If you are someone that has a flatter foot than normal or lower arches, then you will know how important the correct footwear offering the required amount of support and stress relief is.
What Exactly is a Flat Foot and Low Arch (Fallen Arch)
When you look at your foot from the side, you will see that there is an upward curve in the middle of your foot this is called an arch. You have tendons which are tight bands that attach to your heel and foot bones, as well as several tendons from your feet to lower leg that all form the arches in your feet. When there is a proper amount of tension pulling your tendons, then you will have a normal arch, but when your tendon do not pull together correctly, there is no arch which is then a fallen arch, or flat foot because your arch is sitting completely on the ground.
The Causes of Collapsed Arches, or a Flat Foot
- A birth defect.
- Tendons that are injured, stretched or torn.
- When your posterior tibial tendon connecting your lower leg to your ankle and then the middle of your foot becomes inflamed or infected.
- When you suffer broken bones or dislocation.
- Diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, nerve problems and diabetes.
- When you become overweight
- Pregnancy can also cause a fallen arch.
- Your arches can also fall as part of the aging process.
Features of Good Shoes for Low Arches
When you are choosing a shoe for flat feet make sure to bend and twist the shoe, it should be flexible in the toe area but more supported and sturdy in the middle where your arch will be.
Sturdy Outer Sole
An absolute must for fallen arches or flat feet is a sturdy and stiff outer sole that reinforces construction of your shoe enabling it to support and prevent your foot’s tendency to roll inward.
A sturdy and durable sole will also last you longer.
Plenty of cushioning, a snug fit and added material in the midsole supporting your arch will relieve the symptoms of flat feet and help to prevent over-pronation. A good pair of running shoes usually has the perfect amount of support and stability required by someone who has fallen arches or flat feet.
Reviews: Top Shoes for Low Arches and Flat Feet
We have reviewed some of the top shoes for low arches and flat feet on the market today;
- Manufactured and designed specifically for low arches using human-made materials of the finest quality.
- A microfiber-covered biomechanical orthotic footbed with Orthaheel technology and a deeper heel cup, designed by a podiatrist.
- Helps to stabilize, support and realign your feet back to their natural position when you wear them.
- Provides relief from the causes of heel and ankle pain that are related to over-pronation.
- Available in stylish designs in blue, red, beige and black.
- Manufactured from the finest quality leather.
- A rubber sole for good grip on slippery surfaces.
- A 3.25-inch heel and 0.5-inch platform that offers added support and stability.
- Well cushioned for a comfortable all day wear.
- Available in a variety of colors and designs.
- Constructed from good quality leather.
- The rubber sole with the kinetic wedge and super soft foam midsole provides superb shock absorbency and an exercising effect on the wearer.
- A one and a half inch heel and three quarter heel platform for stability and support.
- Designed primarily for women in colors such as silver, black, and pink.
- Constructed from high-quality leather and textile material.
- The rubber soles are slip-resistant.
- Shock-absorbing molded soles that offer extra arch support and reduces pain associated with foot conditions.
- A 1.5-inch heel and 1-inch platform for added stability and support.
- A tough and durable pair of boots that will last you for very long.
- The Nike Lunarglide is the highest rated stability shoe that NIKE has to offer that is specially designed for people who have over-pronation.
- A lightweight training shoe that offers a great customized fit.
- The entire sole has Lunarfoam technology, adding superior cushioning, great shock absorption and excellent stability to the shoe.
- The engineered foam will conform to the shape of your foot giving you the best fit possible.
- A reinforced midsole gives you added over-pronation protection and the dynamic support system along with the midsole and dual density cushioning provides you excellent medial support.
- An additional crash pad at the bottom of the heel for added support.
- Newly upgraded for a stellar feel with every mile that you run.
- Flyknit material and Flywire cables are used for breathability and stability.
- A synthetic and mesh combination is used for the uppers.
- The outsole is made with a unique material (PRC 1000) for longer durability.
- The wishbone shank provides excellent stability for the midfoot.
- The bootstrap design gives excellent stability.
- Abrasion protection via a RASH toe cap.
- This shoe is also featured as one of the best tennis shoes for flat feet.
- Breathable and lightweight uppers manufactured from high quality and durable materials.
- The Fluid Ride technology and rearfoot and forefoot gel padding aids in absorbing shock, supporting the arches and provides soft cushioning.
- The durable rubber sole will ensure you good grip and traction on any floor surface.
- This shoe has proven to be an excellent choice for the Best Shoe for Knee problems.
Comparison Table: Shoes for Fallen Arches (Flat Feet)
|1||Vionic Women's Shore Slide - Sandal for Low Arched Feet||Vionic||95|
|2||Clarks Women's Banoy Valtina - Dress Sandal for Low Arches||Clarks||95|
|3||Skechers Women's Shape Ups 2.0 - Comfort Low Arch Sneakers||Skechers||90|
|4||Original S.W.A.T Women's 115211 - Work Boot with Arch Support||Original S.W.A.T||92|
|5||Nike Women's Lunarglide 8 - Running Shoes for Low Arches||Nike||95|
|6||Prince Women's T22 - Tennis Shoes for Low Arches||Prince||96|
|7||Asics Women's Gel Cumulus 19 - Walking Shoe for Lower Arches||Asics||95|
Table of Contents
- What Exactly is a Flat Foot and Low Arch (Fallen Arch)
- The Causes of Collapsed Arches, or a Flat Foot
- Features of Good Shoes for Low Arches
- Reviews: Top Shoes for Low Arches and Flat Feet
- Vionic Women's Shore Slide Sandal for Low Arched Feet
- Clarks Women's Banoy Valtina Dress Sandal for Low Arches
- Skechers Women's Shape Ups 2.0 Comfort Low Arch Sneakers
- Original S.W.A.T Women's 115211 Work Boot with Arch Support
- Nike Women's Lunarglide 8 Running Shoes for Low Arches
- Prince Women's T22 Tennis Shoes for Low Arches
- Asics Women's Gel Cumulus 19 Walking Shoe for Lower Arches
- Comparison Table: Shoes for Fallen Arches (Flat Feet)