More and more women are committing to their careers and moving up in the professional world today. For a woman, her wardrobe is a key part of her work environment image and reflects her personal styles as well as her professionalism and personality.
Index Table for The Most Comfortable Work Shoes
|1||Clarks Women's Palma Rena - Ankle Work Boot||Clarks||94|
|2||Michael Kors Women's Fulton Moccasin - Flat Pumps for Work||Michael Kors||92|
|3||Birkenstock Women's Gizeh Birko-Flor - Work Sandals for Walking||Birkenstock||96|
|4||Clarks Women's Jaelin Fog - Professional Heeled sandal||Clarks||97|
|5||Naturalizer Women's Cycle - Flat Work Boot||Naturalizer||94|
|6||Walking Cradles Women's Flick - Comfortable Flats for Work||Walking Cradles||95|
|7||Vionic Orthaheel Women's Walker - Comfortable Walking Shoes for Work||Vionic Orthaheel||94|
|8||Vionic Women's Joan - Casual Work Shoes||Vionic||92|
The Importance of Appropriate Work Shoes
An appropriate and professional outfit is incomplete without a suitable pair of shoes complementing the outfit. More important than a stylish and fashionable pair of shoes are a comfortable pair of shoes especially if your work day consists of many hours on your feet. There are many styles and types of shoes to choose from when it comes to professional work shoes; the decision can be quite difficult. You need to make sure that your shoes are trendy, comfortable and sturdy, while still matching to your work outfits.
When choosing the perfect pair of work shoes you have two very important options, and that is the choice between heels or flats;
Heels or Flats Work Shoes?
High heels though very attractive can cause foot pain and discomfort. Because of the structure of a high heel and it’s height it shifts your body weight forward increasing pressure on the ball of your feet and the toes. So if you would like to opt for a high heel make sure to keep the following in mind;
- Choose a heel that is not higher than two inches to reduce stress on the front of the foot.
- Make sure that the shoe has a wide enough toe box and avoid pointy toes to reduce the stress on your forefoot.
- Avoid thin stiletto heels and pointy toes.
- Avoid peep toes because this causes your toes to push forward and become cramped as well as overlap in some cases.
- Aviod wedges and platforms that are too high as they can cause balance and stability problems that can lead to an ankle roll or injury.
Flats often seem like a more comfortable option for a work shoe although flats can also cause foot pain and problems if chosen incorrectly. So here are a few tips to follow when choosing a pair of flats for work;
- Choose a flat made of durable leather to support the sides of your feet.
- Make sure that the flat has a rubber sole to provide extra cushioning and prevent your from slipping and falling.
- Where necessary use a supportive and comfortable insole in your flat.
In the end, a pair of flats is usually a better choice than a pair of high heels because flats help to distribute your weight more evenly but unfortunately they lack support and comfort most of the time.
The Top Rated Comfortable Work Shoes for Women
Listed here are a few examples of the best available heels and flats for women to wear to work in a professional environment;1
- Manufactured from the finest full grain leather.
- A Leawood stacked heel to offer stability and support.
- The twin buckles ate the side are a trendy extra that also provides you a personalized fit.
- An Orthalite insole that eliminates odor keeping your feet dry and fresh all day.
- A durable synthetic sock liner for added comfort.
- The steel shank improves stability and gives added cushioning with each step.
- A loafer-style pumps with a decorative logo buckle.
- Fine quality leather uppers.
- Heavily treaded rubber sole for excellent grip and support.
- A slight heel for better stability.
- A durable and comfortable shoe for long work hours on or off your feet.
- Manufactured with Birko-FlorTM fabric that is soft and luxurious.
- A stylish crackle finished and leather look.
- Adjustable instep straps and buckles for a perfect fit.
- The smooth toe post and raised toe bar gives added grip and allows proper ventilation.
- The higher rim secures the outside of your foot.
- The cork footbed with its suede lining contours to the shape of your foot for support and comfort.
- A deeper heel cup and arch support dispersing weight evenly across the heel and giving excellent stability.
- The EVA outsole reduces shock and adds flexibility.
- A durable rubber outsole.
- Manufactured with soft and durable leather straps and a chunky Leawood heel.
- The adjustable buckle closure ensures a customized fit every time.
- Soft fabric linings that keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- An Orthalite cushioned footbed for luxurious comfort and support.
- The rubber outsole will keep you on your feet all day.
- Manufactured from 100% soft and durable goat leather.
- The grip-friendly designed rubber outsole makes this shoe suitable on any surface.
- An inside zipper for a trendy appearance and personalized fit.
- The soft Agion lining helps to reduce foot fatigue.
- An asymmetrical topline.
- N5 comfort system for great cushioned support and shock absorption.
- Available in a variety of colorful designs.
Long work hours will never be the same again with this wonderful flat from Walking Cradles. It comes with some interesting and unique features:
- Synthetic outsoles that offer comfort and good grip while walking or standing at work.
- High-quality premium leather uppers provide the best of comfort for a longer time.
- It also comes with a fabric sock liner which adds to the overall comfort of the shoe.
- Footbed: high-quality latex foam which offers extra cushioning.
- Made fromBreathable materials that can be worn for long hours in the office or other workplaces.
- Your feet will be kept dry and odor free because of the anti-bacterial orthotic insole.
- A breathable mesh liner and sock liner will also aid in keeping your feet dry and ventilated.
- An Eva midsole ensures that your feet are supported and cushioned.
- A flexible rubber outsole offers superb durability and good grip on slippery and wet floor surfaces.
- This shoe is also water resistant and very lightweight.
- Becuase of the orthotic insole and EVA midsole providing shock absorption and cushioning this is also one of the Best Shoes for Ankle Pain.
- Six different colors to choose from
- The soft fabric and leather uppers are comfortable and come with trendy looking beaded flower detail.
- An orthotic footbed cushions your feet for comfort and support.
- A hook and loop instep strap allow an easy fit.
- The outsole is made of durable rubber that will keep you on your feet on any surface.
- Available in many colors for every preference.
- One of the Top 10 Most Comfortable Flats for Walking.
It does not matter what your budget is, make sure that you spend well and wisely on a good pair of work shoes. Choose shoes that are supportive and comfortable and not only on looks alone. Make sure to try on a pair of shoes for the best fit. You cannot go wrong with any of the listed choices, they are all attractive, fashionable and have all the required support and comfort features.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Index Table for The Most Comfortable Work Shoes
- The Importance of Appropriate Work Shoes
- Heels or Flats Work Shoes?
- The Top Rated Comfortable Work Shoes for Women
- Clarks Women's Palma Rena Ankle Work Boot
- Michael Kors Women's Fulton Moccasin Flat Pumps for Work
- Birkenstock Women's Gizeh Birko-Flor Work Sandals for Walking
- Clarks Women's Jaelin Fog Professional Heeled sandal
- Naturalizer Women's Cycle Flat Work Boot
- Walking Cradles Women's Flick Comfortable Flats for Work
- Vionic Orthaheel Women's Walker Comfortable Walking Shoes for Work
- Vionic Women's Joan Casual Work Shoes