Many jobs require you to stand or walk for extended periods of time on concrete floors or similar hard floors. Working in the food industry, in a hospital, in a school or in an industrial environment are all examples of work that require you to be on your feet on hard surfaces for extended periods of time. Concrete and hard floors can result in aching feet and leg muscles after a long day of standing or walking, and you can also cause damage to your feet and lower limbs in the long run.
Comparison Table – Best Shoes for Standing on Concrete
|1||Brooks Women's Addiction Walker - Walker Shoes for Hard Surfaces and Overpronation||Brooks||94|
|2||Merrell Women's Encore Pro-Grip - Slip Resistant Work Shoe for Concrete Surfaces||Merrell||90|
|3||Rockport Women's Sidewalk Expression Chranson - Walking Shoe for Concrete Surfaces||Rockport||92|
|4||Crocs Women's Mercy - Wider Fit Clogs for Standing and Walking on Hard Surfaces||Crocs||92|
|5||Dansko Women's Celeste - Waterproof Outdoor Shoes for Concrete Surfaces||Dansko||95|
|6||Asics Women's Gel Cumulus 18 - Walkings Shoe for Hard and Concrete Surfaces||Asics||96|
Wearing the right shoes on hard and concrete surfaces is of vital importance to make sure that your feet are comfortable and supported. The wrong shoes can lead to heel, knee and back pain which can cause more serious health conditions such as plantar fasciitis down the line. Today luckily there are many good brands of shoes available in the footwear industry that will provide you with all the comfort and support technology that you need to enable you to work on your feet on any floor surface for extended periods of time.
The Effects of Walking and Standing on Concrete
Standing or walking on hard surfaces such as concrete floors for a long time can cause sore feet and swollen legs, along with varicose veins and back pain. These symptoms can become more serious with time and result in health issues and foot conditions such as plantar fasciitis later on in life.
Tips on Walking and Standing on Concrete Floors
- Make sure to change your standing position frequently or take a small stool to work to sit on for a few minutes to relieve your feet from the stress and strain from standing.
- You can purchase an anti-fatigue mat if you know you are going to be standing in the same area every day, an anti-fatigue mat is made from rubber, vinyl or wood to cushion your feet a bit reducing strain.
- Wear appropriate footwear that fit perfectly and gives you the support and cushioning that you require.
- Keep floor surfaces clean and dry to prevent slipping and falling.
- Most of the best shoes for standing all day comes with some arch support technology.
Shoes to Avoid on hard Surfaces
Charactaristics of a Good Shoe for Hard and Concrete Surfaces
- Extra cushioning and Firm support.
- Have your feet evaluated for foot and walking gait type.
- Orthotic inserts for more comfort.
- Slip resistant outsole.
Reviews on the best Shoes for Standing on Concrete Surfaces
Here are a few of the top choices in shoes for standing or walking on concrete;
- The rear and forefoot HydroFlow provides exceptional cushioning and shock absorption.
- The uppers are manufactured from high-quality full grain leather for a softer more comfortable feel.
- A MOGO midsole to reduce shock and cushion the feet.
- The signature PDRB triple density post on the medial side of the shoe gives good support.
- A synthetic sole.
- Aids in relieving hip, knee and back pain.
- Recommended by nurses and hospital staff.
- Available in the colors black, white and bone.
- Provides relief for flat feet and feet that tend to overpronate.
- SureGrip outsole for excellent grip and traction on concrete floor surfaces.
- Slip resistant to protect you on slippery surfaces.
- A comfortable midsole that is well cushioned.
- The footbed is comfortable and supported as well as treated with FRESH control to reduce odor.
- Available in brown, black and white.
- Breathable fabric uppers for light comfort.
- The wedge is 45 mm to help reduce shock and strain on your feet.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane midsole that provides stability and support in the midfoot area.
- The mesh lining provides excellent breathability and quick drying.
- The ethylene vinyl acetate midsole gives lightweight shock absorption to reduce foot and leg fatigue.
- A rubber outsole for durable grip on a variety of floor surfaces.
- A roomy fit like the original clogs for more comfort.
- Designed specifically for work environments with hard floor surfaces.
- A lock tread for slip resistance exceeding industry standards.
- The tiny nubs along the footbed give you feet a massaged feel.
- The footbed has enhanced arch support.
- The heel strap offer increased support and a better fit.
- Odor resistant and very easy to clean.
- This shoe offers a wider fit and is suitable for those suffering from Plantar fasciitis.
- Constructed with the legendary Dansko DNA materials to promote good foot, leg, and back health.
- A Vibram Rubber outsole for excellent performance and durability.
- Made from stain-resistant, waterproof leather that is seam sealed as well as a waterproof membrane for breathability and protection from wetness.
- A 1.25-inch heel and 0.75-inch platform to reduce shock.
- Removable, comfortable insole.
- Available in brown, black and wine colored milled nubuck.
- The solid rubber outsole absorbs shock and gives exceptional grip and traction on hard and slippery floor surfaces.
- ComforDry technology keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Front and rearfoot gel in the midsole reduces strain on the feet and gives better support.
- The uppers feature reflective material for better visibility at night.
- A comfortable and lightweight shoe that is well cushioned and flexible for easy movement.
- Available in four different colors.
- One of the Best Shock Absorbing Walking Shoes for Women.
If you are someone that stands or walks on hard concrete floors for quite a long time, then it is important to invest in a good pair of shoes that will give you support and cushion. You should never underestimate the severity of foot conditions and health issues that can be caused by standing on hard floor surfaces. The above choices of footwear are all excellent for standing and walking on concrete surfaces as they will provide you with comfort, support, and durability.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table – Best Shoes for Standing on Concrete
- The Effects of Walking and Standing on Concrete
- Tips on Walking and Standing on Concrete Floors
- Shoes to Avoid on hard Surfaces
- Charactaristics of a Good Shoe for Hard and Concrete Surfaces
- Reviews on the best Shoes for Standing on Concrete Surfaces
- Brooks Women's Addiction Walker Walker Shoes for Hard Surfaces and Overpronation
- Merrell Women's Encore Pro-Grip Slip Resistant Work Shoe for Concrete Surfaces
- Rockport Women's Sidewalk Expression Chranson Walking Shoe for Concrete Surfaces
- Crocs Women's Mercy Wider Fit Clogs for Standing and Walking on Hard Surfaces
- Dansko Women's Celeste Waterproof Outdoor Shoes for Concrete Surfaces
- Asics Women's Gel Cumulus 18 Walkings Shoe for Hard and Concrete Surfaces