Flat shoes are comfortable and easy to wear they are also flattering and could be worn with almost any outfit for any occasion. Unfortunately most flat shoes do not provide very much cushioning, or support for your feet or arches and therefore can be damaging to your feet and cause pain or injuries. Luckily today there is a variety of choices of flat shoes that also provide great arch support and cushioning to keep your feet comfortable and well supported.
Table of Contents for Flats with Arch Support
|1||Hush Puppies Women's Chaste - Comfortable Arch Support Ballet Flats||Hush Puppies||94|
|2||Vionic Women's Spark Minna - Arch Supportive Ballet Flat||Vionic||93|
|3||Kunsto Women's Jagger - Loafer Style Arch Support Flats||Kunsto||95|
|4||Dansko Women's Marianne - Arch Support Professional Flat||Dansko||96|
|5||Skechers Women's Go Step Trace - Sporty Arch Support Flats||Skechers||95|
The Importance of Arch Support
The arch of your foot forms the most important structural feature that will bear about 200 000 to 300 000 lbs of stress and strain for each mile that you walk. With every step that you take the arch of your foot absorbs the brunt of the pressure that is thrust upon your feet. The height of the arches of each and every person may differ, some people have high arches, some have neutral arches and others have low arches, called flat feet. Every arch type requires the proper amount and specific type of support to prevent musculoskeletal problems that may affect your ability to walk or run.
How to Check Your Arch Type
You can easily see if you have a low, neutral or high arch by dipping the bottom of your feet in the water and walking on a surface where the water will make a footprint. Flat feet or low arches will have a slight curve from the big toe to the heel while high arches will only leave a thin strip from the heel to the ball of the foot. A neutral arch will leave a print that is in between that of a low and high arch print.
Benefits of Flats with Arch Support
Wearing flat shoes that provide good arch support are not only much more comfortable and less strenuous on your feet but also prevents and lessens pain in the feet which in turn improves mobility.
Arch supportive flats provide much needed support that will prevent damage and injuries to your feet and arches and is especially beneficial to people who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and flat feet or low arches.
Good arch support in a shoe creates a stable foundation to your shoes for healthy and pain-free feet and improves your overall balance to keep your feet and body well supported and stable.
Features of Flat Shoes with Arch Support
Features of Flats with Arch Support
- A cushioned or padded footbed or insole that supports the arch.
- Moisture wicking and breathability technology.
- Comfortable upper construction.
- Adequate toe room.
- A durable and thick outsole that also provides some shock absorption, usually made from rubber for better grip.
Top rated Flats with Arch Support
Here are reviews on some of the best available flats that provide excellent arch support;1
Hush Puppies are well known for their comfortable and therapeutic shoes; they are among the biggest names in orthopedic and therapeutic footwear. The Hush Puppy Chaste is a classic and stylish Ballet flat with exceptional support and comfort features.
- The uppers are made from full grain leather or suede and are available in a vast range of colors and designs.
- Another benefit of the upper construction is that it is unlined which means a more relaxed and comfortable fit that will mold to the shape of your feet.
- The sock liner has a perforation in the arch area for extra breathability and comfort.
- The Hush Puppy Chaste features ZeroG technology that is built in with super-lightweight materials to keep your feet comfortable all day.
- The HPO2 Flex technology in the cushioned triangle footbed conforms to the way you walk providing the ultimate support.
- The rubber outsole is molded providing excellent grip and traction.
Slip into the casual and classy Vionic Minna flat with it’s flexible and lightweight comfort and support.
- A chic and comfortable flat the Vionic Minna are made from premium leather that is crafted to perfection.
- A durable and shock absorbing rubber outsole provide excellent grip on different surfaces.
- The Vionic Minna had a comfortable and cushioned EVA footbed that provides support and comfort.
- A textile lining wicks away moisture and keeps your feet dry, fresh and comfortable all day.
- The Vionic Minna is also available in many color designs to compliment any outfit or mood.
Keep your feet dry and comfortable in even the hottest weather conditions in the Kunsto Jagger, made from synthetic materials with the best moisture absorbing capabilities.
- The uppers of the Kunsto Jagger are manufactured from genuine split leather and lined with pig leather for the maximum moisture absorption and comfort.
- The anti-slip rubber outsole provides good grip and traction on many different floor surfaces.
- A lightly padded footbed gives you lightweight and lasting comfort and support.
- The Kunsto Jagger is an easy to wear slip-on loafer with a bow lace up design for decoration and style.
The Dansko Marianne is an arch supportive flat shoe that is perfect for any occasion as well as to be worn as a work shoe.
- The Dansko Marianne has leather uppers a Strobel flexible for part construction for support and comfort.
- The best in its class removable molded and contoured PU footbed with arch and heel stabilizer provides all-day comfort and support.
- The Marianne is a low profile shoe with a very lightweight EVA outsole that provides long lasting wear.
- This shoe is available in both black and brown colors.
A casual and sporty style slip on shoe for everyday wear the Skechers Go Step trace is a fine walking shoe that will give you loads of cushioned support.
- Breathable fabric uppers and an easy slip-on style for comfort and convenience.
- The Skechers Go Step Trace have an antimicrobial lining to reduce odor causing bacteria and absorb moisture keeping your feet dry and fresh.
- A cushioned footbed with Gog Mat technology and Goga Pillars on the midsole and outsole provide exceptional arch support and shock absorption.
- The synthetic outsole has GoImpulse and Goga Pillar sensors that add flexibility and responsive feedback providing you with the ultimate comfort and support with every step that you take.
- This fantastic shoe is available in black and white as well as gray colors.
It is crucial always to keep your arches well supported as they play such a vital role in the healthy functioning of your feet. Arch support is particularly beneficial in persons with foot problems or conditions, and it can provide the necessary pain relief and corrective support that you may require.
Lower arches and people suffering from Plantar Fasciitis should always opt for footwear with the best arch support.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents for Flats with Arch Support
- The Importance of Arch Support
- How to Check Your Arch Type
- Benefits of Flats with Arch Support
- Features of Flat Shoes with Arch Support
- Features of Flats with Arch Support
- Top rated Flats with Arch Support