Even if your child is not a runner or taking part in any sports, daily activities and play still requires a protective, comfortable and supportive shoe for little feet.
Because a child’s feet are still developing and so fragile, good shoes are an absolute must, even if they are not going to wear them for very long.
Asics have some of the best athletic shoe models, which are ideal and come in various children’s ranges.
Why Get Your Child Asics Athletic Shoes
Asics shoes are durable, supportive, and comfortable on little feet. Asics has a Children’s athletic shoe range similar to those for adults with the same features, but only designed for young feet.
Asics Technology for Children;
- Support System – Asics support systems such as the Trusstic System, DuoMax midsole support and arch support can help your child’s developing feet and protect them from injuries.
- Cushioning – The cushioning in Asics shoe models such as EVA, Gel, and SPEVA or SOLYTE in the midsole helps absorb shock on little feet and protects them from these harsh impacts.
- Durability – Children need durable shoes as they tend to be all over on wet and dry terrain and very active. Asics shoes, if anything, is extremely durable and made from the best quality materials.
- Moisture Managment – Asics shoes keep little feet dry and cool with their moisture managing sock liners and cooling Gel Cushioning and technologies.
Getting the Perfect Fit For Your Child
Here are a few tips to help you get the best fit in an Asics shoe for your child;
- Never get a too big shoe thinking that they will grow into it; children can fall and trip easily with shoes that are too big.
- Also, never leave them to wear too small and tight shoes as this is just as dangerous and unhealthy.
- Always replace worn-out and small shoes immediately.
- When choosing a fit, make sure that there is always a thumbnail’s space between your child’s big toe and the shoe, and make sure they can splay their toes out or get a wider fit.
- Tie the shoes properly and fit them with the socks that your child will be wearing.
Features of a Good Asics Kid’s Shoe
- Gel, Foam or EVA cushioning in the sole and midsole.
- A durable and slip-resistant outsole.
- Moisture-managing Soockliner.
- Size availability for Pre School, Grade School, and Toddlers.
- Breathable mesh and synthetic uppers.
- Toe andheel reinforcements for durability.
Reviews: The Best Asics KidsShoes
Below are some of our top favorite models in Asics Children’s shoes;
Kids Running Shoe
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers with synthetic overlays for structure.
- There is Rearfoot gel technology to attenuate shock away from tender heels.
- An Ortholite sock liner provides cushioned comfort and excellent moisture management with a high breathability level.
- The solid rubber outsole is durable and ensures excellent traction.
- Available in many fun colors for boys and girls.
Another superb athletic and running shoes for kids is the Asics GT-1000, of which the 7 is the latest model.
- Fabric and synthetic leather uppers available in a few color options.
- An Impact Guidance System enhances the foot’s natural gait efficiency.
- Rearfoot Gel shock absorbency.
- A DuoMax support system with Vertical Flex grooves.
- A Trusstic System for complete control and less weight in the shoe’s sole.
- Durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Athletic Children’s Shoes
The Gel-Quantum 180 4 is an athletic shoe designed for older Children in Grade School (GS).
- A few color variations are available for young boys and girls.
- Fabric and synthetic uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A durable rubber outsole.
- Gel cushioning for excellent shock absorbency.
- Moisture-wicking and padded sock liner.
Toddlers Running Shoe
The Pre-Contend is the Pre School version of the Gel-Contend, in this case, the fourth model, which is the latest in the PS range.
- Available in many color variations and sizes for toddlers and young children.
- There is a reinforced and stitched toe cap and a durable rubber outsole.
- Removable comfort sock liner.
- Elastic laces with a hook and loop strap that closes with Velcro for a secure fit on little ones.
- Easy on and off design.
Disney Edition Shoes
The Asics Tiger Gel-Lyte Hikari Disney Edition features the red, black, and white Mickey mouse colors along with a Mickey Mouse Printed option.
- Soft and breathable fabric uppers with reinforced lace overlays.
- Mickey mouse colors and prints available.
- Lightweight and easy to wear.
- Durable rubber insole.
- Padded comfortable footbed.
- Moisture wicking lining.
Kids Athletic Shoe
One of the top sellers in the Asics brand is the Gel Kayano Range; I have chosen the 21 grade School model for children that are a bit older.
- Synthetic leather uppers with mesh-insets for breathability.
- A very colorful Gel cushioned design with a padded tongue and collar.
- Moisture-wicking interior linings for sweaty little feet.
- Lace-up vamp design.
- There is a Solyte Midsole, that offers lightweight shock absorbency.
- The AHAR High Abrasion-resistant rubber outsole is one of the most resistant and durable outsoles.
PS Running Shoe
The Gel Contend 5 for Pre Schoolers is a comfortable and supportive running shoe.
- Breathable mesh and synthetic uppers design with a moisture-wicking interior lining.
- Secure the Lace-up system and a few color options available.
- There are an EVA midsole and sock liner for maximum cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The durable rubber outsole offers exceptional traction and grip.
Shoes for Older Kids
The Gel Cumulus is likewise a much sought-after range in the Asics brand, and the 21 is their latest model, which is also available for children.
- Soft and flexible fabric uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A secure, reinforced lace-up system.
- Durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- Gel cushioning for maximum shock absorbency and a comfortable cushioned and moisture managing sock liner.
- There is also a full-length EVA midsole and an Ortholite Sockliner design.
Pre School Training Shoe
The Pre-Excite is a range designed specifically for Pre Schoolers as casual wearing athletic shoes for sports and running.
- Highly slip-proof rubber outsole for all surfaces and wet surfaces.
- A Full EVA midsole for shock absorbency.
- Lightweight and cushioned EVA Sickliner.
- Internal heel counter for better stability and motion control.
- Porous lightweight breathable mesh uppers.
- Designed for very busy little feet and all terrains.
Index Table: Top Rated Asics Kids Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Kids Running Shoe||Gel Venture 7||Gel Venture 7||Asics||98|
|2||Asics® - Running Shoe||GT-1000 7||GT-1000 7||Asics||98|
|3||Asics® - Athletic Children’s Shoes||Gel-Quantum 180 4||Gel-Quantum 180 4||Asics||97|
|4||Asics® - Toddlers Running Shoe||Pre-Contend 4||Pre-Contend 4||Asics||97|
|5||Asics® - Disney Edition Shoes||Tiger Gel-Lyte Hikari||Tiger Gel-Lyte Hikari||Asics||96|
|6||Asics® - Kids Athletic Shoe||Gel Kayano 27||Gel Kayano 27||Asics||97|
|7||Asics® - PS Running Shoe||Gel Contend||Gel Contend 5||Asics||96|
|8||Asics® - Shoes for Older Kids||Gel Cumulus 22||Gel Cumulus 22||Asics||97|
|9||Asics® - Pre School Training Shoe||Pre-Excite 6 PS||Pre-Excite 6 PS||Asics||97|
Table of Contents
- Why Get Your Child Asics Athletic Shoes
- Getting the Perfect Fit For Your Child
- Features of a Good Asics Kid’s Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Asics KidsShoes
- Kids Running Shoe
- Running Shoe
- Athletic Children’s Shoes
- Toddlers Running Shoe
- Disney Edition Shoes
- Kids Athletic Shoe
- PS Running Shoe
- Shoes for Older Kids
- Pre School Training Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Asics Kids Shoes