People who are overweight or bigger tend to put much more strain on their feet, ankles, knees hips and lower back causing pain and discomfort in these areas and with time possibly damage. This can lead to a series of foot problems and conditions. People who are overweight also tend to opt for slip-on shoes mainly flip-flops which are easy to put on because most of them cannot reach their feet or struggle to reach their feet. Slip on shoes particularly flip-flops offer no or very little support.
Comparison table for the Best Walking Shoes for Overweight Women
|1||New Balance Women's WW928V3 - Lace Up Walking Shoe for Overweight Women||New Balance||94|
|2||Orthaheel Women's Walking - Shoe for Overweight Women||Orthaheel||92|
|3||Asics Women's Gel Cumulus 18 - Heavy Duty Walking Shoe||Asics||95|
|4||Reebok Women's Work N Cushion - Walking Shoe for Heavy Women||Reebok||92|
|5||New Balance Women's W1540V2 - Heavyweight Walking Shoe||New Balance||96|
|6||Saucony Women's ProGrid Integrity ST2 - Walking Shoe for Overweight Women||Saucony||95|
Obesity and its Effects on Your Feet
The main concern with overweight people is the damage that is done to the arch of the foot which has to carry the additional load. When there is excessive weight forced on the feet the muscles, tendons, and ligaments that hold up the arches weaken and become stretched out. If not well treated these structures in the feet will result in allowing the bones and joints of the feet to shift and collapse causing pain in the arches and flattening of the entire foot as well as ankle, hip, shin knee and lower back pain.Therefore it is critical to wear shoes that offer good support, and it is advisable for your own health and the health of your feet to try and lose weight by doing some exercise and following a healthy and balanced diet.
Walking to Lose Weight
Walking is a great method to not only lose weight but improve your fitness and stamina and become more healthy, Walking is a cardio exercise that is easy and less intensive to start out with. Walking will burn calories and improve your overall well-being.Make sure to get an appropriate pair of walking shoes before you start walking though because you do not want to risk and injury or have painful feet at the end of the day. Because of your weight, you will need an extra supportive shoe with a good fit.
The Anatomy of Shoes for Heavy Walkers
Heavy walkers should make sure that they find the right shoes that offer good support and shock absorbency to prevent further damage to the arches of the foot as well as prevent injuries. So before you start walking make sure to look for a shoe that secures your feet from heel to toe, offers a comfortable fit along with cushioning and support.
Some of the Best Available Walking Shoes for Overweight Women
We have scoured all the available footwear and chosen only the best walking shoes with unique features to accommodate heavier walkers;
- Soft and durable uppers with a breathable mesh lining to keep your feet dry and protected.
- The Thick heel wedge ensures a stable base for your feet.
- Thermoplastic urethane posting mechanics help to control excessive rearfoot movement.
- The rubber outsole provides excellent grip and traction.
- A special foam insole helps to distribute weight and reduce shock on the feet.
- A shock absorbing and comfortable EVA midsole.
- The rubber sole is durable, absorbs shock and offers good grip and traction.
- Full grain leather and mesh uppers with a sock liner for added comfort and protection.
- Available in wider sizes to accommodate a wider or swollen foot.
- A good choice for Plantar Fasciitis.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel cushioning systems to attenuate shock during impact and toe-off phases.
- Allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- With 8mm from the heel to toe cushioning, you have better balance, comfort, and control.
- Improved midsole geometry and the sleek new seamless construction provides even more comfort.
- Durable and comfortable uppers with seamless construction.
- The rubber outsole is oil and slip resistant and allows for more controlled and balanced movement.
- The lightweight synthetic mesh uppers keep your feet dry and fresh.
- Available in different widths to accommodate every foot size and type.
- A durable shoe that is well cushioned and comfortable.
- The Abzorb cushioning system absorbs shock and provides luxurious comfort.
- The Rollbar posting system provides excellent motion control capabilities.
- An endurance rubber outsole gives the best traction and grip.
- A polyurethane foam insert provides, even more, comfort and support.
- The best arch support and pronation control.
- A running and walking shoe.
- A cushioned forefoot and rearfoot with Strobel board to reduce the impact on the feet.
- The proGrid Reson technology heel absorbs shock and improves the gait cycle.
- The compression molded EVA midsole can handle quite a bit of weight while still keeping you comfortable.
- An XXTM outsole that is durable and provides good grip and traction to prevent slips.
- Breathable and flexible leather uppers ensure a good and well-ventilated fit.
- This is one of the Best Shock Absorbing Walking Shoes as well.
So if you are looking for the best running shoe and you are a bit on the heavy side, you cannot go wrong with any of these choices. They are all exceptional walking shoes that provide comfort as well as the best support in a durable and long lasting shoe. Walking has never been this easy, and you can now concentrate on the road ahead and no longer on the pain and discomfort of your feet.
Table of Contents
- Comparison table for the Best Walking Shoes for Overweight Women
- Obesity and its Effects on Your Feet
- Walking to Lose Weight
- The Anatomy of Shoes for Heavy Walkers
- Some of the Best Available Walking Shoes for Overweight Women
- New Balance Women's WW928V3 Lace Up Walking Shoe for Overweight Women
- Orthaheel Women's Walking Shoe for Overweight Women
- Asics Women's Gel Cumulus 18 Heavy Duty Walking Shoe
- Reebok Women's Work N Cushion Walking Shoe for Heavy Women
- New Balance Women's W1540V2 Heavyweight Walking Shoe
- Saucony Women's ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoe for Overweight Women