Flip flops are cool, simple and comfortable, particularly for summertime leisure wear.
There are thousands of designs to choose from very casual to more dressy styles.
Although Flip Flops are fantastic and easy to wear you still need to be careful when you buy them as they to need to provide good support and comfort for your feet.
What Exactly is a FlipFlop
Flip Flops are a type of sandal with an open toe that is normally worn as casual footwear. A Flip Flop mainly consists of a flat sole that is held loosely on the foot by a Y-shaped strap or thong which goes in between the first and second toes and surrounds both sides of your foot. The name Flip Flop originally came from the slapping sound that a Flip Flop makes when you walk as it hits the floor and your foot.
The Flip Flop style of footwear can be seen worn by many different cultures throughout the world as far back as the ancient Egyptians in 1,500BC.
Today Flip Flops are available in an enormous variety of styles and colors that range from casual or beach wear flip flops to more formal and detailed or Heeled Flip Flops.
There is simply no denying it, Flip Flops are a classic item that will never go out of fashion, they are comfortable, fun and easy to wear.
Health Benefits of Flip Flops
Flip Flops are easy to wear and quick to put on and take off, they also allow for great air circulation as you are practically barefoot in them.
Wearing flip-flops can be very relaxing, and they are a practical and cost-effective choice that is easy to clean and maintain.
Flip Flops are particularly advantageous for people suffering from conditions such as bunions or hammertoes as they place no pressure on the toes.
Why are Comfortable and Supportive Flip Flops Important
Not all Flip Flops are designed the same some are completely flat and offer no support which can cause health issues. The incorrect Flip Flop models can cause strain on your arches, increase your risk of developing flat feet and cause heel and lower back pain. Flip Flops that are too tight or loose can chafe the skin causing blisters and inflammation or swelling.
To enjoy the maximum health benefits of a Flip Flop, you must always look for a Flip Flop with and anatomical or supportive footbed. A slip-resistant outsole that is durable and shock absorbent is also an added benefit for the purpose of a flip-flop. Make sure that the Flip Flop you choose fits well and feels comfortable.
Some Comfort Features of Flip Flops
- Soft leather uppers that do not irritate your skin and fit comfortably.
- A Sturdy and durable sole that is slip resistant.
- An Anatomical, contoured or cushioned footbed for arch support and cushioned comfort.
- Good Shock absorption to reduce strain on your feet when walking or standing.
Reviews: The Most Comfortable Flip Flops
We have researched and listed the top most comfortable Flip Flops for women available today;
You can never go wrong with Olukai! It is comfortable, supportive and quick-drying a perfect choice for any occasion or environment.
- Synthetic nubuck leather uppers that are water resistant and have a soft quick-drying knit lining for a no irritation comfortable fit.
- The anatomically contoured ICEVA drop-in footbed provides superior support and comfort.
- The compression molded EVA in the Ohana absorbs shock and further cushions the foot.
- This fantastic Flip Flop is available in a large variety of colors and designs.
The Teva Mush 2 is a soft and comfortable Flip Flop with a durable high traction outsole for those slippery and uneven terrains.
- Soft and comfortable fabric uppers for a perfect fit.
- The durable rubber sole offers exceptional traction and grip while providing long-lasting durability.
- A comfortable and supportive footbed provides all-day plush comfort.
- The Teva Mush 2 is available in a large variety of colors for every mood and occasion.
A comfortable and functional Beach Flip Flop, the Reef Fanning provides all-day comfort and support.
- Durable and comfortable synthetic uppers and a bottle opener at the bottom for a Flip Flop with added benefits and a luxurious fit.
- The reef fanning is water friendly and slip-resistant making it the perfect beach Flip Flop.
- This sandal is completely PVC free and water friendly.
- A comfortable and supportive sandal that is available in two fun color options.
A more stylish and elegant Flip Flop sandal the Vionic Tide is perfect for any occasion and will provide you with lasting comfort.
- The sequined detailing on the synthetic uppers for a comfortable fit and elegant appearance.
- The Vionic Tide will reduce stress on your feet ankles and knees and provide the best shock absorption.
- The Orthaheel technology with added orthotic support helps to realign the feet keeping them in a more natural position.
- A durable rubber outsole with a patterned tread will give you excellent traction.
The FitFlop Skinny is a stylish and comfortable Flip Flop featuring the famous Microwobbleboard technology.
- The adjustable uppers do not only ensure a customized fit but are also beautifully detailed with a buckle and Croc Print metallic leather design.
- The FitFlop is biomechanically designed to provide only the best support and cushioning.
- A Microwobbleboard midsole provides excellent shock absorption and instantly diffuses underfoot pressure.
- FitFlops are known as the most comfortable Flip Flop footwear brands in the world.
Index Table: Most Comfortable Flip Flops
|1||Olukai Women's Kulapa Kai - Comfortable Flip Flop Sandal||Olukai||97|
|2||Teva Women's Mush 2 - Soft and Comfortable Flip Flop||Teva||95|
|3||Reef Women's Fanning - Comfortable Beach Flip Flop||Reef||96|
|4||Vionic Women's Tide - Flip Flop With Orthaheel Technology||Vionic||96|
|5||FitFlop Women's The Skinny - Shock Absorbing Comfort Flip Flop||FitFlop||96|
|6||FitFlop Women's iQushion - Ergonomic Flip Flop||FitFlop||98|
Just because Flip Flops are not your everyday footwear or may just be leisure footwear does not mean that they should not be supportive and comfortable.
Even footwear that you wear on the side should provide you with all the comfort and support features that you need.
Your feet are important to pay attention to the footwear that you use, even if they are just casual or leisure footwear.
Choose a supportive and comfortable Flip Flop to keep your feet healthy and happy.
Table of Contents
- What Exactly is a FlipFlop
- Health Benefits of Flip Flops
- Why are Comfortable and Supportive Flip Flops Important
- Some Comfort Features of Flip Flops
- Reviews: The Most Comfortable Flip Flops
- Olukai Women's Kulapa Kai Comfortable Flip Flop Sandal
- Teva Women's Mush 2 Soft and Comfortable Flip Flop
- Reef Women's Fanning Comfortable Beach Flip Flop
- Vionic Women's Tide Flip Flop With Orthaheel Technology
- FitFlop Women's The Skinny Shock Absorbing Comfort Flip Flop
- FitFlop Women's iQushion Ergonomic Flip Flop
- Index Table: Most Comfortable Flip Flops