- The Keen Clearwater CNX is available in many color options.
Vionic is a well-known brand name in comfortable and supportive sandals; the Lizbeth is a smart casual sandal in the Vionic range that is perfect for more formal occasions and professional environments.
- Leather uppers with stylish and decorative metal accents for added appeal.
- An adjustable buckle closure ate the heel strap that allows you a more customized fit.
- The EVA footbed provides cushioned comfort and support.
- A durable outsole with a patterned tread prevents slips and falls on many surface areas.
LifeStride will cover you with the most current looks and styles in the most comfortable footwear.
The LifeStride Notify is an arch supporting Wedge heel sandal that is both comfortable and stylish for more formal wear.
- A soft and cushioned insole for exceptional comfort and support.
- The soft uppers not only look good but have smooth linings that are non-irritating to the feet.
- The LifStride now is flexible and extremely comfortable to wear.
- The Wedge sole provides added shock absorption, and the outsole is durable providing good grip.
The Vionic Shore Slide ensures a combination of gilded style and casual everyday wear comfort with an easy fit.
- Durable and flexible leather uppers with a microfiber-covered footbed to ensure dry comfort and support.
- The lightweight and flexible EVA midsole absorb shock reducing strain on your feet, knees, and ankles.
- The famous Orthaheel technology in the Vionic is biomechanically designed to provide arch hugging comfort and support.
- The built-in orthotic technology of Vionic sandals is effective in treating pain and discomfort associated with foot conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spurs.
- The Vionic Shore Slide has a durable rubber outsole and is available in four different color options.
Sandals have developed quite a bad reputation as being uncomfortable and unsupportive, but when properly constructed with the use of high-quality materials and orthopedic design they can be just as comfortable and supportive as other health and therapeutic shoes. There are many casual and dress style options in sandals to choose from that all provide good support and comfort as well as durability.
The lack of arch support in a sandal is one of the key issues. A good sandal that is durable, well-cushioned and provides optimal shock absorption, as well as heel and arch support, will help to keep your joints and muscles stress-free and healthy as well as prevent many foot conditions. The right pair of healthy and arch supportive sandals will create the ultimate feeling of comfort and refreshing wind on your feet.
Sandals with Good Arch Support Table of Contents
|1||Birkenstock Women's Arizona - Soft Footbed arch Supportive Sandal||Birkenstock||96|
|2||Keen Women's Clearwater CNX - Fishermans Arch Support Sandal||Keen||96|
|3||Vionic Women's Lizbeth - Arch Support Smart Casual Sandal||Vionic||95|
|4||LifeStride Women's Notify - Arch Supporting Wedge Heel Sandal||LifeStride||94|
|5||Vionic Women's Shore Slide - Leather Arch Support Sandals||Vionic||96|
Table of Contents
- The Pros and Cons of Sandals
- Why is Good Arch Support Necessary in any Shoe Type
- The Main Features of a Sandal with Good Arch Support
- Top Rated Sandals with Good Arch Support
- Sandals with Good Arch Support Table of Contents